main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"He's Worth a Lot to Me" [COMPLETED 6/27] (Epilogue added 7/3)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tych_sel, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, nobody's posted, but here's the next part anyhow.

"So, do we head for Nar Hekka?" Luke asked, after confirming that Leia wasn't in the palace.

"Yeah, but first, I want to leave the Hutt a little present." Han went into the pack that he'd brought with him, and pulled out a small device, a wire trailing from the end of it. The box was placed near one of the palace corners. Han then unrolled the wire to its full extent. "When something depresses this button," Han said as he covered the wire with mud, "the whole palace will come crashing down."

"Where'd you get that little gadget?"

"It's just a little something that NRI came up with."

"What should we do about Outrider?"

"Contact the New Republic, and have them come pick it up. Dash'll have paid up the spot long enough for them to get here. And we'll go get Leia."

Okay, I know that it's shorter, but there will be more coming tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    Hmmm, so I guess Fett left the dart as a bait. I was wondering earlier why he left traces indicating that he was the killer.
    Up with this! :)

3. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    So, Page is moving in huh? I like it.

4. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Amy: Fett may have left the dart as bait, but remember that he wa in a bit of a rush to get out of town.

PROPHET: Page is moving in, and the action will start moving faster!

No post now, but I will post this afternoon!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, here comes the post, though it's a little shorter than I intended. I was an idiot and left the majority of one of the sectuions at home. But here's what I've got with me.

"You surely realize that the New Republic will be coming after you," I said to Shaba.

"The Republic won't interfere in the internal politics of a world," Shaba responded.

"But Skywalker and Solo aren't limited by the rules of the Republic. They can and will come after you, of that I am sure. In fact, they might even be on their way here right now."

"Good. I won't have to pay you to hunt them down. I will just take them when they arrive."

"I think you underestimate Skywalker. He is a Jedi, after all. And Solo can be extremely dangerous himself."

"Solo is human. I should let you deal with him. And Jedi mind tricks don't work on me."

"That's a dangerous attitude to take, Shaba. Remember what happened to Jabba."

"You're saying that I should give up?" the Hutt roared.

"Don't you have what you wanted? Leia Organa is the one who murdered Jabba."

"The others were complicit in his murder. They will all die, while I watch and enjoy every second of their torment!"

"I've taken risks before to pursue bounties, but what you're doing is suicide. I'll try to bring you Skywalker and Solo, but I would suggest that you be reay to evac this place."

"If you can't handle the order, then I'll find someone who can."

"I'm the best there is, Shaba, and you know it. I accepted the order, knowing it woul be difficult to fulfill. But rest assured, if it is possible, they will be brought to you alive. They're no good to me dead."

That's it for now, more to come tomorrow!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Hmm, so Fett is being extra cautious this time.
    Can't wait for more! :D

7. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Amy: Fett's not what you'd call stupid. He's hedging his bets, as usual.

And I've decided to be generous today and post a nice large segment in honor of my 22nd birthday. So here we go!

Lando watched the confrontation between Fett and the Hutt from the cell. For reasons that Lando couldn't fathom, Fett had changed the color of his armor. Rather than the grrenish brown that Lando knew so well, Fett was wearing silver armor, trimmed with blue. "What did you say, Fett, to get the Hutt so riled up?" Since nobody could hear him, no answer was forthcoming. Then, Lando caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. The dark-haired woman who had slapped Leia had now bent down and was whispering something in the princess' ear.

"Help is on the way, Leia," Anerom whispered. "Solo and Skywalker are inbound, and some friends of mine are on their way as well. We may need you to cause some minor havoc here in the throne room, though, in order to keep the Hutt busy." The woman then slipped something to Leia. "This is the key to that collar. When I signal, cause all the ruckus that you possibly can."

"That I can do. But if you don't mind my asking, who are you?"

"Let's just say that I'm a friend," she said, and then moved away from Leia.

