Hey Austin

Discussion in 'Austin, TX' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    It has been a while since anyone has posted here. How is every thing going?
  2. beafet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Apparently, the city of Austin is in hiding.

[face_plain]
  3. ColonelSandurz Force Ghost

star 4
    Since I'm driving up to Austin this weekend for a State German Competetion (...), I was gonna see if any JCers liver near the downtown UT campus.

But, it seems like no one's posted here for a while.

There goes my dreams of being kidnapped and raped by a stranger from the internet.
  4. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    We're here! Thanks for the reminder guys, we do want to participate on the TFN but do have a very strong participation at our local forum.

Sorry we don't check the TFN very often. The Austin Fan Force is very much in swing and would like to welcome any visitors or new members.

We have monthly meetings on the first Saturday of every month at 1 pm at the Dog and Duck Pub, visitors and newcomers are always welcome.

We also have a strong presence at the Miniature Gaming Leagues generally on Wednesdays at 7:00pm at the Dragon's Lair at 6111 Burnet Rd. We also have members participating in a fan film.... All which you can find at our Austin Fan Force Forum:

Austin Fan Force
  5. Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Master

star 3
    I am probably moving to Austin at the end of 2006. I look foward to meeting you all in the future.
  6. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
  7. hotrodjedi70 Jedi Padawan

Does anybody get together and watch the trilogy? Does anybody want to? I'm new to the forum and was looking for something to do.
  8. jackyyy17 Force Ghost

star 4
    Not sure. The Austin Fanforce is the closest FanForce to me, but its still a pretty good travel. I'm in Bryan, Texas, and as far as I know, I'm the only Fan down here :(.
  9. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all,
    I just moved from Rochester, NY to Lake O the Pines, Texas. I was wondering if Austin was the closest FanForce. I was thinking Shreveport, LA would be but they don't have a forum. :(

Hope to talk to you guys soon!

10. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just moved from Boise, Id. via Orlando. Just dropping in to say hey. Currently have a friend of mine helping me write a fan film script. I just finnished film school a few months ago and hope to get pre-production started sometime next year - if you're interested, stay tuned and say "hey"!
  11. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all,

It appears the wife and I will be making a trip down to Austin sometime in the Spring. Our reason for visiting is to check out the area (Round Rock specifically) for possible relocation. The NE and Massachusetts in particular has just become too expensive to live and raise a family.

Any places you guys can recommend as far as food, lodging, attractions/sights?

?DW
  12. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    Howdy DarthWormie!!

Well, there are so many accomodations that work just fine, I am not that familiar iwht accomodation in Round Rock, though we have a load of outlets and shopping there. It really depends what you are in to with respect to sights.... Lots of people like eating out by Lake Travis at The Oasis, but there's a lot of live music downtown... It also depends on when you are coming because there is always some interesting event planned. As far as BBQ goes, there are a few around though I'd suggest the Salt Lick, its far south but what a Texas experience....

Hope I could be of some help!!
  13. BigChris Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey DarthWormie. I currently reside in Round Rock, well for one more week anyway. I have lived in Round Rock for about 2 years now but I was born and raised in Austin and I have lived in this area all my life. If you have any questions about Austin or Round Rock please let me know.

Big Chris
  14. Exar_Kun_The_Lost Jedi Padawan

Hi... I am moving to Austin from Louisville KY. I don't know when it will happen.. I'm waiting on my house to sell. But I wanted to introduce myself.
  15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the info guys. As our plans become more definite I'll definitely be asking more questions!
    ?DW
  16. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    EXAR KUN THE LOST, please feel free to check out our local website www.austinfanforce.org when you get here for info.... And welcome to Austin! (when you get here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.