main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC HEY AUSTRALIA

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, May 31, 2015.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh no! Irreverence in the Australia thread! WHAT WILL WE DO?

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Punch a roo. :p

Darth Punk likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not really going outside until my lunch break, in about 3hrs time.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Now I just want to know if kangaroos really hang around outside Ender's office...

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Of course. How else do you think we get to work?

EDIT: Though it doesn't help that the precinct I work in is called Barangaroo...

[​IMG]

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Er, no. I've explained this before, but I do usually realize you're attempting to joke. I love satire. It's one of my favorite forms of comedy, and I have a much more dry British sense of humor than anything approaching a typical American sense of humor. Satire can be hilarious. And I'm not nearly as deadly serious in my objections as you seem to think I am. It's more me rolling my eyes at your lame attempts at jokes.

Also, this is the thread to make fun of Australia dude. Which is why I made a snide comment about how we saved your asses. You have another one to make fun of America.

It's just that often your attempts at satire aren't actually funny. They're more tired and repetitive. Come up with some new material that's genuinely funny and I'll gladly laugh along. But you don't get automatic points for just attempting to be funny, when in fact your humor is the equivalent of a multicam sitcom using the same catch-phrase over and over again. You're not Blackadder... You're more like Andy Millman having to repeat, "You havin' a laugh?" over and over, rather than coming up with new stuff.

I've made it clear that I like you, Ender. It's just that if you want laughs, be funnier.

Also... Worked up, Shane? I am rarely actually worked up by anything on the JC. I think that gets wildly misinterpreted. If you saw me in person you'd realize I am perfectly calm, yes, even during most Chiefs games It's more that I'm casually critical because I have an engineering mind and always think of the ways something could be done better. Including humor. My response to Ender was intended as an eye roll and a, "well that joke was off the mark and in poor taste." I am actually one of the hardest people in the world to truly offend, because I have no soul

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    101%.

Diggy and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Lol Ender, so sensitive to having an obvious truth about your brand of humor plainly stated. The real question is, if you think I'm so humorless, why do you always seem to care so much when I don't find a joke of yours funny?

Honestly, if you tried to tell someone who knows me IRL that I don't get sarcasm or satire, they'd probably laugh so hard they'd choke to death.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    oh ok by responding seriously to these points with serious and earnest and dare I say serious declarations of how Not Serious you are IRL and how Ironic and Satiric you are you have convinced me

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > the point

Be funnier, Ender. That's all I ask. I'm not sure how you interpret my posts on that as being "serious" or "earnest" about it. If anything, you seem to take serious offense to someone calling you out on the fact that your "humor" is just catch phrases on a loop, like so many episodes of The Big Bang Theory.

I'm not earnest or upset about it. More amused at how incredibly off the mark you are, and how revelatory this has been. You insist on saying that if I don't find your lame, repetitious jokes funny, the problem lies with me. It means I have no sense of humor, right? It couldn't possibly be that most people here find your shtick predictable and tired at this stage. Certainly it doesn't pass for anything like a clever satire at this stage... Surely you realize that, right? That people see you more as that one uncle who makes the same jokes at every gathering, and less as some Super Edgy! underground comic cleverly subverting the US... Right?

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK.

103%.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Can we go back to talking about kangaroos outside Ender's office?

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yes stop ruining threads by posting in them sj

some of us organise impromptu fights between cash-strapped irish backpackers and our personal roos.

One time, Patrick Fitzpatrick knocked me mate Jonno's prize roo Dolores out in the second, and he had to walk home that day.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    As soon as you stop ruining threads about Australia by copy/pasting one of your many lame jokes about America. My swipe about saving your asses was on topic, dude.

As soon as I saw the kangaroo punching video, I laughed, then sighed as I realized of course it was going to get criticisms from the animal people. First off, the kangaroo was fine. Secondly, kangaroos are basically just bouncy deer so what's the big deal. Thirdly, anyone who tries to choke your dog deserves a right hook.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He wasn't trying to choke.

Kangaroos would actually see dogs as predators - dingos literally taking their babies - and run.

It's more likely this dog surprised the roo, it did the headlock and was like "crikey*, what do I do next?"

(* even the animals say this)

The guy's punch was terrible, but the roo has clearly gone "well then. OK. OK. That's fine. Ok. Well. Stuff this" and left. Which is lucky, and probably due to the dog putting it off guard and a bit scared. If the roo had instead decided for a fight that guy would get the **** beaten out of him.

Frankly that's a better outcome than we got.

Sorry to offend your sense of nationalism and war profiteering sj. On this occasion you're right it's not important to think how many people died 1939 - Dec 6 1941 because it's Dec 7 1941 onwards that actually matters.

17. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

God knows why you responded seriously to Ender here, but do you actually think that the point that the Americans waited too long to get into the war is invalidated by 'well we saved you in the end'?

Ender Sai likes this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I know right? It's like "I'm not serious, but here's a serious response."

anakinfansince1983, Philosopher is from Queensland which is basically all your redneck states rolled in one tropical racist state. He's probably got a few different kangaroos to ride to work, i.e. for wet weather (tropical/equatorial storms), for when there's a tough boxing match at lunch, etc.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Now, when this kangaroo riding occurs, is it via pouch or is it more of a custom saddle situation?

Ender Sai likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Saddle.

The pouch is for joeys, you monster.

EDIT: though speaking of monsters, I do have a kangaroo leather saddle. What? Don't judge me. They don't know what the material is.

Ramza likes this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's precisely because the kangaroo can kick you hard and mess you up that a quick, stunning jab seemed like a good idea to help escape.

LOL. Says the guy who got his panties in a twist when I made a joke about Australia's inability to defend itself.

Dude I studied WWII in college. As in went to Europe and studied it. Also, I had a British education in high school. I've found that I know more about the allied efforts and battles prior to American intervention than most British or French people my age. I am the furthest thing from American-centric that an American can be.

But if Ender can make a joke about the US effort, I really can't make a joke about the Aussies? It seems he's being awfully selective as to what people are allowed to make jokes about (essentially, we should stick to 101 Knock Knock jokes about America, but egads how dare you make a joke about Australia! In the joking about Australia thread, no less).

23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    isn't the pouch like a uterus? it would be weird to go in there.

Ender Sai likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well it is, Zapdos, yes. But they also have fully grown joeys in there. You also use it to store things like spare change for toll roads, Navman GPS units, tissues, travel sweets, and for older people, street directories.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    How do Joeys breathe in there? This is what I've always wondered. Half the time just their legs are sticking out.