main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

hey any oldbie advice?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by darthdan70, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthdan70

darthdan70 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    hey Im new and I wanted to see if i could make some friends and get some advice

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Hi and welcome to the boards.=D=

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Welcome to the boards darthdan70! [face_cowboy]

Be sure to check out all the helpful links in the forum header like the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/18093587/]Map of the Boards[/link] and the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/19375260/]Glossary.[/link] :)

You might also want to check out and ask all your questions in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/20409032/?277]Official Newbie Questions[/link] thread. :)

Once again, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! :cool:

edit - It really helps to lurk around a bit before you post a thread in one of the other forums. That way it will be easier to be accepted into the community if you don't start redundant threads. :)

~Agent

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome!

My advice: When starting a topic, make sure there isn't already a topic like the one you which to post. You can find topics using either the forum indexes, or the search feature. Lurking, as said above, can also help. Letting you know what is acceptable to be posted, and where something should be posted. The links you can find above can really help you out.

I also suggest you hang out in Welcome New Users a bit, it can really help with getting all the buttons right. Lastly, don't be shy to explore, there are forums for countless things, not everything is Star Wars here.

Enjoy your stay!

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I wouldn't suggest the search function, unless it has improved much lately. ;)

Nevertheless the advice to make sure that there isn't a similiar thread already is a good one. But there is another way to find that out, go through the last few pages and take a look at the various threads. It's some work sometimes, but it is worth it. And if you aren't sure, PM the Mod, they will help you. :)

My main advices is to be friendly and listen to the Mods. Not much, but not unimportant I think. ;) :)

You said you want to make friends? Then I would suggest one of the many social threads you can find at almost every board. Just go through the various boards and if you find an interesting one, take a look and maybe there's a social thread. :) And I'm sure you'll make some new friends very soon. ;)

See you around and have fun. :)

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I don't know why people always say the search function is useless, it usually works pretty well for me half the time.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Almost everytime I search something the search function gives me everything but the thing I needed. :(

8. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Ditto.

edit - I never get what I want when I use it.

9. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome darthdan70.

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Welcome Darthdan!
    You can make friends easily in the "Hug a Newbie" thread, the "Pillow Fight" thread and the "Newbie Welcome Party".
    Join us there and have fun!

11. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Welcome to TFN! :)

12. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Welcome darthdan70! If you want to make friends here at the JC, I suggest posting in social threads, joining social groups( I suggest checking this thread out, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/12914533/?117]Intoduction to Social groups[/link].) and just being respectful of your fellow posters. You should start making new friends in no time.

Enjoy!

13. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004

Same thing happens to me every single time.:_|

~Rogue~

14. Jedi_Apparition

Jedi_Apparition Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2003
    don't allow the dark side to overpower you. when you find yourself posting a dozen times a day back off. take a break. Don't get hooked!

15. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    Welcome! :)

~Kilo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.