main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey, Is There A Doctor In The House? (Canon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth_Fruitcake, May 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    This is something I've been meaning to write for a long time. This is one of my original characters I thought up in one of my other fics, and I thought it'd be neat to learn her origins.
    I grew up on Coruscant, the most beautiful planet in the universe, or so I thought. Even in the under levels I was comfortable. Amazing how a child from a poor, grungy family will grow up to be one of the best doctors on Coruscant, much less Vader's trusted physician, and yet, here I am. Not to mention the pay is excellent.
    I suppose my first adventure in medicine happened when I was nine years old. My two best friends, a Rodian named Gaffin and a fellow human named Fonda, were exploring the under levels. Many dangers inhabited them, but we were either robbed or beat up (or even both) on a day-to-day basis, so we weren't worried. Mom and Dad were always drunk. I used any, and I mean any, excuse to get out of the house...

"Lisa! Hey, Lisa! Come on, we found a wrecked speeder back here!"

Dropping the ancient medical tool I was examining, I jogged over in the pitch darkness to where Fonda was indicating. She was the only one out of all three of us rich enough to own a glowlamp, thus, it was our only source of light. Fonda certainly wasn't wealthy, but she had a considerable amount of money compared to me and Gaffin.

"Where?" I said, glancing anxiously. "Where's this wrecked speeder?"

"There," she said, pointing. I glanced down. There it was, about thirty feet below where we were standing, hanging over a ledge.
    Then we heard it. Softly, but enough for us to hear it. A shout.

"Help!" someone was calling.

"Can you hear it?" Gaffin said, eyes wide. "Someone is down there! Lisa and Fonda, we must do something!"

His prim, proper tone was normal. Despite the circumstances, his parents took the time to actually teach him basic though he sounded like a protocol droid.

"Hey," Fonda said. "I have some rope that I packed for today. You can tie it around your waist, Lisa, and go down and help. Gaff, stay here and help me pull them up."

Within moments, I was being lowered thirty feet. I wasn't scared. Misadventures were our specialty.

"Hiya!" I said, peering into the Port side of the speeder. "I'm Lisa. I'll be your doctor today."

"No one likes a smart a**, kid," the man said. "The name's Jake."

"How long do you think you've been down here?" I asked, untying the rope from my waist. "What's the extent of your injuries?"

"How old are you, kid? You sound like a doctor."

"Thanks." I beamed. "I'm nine. Answer the questions."

"Oh, a week or so. My left arm is broken, some minor cuts, and a couple of ribs cracked. Luckily, there were no other passengers. I got off lucky."

Being careful of his injuries, I had the rope tied around his waist within about 2 minutes, and then another 5 minutes to pull us both up. He clung to me like a bear, which was surprising considering he hadn't eaten in some time and looked weak.

When we reached the top, I asked, "Hey, do we have any pieces of wood or smooth metal that we can make a splint with? This is Jake," I added to answer Fonda's unspoken question.

"Yes, here is a piece of smooth metal, friend Lisa," Gaffin said, handing me the object. "Oh, do be careful..."

"I will." I tied the metal to Jake's arm and made sure that he couldn't move it up or down. Once I was done, I said, "Hey, how the heck are we gonna get him up to the surface?"

"We can drag him!" Fonda said. "On this piece of cardboard."

"Good idea."

We dragged him to the nearest hospital. Jake said on the holoproj later that "I can't believe I was rescued by a bunch of nine year olds. I'd like to thank that one kid, Lisa. She made the best doc I ever had."

I will never forget Jake. He's alive today. When I'm not working on Lord Vader, I'm his regular physician. One of his first things he ever said to me, "You sound like a doctor.", was the finest compliment I ever got.

Should I continue?

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    yes, do contiue.

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Looks good to me :D

4. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
  5. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  6. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    My dad was hardly ever home. When he was, he was drunk or fighting with my mother. One time, he even hit her.
    But no matter what, he always loved me. He never touched me, never hurt me, always comforted me in the best way he knew how: by letting me go out and do what I wanted. His life was wasted, 'but there's always hope for you, sweetie'....that's what he always said.
    When I was sixteen, he came home on one of his drunk days. Mom was washing dishes, while I sat at the table doing homework. He barged in the doorway, ran over, picked me up, and swung me around 5 times.

"You'll make someone a fine wife, one day," he said, his face alight with laughter. "No man should go to bed alone!"

I laughed with him. Occurences like this happened often, and while others might think it was strange, it was normal to us.
    Then Dad left again. I didn't know where he went or why, but my mother was extremely upset. I never saw him again.

"No matter," my mother said once she'd recovered. "We can live without him. We've always managed to do so, right?"

I nodded, not knowing what to say. I knew he had left us, on our own.
    After that, I had to help Mom with the weekly expenses. I got an after-school job driving tranports across the Northwest side of Coruscant, and Mom got a job in a bar. She worked as a stripper. After my job was done, I would go there and hang out until she was done. I never watched, though. Mom told me to never watch. She said she never wanted me to end up in that sort of situation. There was simply no other way to make money.
    While I missed my father tremendously, I found other ways to occupy my time. I got addicted to Spice. That didn't last long, though. Nothing ever did, except my passion.

I wanted to learn everything there was on medical. Not just physical medicine, but psycology as well.
    I found medicine fascinating. Mom told me I should go for it....she was always saying to shoot for my dreams.
    "Even if you miss," she'd always add, "you'll land among the stars."
    I wanted to please her so bad. She said the only way to please her was to let her know that I was happy.
    One day, when I was preparing for a huge test in school, Mom came home with a man. He was very handsome...
    And far too young for her.
    That night, I fell asleep listening to the sound of their passions. I was used to it; Mom and Dad made those same noises when I was younger...but the fact that Mom was doing it with someone else felt so...WRONG.

_If she can do it,_ I decided one day, _then so can I..._

7. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    "Even if you miss," she'd always add, "you'll land among the stars."

That is such an awesome line, it's so sweet. Please post more!

8. Tonin

Tonin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    it soooo sweet!!! you've gotta post more!!!!

9. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    hmmmmm what should i say.....? I got it how about:

More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More
    More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More More

need i say more???? :p

10. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    Might I make a request:

More?

11. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    well i'm going to up this one more time before i leave. I'll be back on saturday if anyone cares... bye *waves* more would be nice, too.

12. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Hey peeps, sorry I wasn't on this week (summer camp....YES!!!) I'll post tomorrow or Sunday. Don't worry, I have plenty of free time. (Thank the good Lord for summer break...)

13. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    I'm back!!! and i'll wait some more!!! :)

14. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!!

POST!!!!!POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!!

POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!!

POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! POST!!!!! [/colo

15. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    hmmmm, i guess you didn't :( oh well!
    I shall return in ten days to annoy you for another post!!! Till then i'm going to be biking Ga.!!! wish me luck!!

16. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    no post :( ...

i'll wait...

17. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Oh fruitcakes (no i'm not refering to you Darth Fruicake, it's just my way of crussing) Still no post?!?!? :(

18. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
  19. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

20. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    hmmm i guess there isn't going to be another post :(

21. Jedi_Cilghal

Jedi_Cilghal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    Darth Fruitcake!! POST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    WE WANT A POOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

23. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    okay, maybe it's just me that wants a post....

24. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    can anyone guess, who want a post???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.