main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey! I'm not dead. . . ^-^

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Hiya, haven't visited in a while. Have been sort of busy for a few months, sorry. So I assume just about everyone went out and picked up the OT on DVD Tuesday? I got mine Monday night as well as the three collector's edition action figure sets. Heh. Anyway, has anyone else found the blooper reel? If not, I'm going to tell you how! :D

To unlock the blooper reel, put in the Bonus Disc, go to the Video Games and Still Galleries, push 10+1, wait for a pause and a box next to Artoo should highlight, now press 3, wait for the pause, then 8. The bloopers should start immeadiately after this. :D There's a previously unseen Boba Fett scene that some might find satisfying.

That aside, how did you all like the DVD versions? I didn't like some changes, but others were alright. I'd go into detail, but I didn't want to make this post TOO long. . . ^-^

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Welcome back!

I haven't bought them yet (birthday too close and I got Battlefront instead).

So are they really as good as everyone's saying?

What all is on the blooper real? Is it bloopers from all the movies or just what we've seen on the other DVDs?

3. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks! :D

Battlefront looks awesome but I don't own an XBox and my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle it, so unless someone I know buys it, I won't get to play. :/ The blooper reel is from all three movies, but there are a couple bloopers not included that are on the characters featurette and the lightsaber featurette. Speaking of games, there is a making of preview type thing on the Episode III game that was pretty neat. All the little documentaries are pretty spiffy. All I have left to watch now is the commentaries.

I didn't have too much of a problem with the movies. They're much brighter, crisper and cleaner and that's really nice. Greedo still shoots first but Han's dodge is a little less wonky...Jabba is improved a bit in ANH. The English on the Death Star's panels has been changed to Aurebesh. Luke no longer screams in ESB (I hated that added bit into the SE anyway), Boba Fett sounds ridiculous now which made me sad. Vader's conversation with the Emperor is a bit different, but not drastically so. There's a HUGE stupid debate about that over on the ROTS spoiler forum. The lightsabers and blast shots are all cleaned up and that's really cool. Anakin's ghostie is now younger Anakin and looks a bit odd, Naboo is in the celebration sequence now and faint Gungan voice can be heard yelling "Wesa free."

I think that's all the major stuff. I think I'd rate them an A- because of certain minor annoyances. :)

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey! Welcome back! :)

Unfortunately, I have not yet bought the set either. I like to say that I'm holding out until Christmas, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Are you coming to the meeting this Saturday?

5. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I want to, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. I have a friend coming in that night from Ft. Lauderdale around 11:45pm in New Smyrna and I have to go pick her up. I just can't seem to make these! What time is the meetung? I looked but I forgot. I might be able to come for the beginning at least. :)

6. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well the meeting is from 10am to 9pm, so you could just drop by for a little bit :)

7. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, it's pretty much an all day event. It would be no problem for you to skip out early. We'd love to have you, even for a little while. :)

8. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'll certainly make the effort! :D Before, I also thought I might have to work Saturday, but I don't think I am. My manager hasn't been good about making schedules for the past two weeks, and that's been really annoying. With this stupid hurricane, though. . . Hopefully it will deviate from its course and not hit us here, but if it does, we might be evacuating tomorrow sometime. Oi. So tired of the weather. . . -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.