main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Guys, LONG time, no post. Really need some 3D help.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediHodge, May 23, 2014.

1. JediHodge

JediHodge Jedi Knight

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey all-

Been a LONG time since I've really posted here. Checking my messages, looks like it may have been at least 2008 O.O

To the point, I'm back again and with another Ghostbusters related project. It's the first episode in what's to potentially be a web series, based on crowd response as well as to be entered in the Wizard World film fest when it comes through Richmond, VA. We're well in to production now and with a few stars behind us to help light the way and lend a helping hand. First, Robin Shelby who played Slimer in Ghostbusters 2 and is a big influence on the fan community is doing some voice work for us, also Ghostbusters comic book cover artist Tristan Jones has given us some fantastic concept art, and lastly we've got a bit of music provided to the first episode courtesy of nerd hip hop artist mc chris!

With about 95% of the film shot and all of our effects artists hard at work, we've hit only one real snag, which brings me here today.

After weeks of searching I really don't know where else to look, but seems we don't have an animator for our ghosts. We've got a FANTASTIC modeler, with images provided below, but the person we had to animate had just dropped out do to other obligations, which is completely understandable. So what we're looking for is someone to potentially actually rig and animate our ghosts, based on footage provided and just render them, add lighting and things like that. The models were done in zbrush if that bit of detail helps at all.

Also, this project is dedicated to just a few people that I find would be very important. First, Harold Ramis for more than obvious reasons. Without him I personally may not be in to film making let alone be doing this particular project. Also, Micheal Gross, the creator of the Ghostbusters logo, production designer for SEVERAL of your favorite 80's classics and producer of many many other films has been dignosed with terminal caner this year. He doesn't have very long, and again some of my artistic roots land with his work. So this little project is for them.

No compensation unfortunatley, as this is a fan project and well, we're running on the budget of fans. haha But we also do it for the fun, love and dedication to the kind creative souls we're loosing all too many of here recently. So if anyone is interested at all in potentially lending a hand it would be ALL to appreciated. You can find some of our work here:
    www.whitetigerfilmz.webs.com

There's a link to all of our media outlets from that site. Also, as promised, below are some shots of our modeled ghosts. One is a w.i.p.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps: If this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it.

2. Thunderstruck2012

Thunderstruck2012 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2011
    Well, am not really a Qualified Candidate. but, have you tried some of these forums....

SciFi Meshes,Foundation3d,C4d Cafe to name a few

Will find many persons of CG aptitudes and some even looking for work.