main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Hey all..new member from Flagstaff hoping to start Flag club

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Greetings to all my fellow Star Wars fanatics out there.
    I just wanted to say "HI" and introduce myself.
    My name is Rachel but you can call me Jedi Knight Meg Whi-Ral if you want...hee hee. Anyway..I am a long time fan..going on about 23 years now and I am anxious to meet fellow addicts.
    I know most of you are down in the valley but I was hoping that some of you might be in Flagstaff and would be interested in starting a FF club for Flag or something of the sort...I know I am!!
    I was also hoping to chat with the guy wearing the Darth Vader helmet who scared the wits out of my daughter at a showing of AOTC at Harkins Theaters in Flag. He did a fabulous impression and she asked me all night why "Dark Vader" (she's only 3) was there in person. I think he would be interested in a club.
    Anywho..ANYONE interested in starting a club for Flagstaff..or who knows of one that exists..PLEASE let me know I would LOVE for there to be a club here.

MTFBWY!!

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    AWESOME!!!! Welcome Jedi Knight Meg! (may I call you Meg? :D ) How cool!!! It would be so great to have a Flagstaff chapter! I don't know who that guy was at the theater up there, but I'm sure there are Flagstaff "lurkers" on these boards - he might be one of them.

Anyway, it's nice to have you here! :) Please feel free to ask questions and make yourself at home. We'll do our best to help you with your "mission." ;)

kreleia ^.^

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Good to see a Flagstaff person around :). I was in Flagstaff from August of 2000 through this May. It would be nice to see a Flagstaff Fan Force, as I had none to join until I moved back to the valley. Assuming you went to an opening day showing, what time did you go (and what screen)? For those that don't know, Flagstaff has only one movie theater, so it's pretty easy to narrow times down and such :).

Welcome to TFN, and hope you have a great time.

4. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Welcome, Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral! :) I hope you're able to get a Flagstaff FanForce going. That would be awesome! Good luck! :D

5. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Welcome to our little corner of things Jedi Knight Meg. Keep and eye out on our events, we love to have our neighbors visit.

Good luck on getting a Flagstaff branch started :)

6. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Hello,
    I used to live in Flag, Hollygreen circle, on the East Side of town. Anyway, now I live in the valley, but i have friends up in Flag, that are fans.
    BTW a good place to start this would be NAU.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome, JKWR!

I am Obey Wann, the Regional Support Administrator for the Southwest USA, which just so happens to include Flagstaff. I'd love to help you out in starting a FF in Flagstaff. :D

I have started a Flagstaff interest thread in the Southwest Region General Discussion forum.

If you find any other fans, have them go to that thread and "sign in".

I'll be around to help you every step of the way. And the Phoenix FF is one of the best and biggest FF's around, so they've got some great experience to share, too. :D

8. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    WOW!!! It is so great to hear from fellow fans!!! YIPPEEE!! Thanks kreleia, Knight Writer, Lady Jedi Carenix, Void Dancer, CaptHowdy 00, and Obey Wann!! I am so psyched!
    I am definately going to try and start a Flag FanForce, and I hope to be able to meet you all soon.
    By the way, were you all able to go to the fire area and meet with the kids? I read Mara Jade AZ's post and it sounded great, I wish I could've gone with you.
    And..yes, you may call me Jedi Knight Meg if you wish...Hee hee. (I love that!!)
    Well, I've got to go defend the New Republic before lunch and I hope to chat with you all often and become great friends!!

MTFBWY!!

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Welcome to the JC, Jedi Knight Meg. :) Like the others have said already, please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. :)

MTFBWY,

IA

10. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks a bunch IA...just tell anyone you know in Flag.
    I'm going to be putting up flyers at the local book stores, NAU, the movie theaters, the mall and toy stores to see if I can get more people..

MTFBWY!!

Jedi Knight Meg

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Comic stores !!!! You get some interesting results when you put flyers at comic stores :D

12. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks a lot VoidDancer...will do!! Great idea by the way.

MTFBWY!!

Jedi Knight Meg

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh yes. We attracted quite a crew by merely advertising with flyers in the comic shops. [face_laugh] We're still trying to figure out how to get rid of Void quietly... ;)

Kidding. We love ya Void!! O:)

14. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I give you guys a couple more months of trying before you give up on the quietly part :p

Love you too [face_devil]

15. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    I'll be making the flyers today...
    Void...if kreleia won't have you..you can always join Jedi Knight Meg!! :p

16. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Don't worry Void, you have my protection... of course they may be trying to get rid of me too...

17. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I can take care of myself, I have the special "Anti-queen" word, think of the pain "Ni !" brings, just more specialized ;)

I do appreciate the offer of hospitality Jedi Knight Meg, you never know with this group. I may swing up there from time to time anyway...I'm picking up a much reduced sarcasm factor from there.

18. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    welcome meg. I just joined this world not to long ago. so we get to be the new kids. agghhhh bad 80's flash back
    I go up to prescot and flag all the time so we should try hook up to put faces with names :). good luck in flag

19. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Void, would that word happen to refer to a certain... um... piece of... um... well... aquatic attire? [face_laugh] I don't know if it still works, though. And... heh... you won't be able to find out tomorrow either. O:)

;)

20. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Just wanted to say HI! and good luck with the Flagg thing..!!

21. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Void..I would LOVE to meet you and DECIDE up in Flag sometime...kinda lonely being the lone Jedi Meg up here. :_|

To DarthFeldman..thanks for the welcome!!

I passed out flyers at a comic store and some book stores yesterday...BUT I believe the Empire is trying to stop my efforts...I was turned away by about 5 stores that sell STAR WARS merchandise!!! Darn DARK SIDE!!
    :mad:

(Calming...calming...) Ok, the Force is with me again.. [face_blush]

Anywho..I had a great idea for next 4th of July in Flag...once we get FF off the ground here we're going to enter in the parade next year and have a bunch of Jedi and Stormtroopers duking it out on the parade route...sounds like good ol' fashioned American fun to me!! :cool:

22. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    That it is. That it is. And with someone as excited about it as you are, I forsee it won't be long before you have a good-sized group going up there. MTFBWY

23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks!! I hope so too!! :)

MTFBWY too!!

Jedi Knight Meg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.