main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by thebeanpole, Aug 11, 2013.

1. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Hey guys! Been a star wars fan for years, ever since I was 5 or 6 probably. Even before I saw my first star wars movie, I would read and reread all of the visual dictionaries that my local library had. Anyways, still a huge fan to this day. While I've had other interests and hobbies, my love for star wars has never faded. I've known about theforce.net for years, but finally decided to join. I'm very interested in anything related to the Republic and Imperial militaries, and also a big mandalorian fan. Excited to be a part of these forums!

Robimus and Admiral Volshe like this.
  2. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Welcome to the boards! [face_dancing]

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards!

I myself am a huge Empire fan, which includes their military. I also enjoy researching the various ships of the GFFA.
    Which ships would you say are your favourite?

There's a few stops I'd recommend. The Expanded Universe Community has a few clubs - such as the Imperial Remnant and the Mandalorian/Republic Commando fanclubs. The Star Wars Films board also has various discussions that you might find interesting.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, you can ask for help in this thread. We'll do our best to help you!

Good luck and enjoy!

Robimus likes this.
  4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Su'cuy,

Always great to see another Mandalorian fan around :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    thebeanpole: Failte Nua Duine. Glad to have you with us. Get active, have a brilliant time and, should you require any assistance, do not hesitate to @.tag one of us in here. This thread is your personal tech support area.

Also, Robimus is hired. We need a decent Mando translator on the payroll for when the GFFA immigrant types show up.

6. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013
    That's a tough one. One of my all-time favorite fighters is the A-Wing, love how it's so compact and also as an interceptor it's built for pure speed. Anyone who wanted to pilot one would have to be extra crazy. Also like the looks of the Tie-Defender, as well as the Tie-Interceptor. As far as the big ships go, one of my favorites is the Eclipse-class Star Destroyer, just love how menacing it is and the fact that it has a small superlaser onboard. I also like some of the more unique ships of the galaxy, such as Jaster's Legacy, such a cool looking ship. I could go on and on.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Awesome! :D

I love the style of the A-Wing as well, though due to it's role in ROTJ (and me being a Piett fan) I sometimes give it the cold shoulder. :p
    The TIEs are iconic, the Interceptor is one of my favourites. I also like the Eta-2 Actis-class Starfighters. I love how they're a combination of the TIEs and the Aethersprite.

I like the different style that the Eclipse-class brings. My favourite of the capital ships is the Executor-class, however.

My favourite set of ships has to be Padmé's, the J-type Diplomatic Barge is so sleek and well-designed.
    I do like Jaster's Legacy... it's very creatively designed, and reminds me of the RL military cargo airplanes.
    In that same vein I love the Slave I as well. :)

8. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013

Ah yes, I forgot about the Actis-class, awesome fighter. No matter how much people might criticize the prequels, the opening battle with the Starfighters above Coruscant in Episode III was breathtaking.

And yes, I suppose A-Wing's aren't very popular among Piett fans :)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  9. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, thebeanpole!

Sounds like you're going to fit right in here, glad to have you with us, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

May the Force be with you...

[​IMG]

thebeanpole likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Welcome to the "mad house", as many of us call this forums. :D

I hope you enjoy yourself here. And if you have any problem or question, feel free to say it/ask. :)

Iron_lord and thebeanpole like this.