main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey all!!! Marvel movie updates....

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedibri, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    It's been a while and wated to see how you guy's are.

Anyone into Marvel movies? Well here a current list of movies in production.

Spiderman 2 (2004)

Iron Man '05

Electra (Daredevil 2)

Fantastic four December '04

X-men 3 '05-'06

Hulk 2 '06

Captin America writting stage.

Seems like Marvel wants to keep the ball rolling.

2. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    I forgot check the Columbus forum for a complete "Spiderman 2" Trailer discription!!!!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome back jedibri, we're fine...we're all fine here...now...thank you...how are you?

The thing I like about the recent wave of Marvel comics movies...is that they seem to be more concerned with "keeping it real" for the fans. They have people making the films...who are fans of the comic, and want to make sure they get the look right.

Superman: the movie was done pretty well...and I liked Superman II. But they got outta hand with II and IV. And regardless of which version of the batman films you liked (I can't stand Tim Burton) that series has less continuity then most fanfilms.

Electra (Daredevil 2)
    Jennifer Garner with top billing in a Daredevil sequel...this I can get into [face_love]

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The Fantastic Four movie ought to be pretty interesting too. I heard that there was a F4 movie made a few years ago, but it was so bad the studio never even released it. After all of the work that went into making it, they literally threw it away.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I've seen parts of the Roger Corman FF movie, it looked pretty bad. Here's an article on it, if you're interested.

And, ya know, don't go lining up for Iron Man tickets just yet. Only Spidey 2 has actually shot any film. X3 will probably get done (minus Halle Berry) and Elektra might film over the summer. As for the rest, who knows? They might get made, they might not.

However The Punisher and Man-Thing are both done filming and be out next year. Good news for all those Man-Thing fans out there. Both of 'em. [face_laugh]

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    X3 will probably get done (minus Halle Berry)
    And as the song goes..."oooh, what a wonderful world!"

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Why wouldn't Halle Berry be in X3???

8. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Hey! I liked Halle Berry! And considering that she's a Cleveland native (she went to my high school), I would think she should get a little more support from us.

I'm not mad, just tired of her getting bashed. :(

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I like her too. And I went to high school across the street from her. I just thought it was weird how she goes from Storm with freaky accent to Storm sans accent in X2. Oh well.

10. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I heard that Halle Berry was upset that she didn't get enough screen time in X2.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Is that what you heard? Or is that what Don told you?

12. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Actually, Brandyn and Neil were talking about it when they were taking me home from Ren Faire.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The rumor was Halle Berry and director Bryan Singer didn't get along real well. And she isn't really interested in working with him again.

14. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I was SOOOO ecited when I first saw the trailers for THE HULK. But when I went and saw it, I was very disapointed :( . The whole story-line was off, and there was too much BORING time inbetween action scenes, which were actuallly pretty good.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    You're right DonC, Halle Barry wanted Storm to be more involved in X2 than she was. I remember seeing her give an interview when X2 was in production saying that she was looking forward to having her character get more screen time than she did in X-Men. I guess she didn't read the script before doing the interview.

16. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, I think that I remember Brandyn and Neil saying something about her not liking the amount of screen time that she got in X2. I wasn't really paying that close attention to them. Comic books aren't really my thing. Maybe I would have been paying more attention if they had said something about how Gambit was going to be in X3. He always was my favorite X-man.

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I know that I'll probably be chased out of here by the die-hard comic fans for asking this one; but has anyone seen the X-Men: Evolutions cartoon on Saturday mornings?

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    she was looking forward to having her character get more screen time than she did in X-Men
    How much of the movie did she want centered around her character? I forgot that instead of the title "X-Men United" it was supposed to read: "The Halle Barry show?" She may be from Cleveland...but come on, the girl needs to leave her ego at Hopkins once and a while! X-Men has a wealth of characters that they can use...rather then focus the entire movie around Storm. Besides, you don't see Hugh Jackman complaining that he wasn't the center of attention.

has anyone seen the X-Men: Evolutions cartoon on Saturday mornings?
    I watch it on Cartoon Network, when i get a chance.

Haven't seen HULK...apparently I didn't miss much.

Got a preview of Spiderman II's version of Doc Ock...looks awesome! If they can bring the same kind of "fan-oriented" style to this as they did with Spiderman, this will be another huge success (and thankfully, not competition for Episode III)

19. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I've read reports and interviews that Halle Berry really wants to be involved in X3.

Hulk was a fantastic movie. The stuff between the action shots is called "plot" and "character development". It happens in movies once in awhile, not nearly as much as it should. ;) I put Hulk in the category as an adult comic book movie (same with Blade and Blade 2). It didn't cater to kids (except for the merchandising) and it wasn't made for kids. It's a dark exploration of the mind of a guy who's been screwed over by his father.

Spider-man 2 - I can't wait for that one. It's gonna rock. I'd put money on it.

I'm very worried about Punisher and Constantine. They could easily turn out very bad. And I have no idea who was smoking what when they green-lit Man-Thing.

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yeah, looks like Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) says Berry wants to return. Check it out here.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I hope she returns. It's just not the same when a new actor/actress has to be called on to portray an existing character.

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Very true. Although some said her career was dying, I think the Matrix has saved Jada Pinkett-Smith. If Halle Berry couldn't do it, then I think she'd be a cool replacement for Storm.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    not the same when a new actor/actress has to be called on to portray an existing character. ((cough)) Willie Mays Hayes((cough)) ...sorry did I say something.

I was just never a big fan of Hulk, so it was never a big priority for me. That's cool if it was geared towards the older audience...there seems to be this grey area in comic movie adaptations over who exactly the target audience is (kids/adults)

24. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    I now have it comfirmed the "Spiderman 2" trailer WILL be in front of "LOTR: Return of the King."

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.