Page and Kell double-time it to get to Nar Hekka and intercept Solo and Skywalker.

"Page?" Han asked, recognizing the commando leader. "What in the spice mines of Kessel are you doing here?"

"When one of the New Republic's generals gets nabbed by a bounty hunter, Intelligence gets suspicious. When a councilor gets nabbed as well, assets are put in place. Two of my commandos are in place for a rescue attempt. When you decided to take a leave, we figured it was time."

"Four people?"

"The two of you, plus my two commandos on the inside would be six. And Leia's always a wild card."

"We're in," Luke said almost as soon as Page had finished. Han echoed him a fraction of a heartbeat later. "What doi you want us to do?"

"The plan is to blow the main door," Kell said. "Though your lightsaber might let us get in a little more quietly. I'd also like to find the power conduits, and blow them. Just more commotion to keep Shaba's people occupied."

"And while you're busy providing distraction, my people and I will get Calrissian out."

"Sound like a plan," Han said.

"But if we can avoid killing, that's preferable," Luke added.

"The Hutt has to go Luke."

"Han, I have the feeeling that somehow that problem will have taken care of itself when we get there. After all, Leia has killed with her hands before."

Okay, that's it for today. I'm off to play tourist for the rest of the day, so I hope everybody enjoys this!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

8. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    So, the tension is mounting...
    Great post! :D
    By the way, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! :)

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Amy: The tension is indeed mounting, and the conclusion will be coming in a couple of days, possibly even tomorrow. And thanks for the birthday wish.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Here's the next post, and the final part should be up tomorrow.

"There goes your front door," I said to Shaba as an explosion rocked the palace. Obviously, Skywalker wasn't coming in quietly. "I've no intention of getting myself killed. And it seems as though Skywalker has brought friends. You've managed to bring the weight of the New Republic down on your head." Sorry Dad, but taking Skywalker out will have to wait for another day, I thought. I exited the palace, avoiding the usual points of entry and exit, which I'm sure were guarded by New Republic troops. I climbed into Slave I and rocketed away from Nar Hekka. Shaba would be left to face his destiny alone. After all, there would be other opportunities to settle the score with Solo.

"Get around Oderod," the Hutt bellowed as Boba Fett abandoned him. "I don't want her getting away. She is mine, and I will keep her!" But as two Gamorreans lumbered towards the captive princess, she surged up and lashed out with both elbows. One went into the gut of the first, the other into the piglike face of the second. Then her leg came out and took both of them down. Producing the key, she unlocked the collar and freed herself of the chain.

That's it for now. I know it's short, but I don't have time to get the final post up. It's a long one, so you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Yes, long post tomorrow! :)
    Up to the top! :D

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks for the up, Amy.

And here is the last part of the story.

Emerging from the hallway and into the throne room, Han saw Leia free herself from the chain that had bound her to the wall. He also saw that the Hutt was attempting to escape down a side hallway. One shot from Han's blaster changed that. He took out the repulsors in the front of the levitation couch and dumped the Hutt to the floor.

"Luke! Can I see that saber for a minute," Leia called to her brother, as another guard went flying, courtesy of Kell.

"Don't do this out of anger, Leia. That leads to the Dark Side," Luke said, as he tossed the Jedi weapon to her.

She turned, and plunged it into the side of the Hutt that had claimed to own her. "No the way Jabba went, but just as dead," she said, and returned the weapon to Luke. She looked around the room, and saw the broken body of Lanez, where the Hutt's tail had flung her during the final moment. "No," she said, guessing that like Anerom, Lanez had been an ally. Page and Kell emerged with a tired and dirty Lando, and were accompanied by Anerom, who Leia guessed was one of Page's people.

"Let's get out of here," Luke said. "Who knows what kind of self-destruct this place might have." And no sooner had they gotten clear of the palace before it blew up in a rather spectacular fashion.

"Kell," Page said, directing a somewhat sour look at the man.

