main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey all!!! Marvel movie updates....

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedibri, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    not the same when a new actor/actress has to be called on to portray an existing character. ((cough)) Willie Mays Hayes((cough)) ...sorry did I say something.

Sorry Krash, but I don't get it. What are you talking about "Willie Mays Hayes"?

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    In Major League, Willie Mays Hayes was played by Wesley Snipes. When they made Major League 2, WMH was played by Omar Epps.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    When they made Major League 2, WMH was played by Omar Epps.
    Possibly the worst mistake in movies...before Greedo shooting first!

Do you guys think Marvel has a better collection of characters for adapting to the big screen?

I mean Superman was a classic. (after Superman II...forget it) Batman spent more time/effort making the latest actor to play the lead character "fit in" and the rest of DC just never got audiences attention. The next closest thing was "The Flash" and didn't last long as a TV show.

Meanwhile: X-Men, X-2, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Blade (Blade II...nah) all did really well both at the box office and with casual and die-hard fans alike. Does Stan "the man" Lee really have the formula for box office success?

4. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Brendan Fraser was on the Today show this morning promoting his latest movie. Al Roker was trying to get him to say something about being in a Superman movie but Fraser dodged the question. Anyone know anything about this? I'm a big Brendan Fraser fan and if you have seen him in "Gods and Monsters" or "The Quiet American," you know that he can do serious movies as well as his earlier lighter stuff.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Last I heard, the role of Superman was up for grabs and the top three actors in line were Paul Walker (Fast and the Furious), Brendan Frasier (The Mummy), and Matthew Bomer (soap actor). I know you're probably thinking "Matthew who?" right about now, but if you do a Google search of his name and check out his bio, he looks a lot more like a Clark Kent/Superman than the other two.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Um, Keanu is already Superman as Neo in the Matrix series... why do we need Keanu Version 2.0 (Paul Walker) to play Superman? I mean he looks nothing like the character. Plus he does more "WHOA"-ing in movies than Keanu does.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Keanu is already Superman as Neo in the Matrix series
    Perhaps, that is because movie audiences would like someone to portray Superman...for more then a couple days. And besides, Matrix has nothing to do with the subject of this thread (Marvel/comic book movies)...so can we stay "on target" with this one please.

Problem with remaking Superman is...Christopher Reeve did such a classic portrayal of The Man of Steel, that another movie would be trying to re-invent the wheel.

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    so can we stay "on target" with this one please.

I am staying on target. I was commenting on how I feel that Paul Walker would be an inefficient Superman because he is not fit for the role, because he looks nothing like Superman/Clark Kent, plus his acting ability is terrible. A lot of people compare him with Keanu Reeves with regards to their acting.

Using that as a segue... I hear Keanu is going to be starring in Constantine, another comic book movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.