main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC HEY AUSTRALIA

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, May 31, 2015.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm sure we'll drop more when we elect Donald Trump.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You'll plummet.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Rightfully so too, if we elect Trump.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ENDER

Your pal Turnbull got rid of knighthoods. What is the meaning of this???

edit: somewhat related, I just found this AMAZING picture of Abbott and Prince George while reading the news about this.

[​IMG]

George: why is this creepy peasant touching me?

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why do you think so poorly of yourself, Jells?

Ender Sai likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    the flag remains unchanged, Iello, as does the head of state. That's all that matters.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Did you read the article, Shane?

Because it's basically being used in indigenous communities to make moonshine.

Communities which are already ravaged by alcohol.

You monster, you.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not showing much conviction. You should be castigating your man for this foolishness.

12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Ender Sai
    Oh sure, blame the natives. Face it, pretense aside, you're just as ragged, dirty,smelly, and crude, nearly as republican, as we are.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If Malcolm decided it, it might well be right Iello.

Shane, I appreciate that for some people being caught being insensitive to the plight of indigenous peoples is an embarrassment. I congratulate you for taking the double down approach over the humble approach.

You wicked fiend, you.

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I thank you for exporting this Australian innovation, vegemite. Will this increase your PPP ranking?

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Have you tried vegemite sir?

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No. I'm a nutella person. But they look similar.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sure, in the same way that motor oil and energy drinks do.

Vegemite, like Marmite, is a yeast extract that has a slightly bitter/hoppy taste. Americans, when trying it, assume it's like their overly sugared peanut butter/regular butter/anything else with added sugar that gets spread on sugary bread and lather it on in thick layers. When they eat it, it tastes like what one can only assume the devil's testicles taste like and they declare it "ew, like, super gross."

The approach is to apply it as if one is not American. A very small amount, spread thinly across a surface. Paired with, say, a sharp cheddar cheese, and of course on toasted bread. It's quite simply wonderful.

jp-30 likes this.
  18. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I just read Abbott told aborigines if they wanted to live so far away from schools and cities, they shouldn't live out in the desert.

Umm…the desert is in your country and those people are a part of it. Maybe they should be included in the national conversation?

Gee, I wonder why he lost?

What a git.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh he was a man of profound ridiculousness, which is hardly unsurprising as he was also staunchly conservative - an ideology which requires all vestiges of common sense are unceremoniously dumped immediately.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-of-tax-is-best-borne-by-those-able-to-pay-it

Malcolm Turnbull: 'burden of tax is best borne by those able to pay it'
    Prime minister lauds Australia’s mix of laissez-faire capitalism and the ‘culture of a fair go’

Malcolm Turnbull says the fairness test in his looming tax reform package will be whether people with more resources pay more than people with fewer resources.
    Having locked his government into a “no-disadvantage” tax reform package earlier this week, the prime minister was pressed for a precise definition of fairness during a radio interview on the ABC on Thursday morning.

“Fair is obviously in the eye of the beholder, but fair, I think, for Australians, means that the burden of tax is best borne by those able to pay it,” the prime minister said.
    “It’s a question of judgment. We have a very unique culture in Australia, a very good mix of laissez-faire capitalism and free market, but we also have a culture of a fair go, looking after each other,” he said.
    “We have an egalitarian tradition and I think the test of whether any set of measures is fair is whether people look at it and say, yep, that’s fair enough.”
    Turnbull has emphasised the importance of fairness in economic reform since becoming prime minister in September.
    Tony Abbott’s prime ministership suffered a direct hit when he delivered his government’s first budget, an economic statement widely judged to be unfair.
    Abbott’s leadership never recovered from the blow of the 2014 budget.
    Turnbull has attempted to draw a line over past miscalculations, and has reset the national tax reform debate by putting all potential reform options back on the table, including an increase in the GST.
    One government backbencher this week called for the GST to be increased to 15% and the coverage be broadened to include health and education.
    Overnight, the Australian Council of Social Services released new modelling showing a 15% GST would cost the lowest paid Australian families an extra 7% of their disposable income, while the richest families would only pay an additional 3.6%.
    The analysis underscores the fact a GST hike is inherently regressive – hitting low and middle income earners harder than wealthy taxpayers.
    Labor has already pledged to oppose a GST increase on that basis. The shadow treasurer Chris Bowen cited the Acoss modelling on Thursday to validate Labor’s stance.
    “Malcolm Turnbull’s plan would be to make Australia’s tax system more regressive, to hit low income earners in particular harder than is currently the case under our tax system,” Bowen told reporters in Melbourne. “That is the opposite of good tax reform.”
    But the government is very unlikely to pursue a GST increase without accompanying compensation in the form of tax cuts or increases in transfer payments.
    The modelling produced by Acoss suggests a fair compensation package would require a spend almost as large as the revenue raised under the higher GST, and state governments are advancing a GST increase in order to pay for hospitals and schools.
    Turnbull on Thursday refused to be drawn on the detail of the government’s thinking.
    The prime minister said he wanted to avoid being drawn into a trajectory where scare campaigns led to various policy options being rule in or ruled out. “I don’t want to get drawn into the details of what may be in a tax package,” Turnbull said.
    Bowen urged Turnbull to drop the “soothing words” and “platitudes” and get about releasing details of the government’s tax package.
    The shadow treasurer said if the government produced tax reform that was fair then Labor would look at it. “We always said if the government comes up with something fair we are prepared to back it.”
    “We don’t see an increase in the GST as being fair or reasonable or necessary,” Bowen said.
    The prime minister in his ABC interview played down the idea wealthy Australians currently used more options to avoid their tax obligations than average income earners.
    Turnbull suggested that may be the case in countries such as the United States, but it was “just wrong to say tax is optional in Australia as it is in some countries”.
    “That’s not the case in Australia,” the prime minister said.
    “The rich will always pay more tax because they have more to pay it with.”

Sup guys.

22. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    That man sounds like a no-good godless commie. I bet he ain't even 'murican.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He's not. He's some sort of hero.

Leader of the conservative Liberal Party too.

"OH BUT BERNIE SANDERS".

Whatever.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You're not going to win me over, Ender. He abolished knighthoods. That basically makes him a Jacobin.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Shopkins originate from your parasite of a country.

You will never be forgiven, you massive ****ings ****s.