"I didn't do it!" Kell exclaimed. "I was too busy helping you."

"That's my fault," "Anerom" Nelprin said. "I pulled a page from Kell's book of tricks."

"Can we just get some decent food? I'm starved," Lando said, which prompted a laugh from the whole group.

"There might be something on the Falcon that might do the trick," Han said. The whole group then headed for the ship.

Okay, that's it. Hope that everybody's enjoyed the ride. If I've got time tomorrow, there's a "Where they went" section that I just might post.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Nice wrap up Tych_sel. I thuroughly enjoyed this story. Any chance for a third Fett tale? Maybe latter in the timeline? After the DarkEmpire series?

14. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Yippe! Great ending!
    Hmm, like POTC, I hope you will do a third Fett fic. Maybe about his early bounty hunting days just after the rise of the Empire? I have always been interested in how the young boy in AOTC changed in the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy.
    Up! :)

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PROPHET: Glad you liked it. Hope the ending wasn't too obvious. Sorry, no Fett tale in the immediate future. I've got another story I'm working on that takes place after NJO (or at least, I hope things don't change so much that it doesn't work). That one will probably start showing up online on Monday.

Amy: Thanks for the comment. As I said, no Fett fic in the immediate future, but I hope you'll check out the new story once it gets going.

I won't rule out another Fett story, but I try to only work on one story at a time, lest my ideas get mixed up, or I end up not finishing something. Hope you'll all follow me over to the new story when I get it online. It's already over twenty handwritten pages.

Thanks again for all the support. And as always,

May the Force be with you.

Tych_sel

16. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    No worries there. I will most definately read anything you deem fit for online 'publication'.

Post-NJO huh? That sould be interesting.

17. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    You know, working on one story at a time is a good idea. I know some great authors who do like five stories at one time, and end up not finishing any one of them.
    Anyways, I will be on the lookout for your new fic.
    Up! :)

18. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Just got home and caught up on this. Well done, Tych. I'd like to see you add a "where are they now" post, especially for Mr. Fett!

19. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Where they went:

Luke Skywalker returned to his search for information about the Jedi. Shortly after tracking down the remains of a Jedi who had fled Coruscant with three hundred years worth of records on the Jedi, Luke found himself fighting the Nightsisters of Dathomir, warrior women skilled in the use of the Dark Side.

Leia Organa caught the attentions of Prince Isolder, the Chume'da of Hapes during a diplomatic mission. She was carried off to Dathomir by Han Solo. After defeating the Nightsisters, she consented to become Han's wife.

Han Solo returned to the Mon Remonda with Chewbacca. He soon left the ship to hand deliver orders from the Provisional Council. He gained the aid of an Imperial admiral in defeating Warlord Zsinj. He then carried Princess Leia off in an attempt to prove that he loved her.

Wedge Antilles returned to the New Republic, along with Corran Horn and the rest of the Rogues after defeating Isard at Thyferra. Wedge then created Wraith Sqaudron, which proved instrumental in the defeat of Warlord Zsinj. Kell Tainer left the commandos to join the Wraiths.

Lieutenant Page and his commando team served during the Thrawn crisis, and aided in the recovery of General Jan Dodonna and the rest of the Lusankya prisoners.

Talon Karrde continued brokering information, aiding the New Republic when Grand Admiral Thrawn returned from the Unknown Regions. His second-in-command, a woman named Mara Jade, eventually married Luke Skywalker.

The Outrider disappeared before the New Republic could recover it. It is suspected that Leebo decided to go into business himself.

Boba Fett continued hunting bounties. He nearly got his hands on Leia Organa and Han Solo on Nar Shadaa a few years later. He and Han met once more, and could not resolve their feelings. He is still out there, waiting...

20. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Dunn, dunn, dunn, dun-da-dunn, dun-da-dunn...

Aha! That makes the time frame plenty clearer.

::hunkers down to wait for a new "Council Rebuilt" post::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.