main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Everyone...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BobaFett77, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett77

BobaFett77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2005
    Hey there everyone, my name is Greg and I'm new to the Council scene, but I know that I will have a wonderful time sharing ideas and opinions on here, because like all of you, I love my Star Wars(my wife is still getting used to being married to a Star Wars Geek).:-B

So, you want to know a little about me. I'm a third year Freshman at a local Art College, whereI'm studying to becaome a Graphic Illustrator, an right now I'm working on finishing up some submission samples for Dark Horse Comics and guess what, they're all Star Wars related. I mean come on, I love this stuff so much that it borders on obsession. Healthy, but still an obsession.

I mean come on, I've been told that as an artist it's always best to share that which you love to create an in my opinion, if I can help spark an intrest in some young boy or girl what I feel in love with in the early 80's then I know that I have done my part for the Star Wars Universe.

I also have a Three(going on Four)Month Old Son, who I have begun molding in to a Star Wars fan. Right now, he just likes the loud bangs, wizzing speeders/Star Ships, and the pretty Lightsabers but it's a start.

Well, I feel I've talked everyone's ear off right now, but if you think I've missed something don't be afraid to ask me. I'm an open book and always open to answering questions.

Have a great night all, and I hope to talk you all of you in the future.

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Too bad your wife isn?t a Star Wars geek, that would be like the ultimate marriage. You could say something like: ?No, I am your husband!? Then she could scream: ?NOOOOOOooooooo!!!?

You?ll really enjoy yourself here if you put some time into it, some people just come here, post a couple things, then leave. Don?t leave, we need as much fresh blood as we can get. Heck, you don?t even need to talk about Star Wars to enjoy yourself, there?s a couple forums for non-Star Wars topics and those are enough to keep interest high.

Feel free to hang around Welcome New Users all you feel like, there?s a lot of helpful links that can really help you get onto your feet, and everyone here is very happy to help you, or ask any questions you may have. Enjoy your stay!

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Hello there!

Welcome to the forums here at TheForce.net. You will find that everyone here at the Welcome New Users forum is very nice and helpful. My advice to you is to lurk a little bit before you post so you get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions, ask them in the Official Newbie Questions thread and you will see a lot of helpful links there that will help you out on the boards.

Once again, welcome and have fun! :)

4. MajorAirForce14

MajorAirForce14 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Hello, BobaFett. Some very cool things, espically the comics... I hope we get to see some of them. :)

Don't worry we're all obsessed here too.

Welcome again, and enjoy the place.

~MAF14~

5. jedivik

jedivik Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Welcome BobaFett77. You've definetely come to the right place if you're really into Star Wars. Anyway it's great to have you.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's a nice introduction. :)

Welcome to the boards, BobaFett77 ! :)

As Daniel said, it would be great if you like to stay at WNU for a while. :) But there are also wonderful places outside of WNU, so don't hesitate to discover them. :)

Enjoy your stay and see your around. :)

7. LeiaO

LeiaO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Hello BobaFett77 and welcome to the boards [:D] :D

I liked your introduction too :D

You're funny J_D [face_laugh]

It's good to have you here with us, hope to see you around soon!

Have fun :D

8. kfel33

kfel33 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hi BobFett77, hope to see some of your art work. There's a Fan Art here wonderful artist in this.

I have a 5 yr old and he quotes Anakin very well, he's starting to kick my butt in our saber fights and he always says 'this is the end for you my Master' just before he chases me around the yard. The fun has only begun.
    Nice to meet you and hope to see you around with us Star Wars geeks:D

9. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    welcome to the boards!

Perhaps you would like to join me and The Golden Eagles Fleet?

[EDITED]

It is very fun, there are 3 different squadrons, and each squad has a leader. I am the leader of the Black Bird Squadron! It is a really cool site!! please join us,
    Its FREE!:D

Daniel edit: Please don't advertise off site groups in posts. You can put it in your bio and/or sig. You may also perhaps post it in Fan Sites. Thanks.

10. BobaFett77

BobaFett77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2005
    Thank you all, this has got to be the warmest welcome I have ever gotten on a Message board before, and with that, I know that I will have a wonderful time and make some wonderful friends here as well.

Thank you all.

11. Master_Rory-tiin

Master_Rory-tiin Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    If there are Jedi Masters on this board I need one I just made my 32ned post. Now then Welcome BobaFett costumes and rops sometime.Master_Rory-tiin

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome BobaFett77.

13. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    3 things. Welcome, welcome and WELCOME! :D :D

~Kilo [face_flag]

14. Sango71104

Sango71104 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Welcome to the JC! :D
    If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
    ~Sango~

15. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Welcome BobaFett77! Very funny intro

16. Rendernet

Rendernet Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello BobaFett77. I signed up 2 days ago and I STILL haven't left the WELCOME NEW USERS board. I like your intro. I'm a commercial designer, too. At least, until I find the money to hire a REAL artist. Then I can do what I really like: making contacts, making sales, making more work for myself. My products aren't Star Wars related like your cool projects. Gosh, they don't have anything to do with SF at all. Oh well, each to their own, I guess. Have fun on the boards. And remember to teach your rugrat about proper lightsabre maintenance.

17. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Hey, cool name!

I thought I was the only parent on these boards, so let me introduce myself to you now that I have found a kindred spirit. I loved SW as a child, despite my ultra-conservative mother's dissention. I had babies to take care of when TPM and AOTC came out, so I didn't see them in the theatres, but now that my kids are 5 and 3, I have returned to my true Geek nature, and my husband has never been so scared.

We sing the tunes all day, and the kids like to play the Music Game on the SW site. At meal time, the only way we get H to finish her food is to pretend the spoon is a Tie fighter chasing Princess Liea's ship. Works every time. For July 1st I got a whole community of children to join our SW entry for the children's parade. The costumes were awesome.

To all the Fans out there who don't have kids yet, it is so much more fun to love SW when you do.

18. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Hello there BobaFett, this is the place for you . Have a great time here .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.