hey any oldbie advice?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by darthdan70, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. darthdan70 Jedi Youngling

hey Im new and I wanted to see if i could make some friends and get some advice
  2. solo77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi and welcome to the boards.=D=

3. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight

star 6
    Welcome to the boards darthdan70! [face_cowboy]

Be sure to check out all the helpful links in the forum header like the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/18093587/]Map of the Boards[/link] and the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/19375260/]Glossary.[/link] :)

You might also want to check out and ask all your questions in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/20409032/?277]Official Newbie Questions[/link] thread. :)

Once again, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! :cool:

edit - It really helps to lurk around a bit before you post a thread in one of the other forums. That way it will be easier to be accepted into the community if you don't start redundant threads. :)

~Agent
  4. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome!

My advice: When starting a topic, make sure there isn't already a topic like the one you which to post. You can find topics using either the forum indexes, or the search feature. Lurking, as said above, can also help. Letting you know what is acceptable to be posted, and where something should be posted. The links you can find above can really help you out.

I also suggest you hang out in Welcome New Users a bit, it can really help with getting all the buttons right. Lastly, don't be shy to explore, there are forums for countless things, not everything is Star Wars here.

Enjoy your stay!
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I wouldn't suggest the search function, unless it has improved much lately. ;)

Nevertheless the advice to make sure that there isn't a similiar thread already is a good one. But there is another way to find that out, go through the last few pages and take a look at the various threads. It's some work sometimes, but it is worth it. And if you aren't sure, PM the Mod, they will help you. :)

My main advices is to be friendly and listen to the Mods. Not much, but not unimportant I think. ;) :)

You said you want to make friends? Then I would suggest one of the many social threads you can find at almost every board. Just go through the various boards and if you find an interesting one, take a look and maybe there's a social thread. :) And I'm sure you'll make some new friends very soon. ;)

See you around and have fun. :)
  6. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't know why people always say the search function is useless, it usually works pretty well for me half the time.
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Almost everytime I search something the search function gives me everything but the thing I needed. :(
  8. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight

star 6
    Ditto.

edit - I never get what I want when I use it.
  9. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 8
  10. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Darthdan!
    You can make friends easily in the "Hug a Newbie" thread, the "Pillow Fight" thread and the "Newbie Welcome Party".
    Join us there and have fun!
  11. green-boy Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Welcome darthdan70! If you want to make friends here at the JC, I suggest posting in social threads, joining social groups( I suggest checking this thread out, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Welcome_New_Users/b10181/12914533/?117]Intoduction to Social groups[/link].) and just being respectful of your fellow posters. You should start making new friends in no time.

Enjoy!
  13. Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master

star 4

Same thing happens to me every single time.:_|

~Rogue~
  14. Jedi_Apparition Jedi Youngling

star 2
    don't allow the dark side to overpower you. when you find yourself posting a dozen times a day back off. take a break. Don't get hooked!
  15. Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.