main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

hey Go-Mer-Tonic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by latverian33, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latverian33

latverian33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2008
    Vortigern Edit: I already locked your previous thread and re-directed you to the pre-existing thread dealing with this topic. I also PMd you and asked you kindly to check the first page for similar threads before posting your own. I'm copying and pasting your post, below, into the Balanced Discussion of the CT/PT thread, but this is the LAST TIME I'm doing this. From now on I'll simply lock your redundant threads without the courtesy of redirection.

I never got a chance to respond to your response to my reasons for disliking the prequels.

It seems no matter what forum you go to if you say anything negative about the prequels you get banned or the topic is closed.

Why do mods feel the need to baby sit the members? A good debate over likes and dislikes is healthy so long as it is done in a respectful way.

I will try now to rebuttle some of your answers to my concernes.

I will first post your answers so that fellow readers won't be left in the dark.

""hope the itemized approach is okay for this...

Luke asked Leia this in return of the Jedi "Do you remember your mother YOUR REAL MOTHER?" She answered "Yes, just imaged really SHE DIED WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG she was very pretty but sad" Died when she was very young? she died right after birth. How does she remember her at all? Not to mention saying she died when she was very young now makes no sense.

Right after birth -is- very young. You don't get much younger than that. And she only remembers "images really" that "she was very beautiful but sad". That could be true of Amidala as Leia was born as she had just had her throat crushed literally and her heart crushed figuratively. Even if that seem pretty odd for Leia to be able to recall images from her own birth (thank god I can't ), one could assume that she saw images of her through the Force, being that she is Anakin's offspring and has a considerable Midichlorian count. I can see why some people feel that this doesn't quite match up, but technically it isn't an outright contradiction. (SORRY BUT CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY REACH ANY FURTHER TO TRY AND MAKE THIS MAKE SENSE? TO SAY BEING 5 SECONDS OLD IS WHAT SHE MEANT WHEN SHE SAID SHE WAS VERY YOUNG WHEN HER MOM DIED IS COMPLETE NON-SENSE. IT IS CLEAR WHEN WATCHING THIS SCENE BETWEEN LEIA AND LUKE THAT SHE SPENT SOME TIME WITH HER ACTUAL MOTHER BEFORE SHE DIED. TO HAVE TO COME UP WITH SOME NONSENSE THAT SHE HAD FORCE IMAGES AT 5 SECONDS OLD IS COMPLETE NONSENSE ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING LUKE TURNS RIGHT AROUND AND SAYS HE HAS NO MEMORY OF HIS REAL MOM BUT YET SHE DOES CLEARLY AND ONCE AGAIN TELLS US THAT SHE SPENT SOME TIME WITH HER)

Obi-wan telling Luke. "That's what your uncle told you. He didn't agree with your fathers ideas and thought he should have stayed home and not gotten involved" Stayed home? Not gotten involved? What's obi-wan talking about? Owen knew Anakin for a day.

And after Obi-Wan showed up with Luke, there was plenty of time for them to talk about Anakin and what happened and for Owen to form an opinion about it. (AGAIN ANOTHER FAR FETECHED FAN IDEA. THAT'S THE TOTAL REASON WHY THIS ALL MAKES NO SENSE. WE MUST COME UP WITH OUR OWN REASONS IN OUR HEAD WHY THINGS SAID IN THE OT MAKES SENSE. WE HAVE NO PROOF THAT ANAKIN AND OWEN HUNG OUT. IT'S RIDICULES THAT WE EVEN HAVE TO TRY AND COME UP WITH THESE CONCLUSIONS)

Then obi wan tells Luke "your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old obi-wan on some damn fool idealistic crusade like your father did? What idealistic crusade? and again Owen and Anakin didn't even know each other.

Again, he knew Obi-Wan pretty well after Luke came into his care, and they obviously spoke about Anakin's past, and Owen obviously had his opinions about that. The Jedi were there to be the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic. That is an idealistic crusade, which Anakin gladly took part in before he turned to t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.