main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hey folks

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by IAmYourGrandma, Dec 28, 2013.

1. IAmYourGrandma

IAmYourGrandma Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2013
    I'm not entirely sure how much traffic this community gets, but I'm happy to add a little more regardless. I was sitting around on my laptop and decided to find some likeminded people to talk to, so I hope I find that here.

2. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    I guess to find likeminded people you should tell a little about yourself. What is your favorite movie? Do you read the SW novels or comics? Do you play the video games. Do you do Cosplay, write fanfiction, RPG, or do fan art?

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome IAmYourGrandma! :)

This site is the biggest one about SW. Every other big site closed during the last years. But even this site got slower and we love to see more people joining - and it's getting faster again because of the new movies ahead. :D

Nevertheless, don't miss checking out your local FanForce. There you can meet like minded people from your area at the boards and in RL. Much fun! :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome IAmYourGrandma! :)

This site is the biggest one about SW. Every other big site closed during the last years. But even this site got slower and we love to see more people joining - and it's getting faster again because of the new movies ahead. :D

Nevertheless, don't miss checking out your local FanForce. There you can meet like minded people from your area at the boards and in RL. Much fun! :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. IAmYourGrandma

Dec 28, 2013
    Well sure, I couldn't give you an exact favorite, but I'd say a few of them would be the LotR Trilogy, the original and prequel SW trilogies, Van Helsing (2004) and X-Men Origins Wolverine, as well as it's recent sequel. I've read the novels, and I don't read Mangas or graphic novels because I feel like I'd be wasting my money on something that takes me a half an hour to read through. I've played all of them and own the majority of them, aside from the newest Force Unleashed. I don't cosplay because it's expensive and I live in the middle of nowhere, so it would be pretty pointless. I used to write Fan-Fictions, but unrelated to SW. I've since lost all of my writing motivation and my inspiration goes elsewhere. If you mean online text-based Roleplaying, again I used to for years but for another fandom. I don't anymore. And I suck at drawing.

6. IAmYourGrandma

Dec 28, 2013
    That's good to know, I'm sorry that they've all been closing though. I suppose it happens to them all at one point or another.

It sounds great, thanks so much for the warm welcome. :)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, it's sad, but I guess that's 'digital life'. Let us hope that this one stays for some more years - until all SW movies have been done, watched, re-watched and probably revised. *thinks about the many versions of the original three movies* ;) :p

Btw, if you like to quote more than one person, just hit reply of those posts you need. They will all be added to one post. Then you can add your text. This way you avoid double posts, which are frowned uppon regularly. And since we are using a new board system, you have also the option of 'tagging' a member (like Skiara). This way, you inform the user (s/he gets a notice of being tagged) without quoting the whole post, which is often not necessary - especially if the post in question is on the same page as your new one. :)

8. IAmYourGrandma

Dec 28, 2013
    Yep, seems about right. I hope they don't remake them all however, I'm scared that they'll do a really bad job.

Ah, I apologize for that, it was pretty late so I didn't bother to try. Normally I do if there's more than two to reply to, so I'll keep that in mind. :3

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's perfectly fine. :)

Yeah, I'm not sure, what I shall think about 'work overs' as well. Not to mention remakes. I think that wouldn't work with SW...

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards grams :)

any questions please feel free to ask.