main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey, NEW FANFIC, NEW PASSAROUND SQUADRON RIGHT HERE, *PLease come and join*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Apprentice of life, May 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Darkheart

Darth Darkheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Hey, Sci, that sounds like a good idea... Our leader is MIA, and the New Republic has had the case closed, but we defy orders and go on a search for him... Just a thought...

Anyways... Insei, I know it sounds bad on my part, but I'm kind of partial to Zoran's 2nd-in-command status, and it goes along well with his character because he has a thing about protecting his comrades in battle... But I can see what you're saying... What if instead of shifting ranks, we can just have Insei be looked up to by some of the younger members of the squad... Where they see him as something of an idol for all of his experience, and look to him for tips and guidance? Sorry if it's not even close to what you wanted, I hope you understand, but what do you think? Oh, and you know Insei is a flight commander, right?

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    So, are we starting it here, or on a new thread?

3. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    *falls asleep due to the boredom and wakes up suddenly*

Hey, need a good enemy? I make a real good bounty hunter type character.

4. Darth Darkheart

Apr 10, 2000
    Good to know how entertaining this is, Talon Squad Leader...

Anyways... I think, if we're going to start the story, we should go with a new thread... I doubt anyone's going to wade through 4 pages of planning to read the actual story... So, who wants to make the thread?

5. Sci Michaels

Sci Michaels Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Darkheart:
    So, who wants to make the thread?

Well, you're the second-in-command, so why don't you start? (Though it hasn't been 24 hours yet since we started directly addressing TSLeader)

Oh, and forget the 'almost drummed out' part of my bio. I was trying to figure out why an A-winger would be in an X-Wing unit, but now that we're an experimental group, I don't need that.

6. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Well, FanFics can only be planned to a point...and after that it moves to a point of repetitiveness and boredom.

7. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    I'll make the new thread. I got plenty of time on my hands.

8. Darth Darkheart

Apr 10, 2000
    Talon Squad Leader; Just to make sure, I really wasn't trying to be mean... And I can certainly see where this thread has gotten repetitive...

Insei; All right, glad somebody will finally be starting it! Hopefully ThunderStrike Leader will show up somewhere along the line...

9. Darth Darkheart

Apr 10, 2000
    Sorry, double post...

**smacks himself in the head**

[This message has been edited by Darth Darkheart (edited 05-17-2000).]

10. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Do you guys know what I think is funny? Insei is, I mean, was, taking orders from a guy just a tiny bit more than half his age. That's kinda sad.

11. Sci Michaels

Sci Michaels Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2000
    Same situation exists with TSLeader. His character is 19. But your character did leave the military. I don't know if when you leave and come back in the real world if you keep your former rank, but maybe in your character's case in a fictional world, he had to start over.

12. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Hey Insei - thank you for starting the new thread. Can you please post the link here when it is up and going, so all the other "missing" squadmates can find us?
    thanks

13. Darth Darkheart

Apr 10, 2000
    Well... Since nobody seems to be taking the initiative... And TS Leader still isn't back, I decided to post the story thread before too many people abandon this project... All members, go to the link below to get started... Gotta jet...

Forum16/HTML/000818.html Forum16/HTML/000818.html

14. ThunderStrike Leader

ThunderStrike Leader Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2000
    Sorry i been gone so long, i had a little disagreeement with my phone company (2 fingers up to Eircom)
    -------------------------------
    Please forgiver me

15. Hellbore

Hellbore Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2000
    I've been busy learning the rotoscoping effects for lightsabers in Photoshop (thanks DarelRex for providing us all with a great tutorial) and have now got some impressive shots of some of my films characters. Unfortunately I have nowhere to share them. So can anyone tell me how I can get hold of some free web space and point me in the direction of something that will allow me to design web pages (programs and tutorials)

16. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    http://www.homestead.com http://www.homestead.com

Their server can't stream, but other than that it's pretty cool.
    -Lokmer

17. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    http://www.xoom.comwww.xoom.com

...is also pretty good. They've got unlimited webspace. The only thing that is a pain about it is the "Xoombar" advertising thing that goes across the top of the page, but you can easily get around that by hosting your actual HTML pages on other servers (like if you have AOL, doing it in your AOL space), and then just linking to files at Xoom, using it like a filing cabinet of sorts.

If you want to see the size of that Xoombar, I've got the SWT Homepage over on Xoom:
    http://members.xoom.com/nbprod/swtinfo.html http://members.xoom.com/nbprod/swtinfo.html

That should be standard Xoombar size.

18. Hellbore

Jun 3, 2000
    Thanks. Now all I have eo do is learn how to make a web page :)

19. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    There are plenty of tutorials online and books about it. Personally, I do all of mine by writing out the code myself, so I know what's all going into it. I learned from a book called "Sam's Teach Yourself HTML 4 in 24 Hours." It's a great book, and there should be a newer version out, too. If you're just starting out, it's hard to beat.

20. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    You can also use most Word Processors to get basic, WYSIWYG HTML pages (Word, StarOffice, WordPerfect, Etc.) additionally, you can do the same thing with Nestscape Composer (free). Just lay it out like you would a document with pictures.
    -Lokmer

21. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    bandwidth theft [BAND+with THEFT] [(noun.)] (orig. latin) :
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The only thing that is a pain about it is the "Xoombar" advertising thing that goes across the top of the page, but you can easily get around that by hosting your actual HTML pages on other servers (like if you have AOL, doing it in your AOL space), and then just linking to files at Xoom, using it like a filing cabinet of sorts.

I guess we're all guilty of that one.

Kurt Luther
    Affiliation Pending

[This message has been edited by MaxVeers (edited 06-19-2000).]

22. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Kurt . . . just shaddup.

And, no, you still can't lick me, you sick little monkey.

::ughs after closing the theater and hating every damn minute of it. the world needs self-cleaning theaters::

23. Hellbore

Jun 3, 2000
    Didn't know you could use Word to make a Web page. It'll probably look crap, but, hey, it'd be my fist attempt. Now all I have to do is get a page. How do I actually go about that, though?

24. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    geocities.com enables you to stream, but it's 4.95 a month, I believe, for the service.

25. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Try http://www.freenetname.co.ukwww.freenetname.co.uk - you can register your proper domain name free (I've forgotten how much disk space they give you, but don't expect more than say, 50MB...)

Also, there are many versions of free HTML packages from magazines, such as HotMetal pro 4. I originally used Claris home page for my site http://www.filmsrus.f9.co.ukwww.filmsrus.f9.co.uk , but admittedly had to augment the raw code with stuff that that simple package didn't support.

I don't want to put you off from Xoom and other similar ISPs, but many of the sites the people here have are plagued with server related problems, perhaps due to the amount of traffic they have...though perhaps that a gross generalisation. If it is, I apologise...

Saeed TTC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.