main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey all

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by IG_2000, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm new here, I'll not that much of a noob though since IGN uses the same boards style I'm used to :p

Anyone from Wookieepedia might know me as DjMack or Bly1993 there. And the admin of the Zelda wiki as DjMack.

Huge lifelong Star Wars obsessive.

Like you really care bout my life story anyway.

Anyways, a few questions:

I know Abel's a user here, are there any other regular users that are authors?

Anywhere I can request a new icon? I want Melas.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a0/MelasSE.jpg]

And I've been looking around and saw sports/movie boards, stuff like that. Is there a music board, or a general off-topic board?

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Welcome to the boards.

I'm not quite sure about some of the questions you asked. Some people who have been on longer then me will arrive soon, and I'm sure they know the answers to your questions.

3. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    The off topic board...would be the JCC Jedi Council Community. its in the scroll on the upper right, right under "welcome new users"

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi there, IG! Welcome to the JC! I'm glad to hear you're familiar with the board functions and whatnot, and even though the JC is rather large, it is very easy to tame it once you get explore a little. Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. As always if you have more, you're certainly welcome to ask them. ;)

First, there are a lot of authors, artists, and actors who occasionally get on the JC to chat with fans. You were actually right in the midst of where the authors like to hang most frequently, in the Authors and Artists section. The authors will be in red, as VIPs on the boards. So, John Jackson Miller and Daniel Wallace would be good examples. If you see an actor's/artist's/author's name as a username, and it's in red, that's who you're looking for.

Second, as for icons, they have to be submitted and voted upon by icon makers. You can find the Communications thread here for more information. Basically, if you can't make the icon yourself, you can ask an icon maker to make you one for submission into the pool of new icons to be voted on in the future. If it's good and makes the cut, you'll see it pop up later on. Currently, you can't upload your own, though; so, that thread is your best source of information on the subject.

And there is both a music board (more for film music, however) and an off-topic board, called YJCC, or Your Jedi Council Community. So, if you're talking about Star Wars music or general film or TV music, try the first link, but if you want to chat about regular music, check out the JCC's listing of currently-indexed music threads.

Did I manage to get them all? Did I do it? Did I do it? Again, welcome to the JC, and I hope you find some cool places to post. I'm always available here or via PM if you need help or just want to chat.

Have a great time!

Trikes

5. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Man, how do I follow after such a post as Trika's? I guess a simply, "hi and welcome IG" would suffice :p .

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome IG_2000! :)

You see, you get lots of (good) answers within a short time. :D

So have you found everything you were looking for, or do you need further help?

Enjoy your stay. :)

7. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    You cannot without getting completely owned. :cool: It's just a fact.

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.