main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey all!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Helen_Taft, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Another newbie for you [strikethrough]to chew on[/strikethrough] welcome. :p I just wanted to say hello. I've been around other fandoms for a while (cough--not saying how long); even modding and running other forums in the dim and distant past.

Saying that, I'm really new to the star wars fandom. For some reason on re-watching the saga I managed to get myself hooked on the tragedy that is Anakin (and by extension Anakin and Padme), and being obsessive/compulsive I plan to wallow in reading and writing fanfic. :D *waves*

2. Oddball_62

Oddball_62 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Welcome, Helen_Taft!

If you've been to other forums, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding your way around. However, if you have questions, you can always PM me or any of the others here at the WNU. We're all pretty friendly. :D

Have fun, and don't get lost in the insanity!

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey there, Helen. Welcome to the JC. If you're looking for fanfic, you've definitely come to the right place. There are four whole boards dedicated to stories, so I'm sure you'll find something that interests you. ;)

If you need any help or just want to chat about fanfic or plain ol' nonsense, feel free to send me a PM. I'll look forward to seeing you around the boards. :)

Trika

4. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Thank you both for the welcome. I'll be sure to pm if I start to lose sight of the right track. I've already found the fanfic and have been having a great time reading and giving FB. Yay. [:D]

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Helen_Taft! :)

I'm a bit late to welcome you, but I think I have a good excuse being at the jedi-con this weekend. ;)

Did you take some time to go through the various boards already? Have you found your way on your own? Or can we help you in any way? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, Skiara! I hope you enjoyed the con? I'm doing fine and dandy. The boards are great[:D] .

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Welcome to the JC! :)

I hope you have time to explore around many of our forums. We have a great variety here.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, the jedi-con was great and exhausting. I felt I could sleep for weeks afterwards, but it worth it. :D

I'm glad that you enjoy the boards so far. It would be great if you come back once in a while to join our talks in the social threads of WNU. :)

9. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, General Kenobi

and, Skiara, I know that exhausted con feeling, lol. I'll be sure to take a look at the social threads.

[:D]

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At which cons have you been so far, Helen? :)

11. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    LOL I went to Angelverse one years ago in London. That was enough for me for a good long while. *g* [wilts at the thought] I think the fact that I was doing all the driving back and forth didn't help. I did enjoy it though. ;)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    So you live more or less close to London and missed the CE? :eek:

13. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    LMAO! It depends on your idea of close. I live in the north of the country, but considering we're really only a piddling island....lol. [face_laugh] Plus, my real excuse has to be being really, really new to the SW fandom. Go on tease me...who was there??

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, I thought it might have been just 200 or 300km +/-. But now I can understand you a lot better! And the reason of being too new to the fandom is really understandable. Any reason is ok, but it could be a worse one like, if you loved to go, but couldn't effort it. That's a hart time for that person. :(

15. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Welcome, Helen_Taft. :) What other fandoms have you been around?

16. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Thanks, Cinnamon_Windu! I've been in the Angel, SG-1 and Atlantis fandoms mainly, but tipped brief toes in the Harry Potter and Supernatural fandoms. [face_laugh]

17. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    You're welcome! I read the first Harry Potter book, and am reading the second.

18. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Ooh lucky you. They really are fabulous and while rereading is a real pleasure you never do get back that 'first read wow'! Enjoy!;)

19. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Hey Helen and welcome to the JCF.

Enjoy your stay.[face_peace]

20. Helen_Taft

Mar 18, 2008
    Thank you, evil_X_13! I'm already having a wonderful time!

21. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Thats good to hear. Take care now.

22. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Enjoy your stay then!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.