Hey from nashua

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by flightmech73, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi all. I just wanted to introduce my self. I am in Nashua. Been a star wars fan forever. In 05 I made a Jedi costume And dressed up the whole fam in star wars costumes for Halloween. I also made 2 saber hilts. one for me and a half size for my son. I,m also working on a slave Leia Bikini for my wife. (it needs some help) I've been wanting to look around for anything going on around this area and haven't found any till now. Ive been reading the boards and it looks like I've missed some fun things. I guess i just spent so much time on my costume I wanna play dress up.:D I'm also interested in stormtrooper costumes too. Id like to get involved with some of the happenings around the area if possible too. Of cource that family life can meke it a bit hard at times.[face_tired]

thanx
    Andy
  2. Darth_Brutalus Jedi Knight

Andy,

Welcome! I'm Dan. I'm new as well, and I'm from Merrimack. That's cool that you're including the family in your fandom, I'm lucky enough to also have a wife that's interested in SW. We went to C3 together, and put a SW movie on at night as we're going to bed.

My AIM name is IronMaidenBDP if you ever want to chat with a fellow noob!
  3. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Dan glad to hear from ya.I set up aim and put ya in there. Hope to chat with ya soon.
  4. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the boards Andy! I'm John and it's great to have you here. We'll be posting something soon for our August meet so we hope to see you there!
  5. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    well to the boards Andy. glad to see more people joining the ranks up in NH. I am from your neighbor to the south MA. These guys up here in NH are a great group and I hope to meet up with them at some point.

J
  6. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    WELCOME ANDY !!

Sorry everyone, Iv'e been off line for a couple day's now. lol So I'm just catching up. So...

Again.... ANDY welcome to the NH Mandalorians! We are more than glad to have you. We ALL WAYS like new people up on here. You are more than welcome to jump in on any topic. Heck start your own. Your are more than welcome to talk about anything you wish.

Star Wars - Sports - Movies - Food - Anything !

We just ask that you keep it clean. No know family like. I'm sure you'll have NO problem with that seeing at you have a family yourself. But being the BIG CHEESE here (CR) thay like me to tell that to evey new person. So now we've finished all that let the fun begin.

You will soon find some new posting about our Aug. meeting. Times and dates are still be voted on. We get together once a month. Our next big show coming up is going to be the SuperMegaFest it's in late fall right before Thanksgiving. It is the biggest show of the year for boston.

As far as the costumes go.... I'm your man !! I have mult. suits myself from Jedi's to Rodians and a TK . I'm a member of the NEG 501st. Which I'm sure I'll be talking to you more about. So for now enjoy jumping around the broads. Please let me know if a can help you with anything of answer any ??? you may have.

SeeYa,
    TK

Ps > Let us know a little more about yourself. Like ... do you have any Star Wars specialty? We have someone that is into all the books. We have a collector, a model builder, a gamer, and than some of us that do a little of everything.
  7. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess my biggest question at this point is what to expect at the meeting. Do I bring the whole fam? Do I need to bring anything?
    Oh and clearance sale? No fair I just spent all my money on an alternator. My collection is real slim. I have my jedi costume which I made with completely the wrong material. The 2 sabers I made for my son and I and a master replicas vadar force fx saber. Oh and a couple figures.
    Ive always been a fan of star wars but i think when my son really got into it and we did the costumes for Halloween it just planted itself in my head. I'm into building models. Sadly Ive just got my snow speeder but I plan to build other things. (wifey loves the AT-AT) but I love building props. I really want to do more sabers. And I have a bunch of pvc and thinking about trying a blaster. On a side note I always wanted to put on the armor. Ever since I first saw pictures of the 501st I thought thats gata be cool. Of course at 5'4" I would hear a very famous line. "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper"
    Well i hope my ramblings gave ya a bit more insight of who I am.

Hope to C ya all soon.
  8. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hello,

Let's see, what well you get out of one of our meetings.........HUUuuuummmmmmmmmmmm..??????

Well first off most of the time we have meeting for just the guy's/girl. Us adults. lol We do have family meeting as well from time to time. A matter a fact the July meeting was a family meeting and cookout. Most everyone in the group had kids so we do thing with them all the time. But for the most part it our once a month exscape. lol It's our time to just kinda be kids agian for a couple hours. lol So let's see... what do we do ?????

I guess a little of EVERYTHING! We talk Star wars for one. DUH! We plan group outings. We go on toy runs. Those are sometime the funnest. We all just pill in a car and go to EVERY store you can name and some you can not and find toys! We have meeting were we work on moldels and work on the mouse droid. We have had book reviews in the past. We play Star Wars games on the big screen.

We have made paper ships, had a meeting to build light sabers. Just about anything Star Wars. We show off picture from any cons we may have been to like C1,C2,C3,C4 the Rose bowl parade. You name it !! We can do it. I remember one time we had a coloring contest. Yes, YES we did.

Oh and one more thing.... WE EAT!! Sometime the person hosting it cooks. Sometimes it take out. But we all way have something to eat. So there you have it. We do try to start out the meetings out right. We cover old news & new news. We take care or any outstand business. We are pretty good at that stuff first than after it all Star Wars.

So I do hope this helps you out a little more. As far as building light saber you mentioned we can help there as well. I know a couple of use have made some in the past. I've made them from paper rolls to toilet parts. lol We could ever make that one of the things we do at an up coming meeting. Good idea!

Ok then till next time ........... :)

SeeYa,
    TK

9. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cool. I'm gana ask my mommy if she can watch the lil frieks so my wife and I can go. But ill need an address so I can map quest the directions. My email is in my profile.

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I checked out your costumes, very cool! Just wondering what kind of material that you used for your Jedi costume?
  11. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was some kind of denim. Its kinda thick. dosnt flow overly well. But it works. It was fairly cheep at joanns fabricks. The Pants I got from an online japanise store on ebay. paid like 5 bucks. The boots where at the salvation army thrift shop. and of cource the light sabers were from Home Depot!
  12. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I think you did a great job on the sabers. They look really nice. If you make it to the meeting you'll have to bring them along and show everyone. Nice work.

SeeYa,
    TK

Oh ya, my address for map quest is ...

418 Tri City Rd.
    Somersworth NH 03878

From Nashua you are looking at about 1 1/2 hour. You can also meet up with any one coming from Manchester and car pool. We have a lot of people do stuff like that all the time.

I have NO problem posting my info up in here. Most everyone all ready knows where I live. lol Here's my number as well. Please feel free to call anytime... when I awake. lol When we meet I'll give you my card with all the club info on it.

603-866-6466
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.