main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Newbies, what is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Bountyhunter-1, Aug 3, 2004.

?

Hey Newbies, what is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

3.4%
  2. Attack of the Clones

14.3%
  3. A New Hope

9.5%
  4. The Empire Strikes Back

36.1%
  5. Return of the Jedi

36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Agreed. ESB. Better lightsaber duel than ROTJ. Surprisingly better than Anakin vs Dooku in ATOC.

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    The Empire Strikes Back... though, I haven't had a chance to watch Return of the Jedi on DVD yet, and of course, there's also ROTS :)

3. Dark_Force_Rising241

Dark_Force_Rising241 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2004
    I had to pick ESB. To me it defines everything star wafs should be. It has the best soundtrack of them all, and even if it wasn't my for some odd reason my favorite. I would still say it was the best. This was the movie that had it all great music and great plot.
    It also had much needed character development. rotj could have been the best, and while that has the best lightsaber duel, it as awfully silly and lacked the dark grandeur feel of esb. none of the others can even compare. plus it had the imperial march

4. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    ANH. It is the original and the best.

5. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I woul have to say ESB, That is when Fett gets his man!! :D

6. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    ROTJ...

Best for last! Lucas knew where he was going on that movie!

7. Blow_Pop_Sucker

Blow_Pop_Sucker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2004
    Rotj.

I wear that gold bikini every chance I get. [face_blush]

8. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I had to vote ESB! How could I not? ;)

but here's how I rate them in all

V
    II
    VI
    I
    IV

i'm sure III will be my fave come May 19th! But the OT rules on high forever in my book.

9. Jara_Dax

Jara_Dax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2004
    Definitely The Empire Strikes Back.

10. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
  11. Darth_Threepio

Darth_Threepio Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2004
    Ok first, I detest the term "newbie". It has a condescending ring to it. Anyway, I give ROTJ top honors. I remember the audience in the theatre bursting into applause, whooping, and cheering Vader at the end. That part and Leia in the metal bikini were worth the whole movie.

12. nmsu_girlie

nmsu_girlie Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    i'd have to say ESB because i'm all about the cool imperial machienery. i love the at-at's and the at-st's. the empire always had the coolest equipment. i was always kinda creeped out by the cave scene on dagobah, but all in all still an excellent movie.

13. esbinky

esbinky Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2003
    Hello, I am new to the forum and would like to say that ESB is not only the finest SW film, but my personal favorite film ever (it also has the best soundtrack of all the SW films, particularly the Han-Leia theme). As a dramatic work that deepens its characters and their plight in a way that no other sequel has, ESB deserves its credit not only for its significant leap forward in FX from ANH, but for the moral ambiguities it portrays, esp. with what we know now of the prequels (even though I will agree that ROTJ is probably more poignant considering the full circle arc of Anakin's character). These films have been a defining part of my life since I first watched them over 20 years ago, and I have always been able to identify with Luke's journey more than any of the others. And since ESB is the one in which his growth/conflict is at the center of the film's plot, I felt that it has the most to say about the nature of he Force as well as portaying the brashness and impatience of youth (Luke), esp. when in contrast to the experience and nobility of wisdom (Yoda and Obi-Wan). Anyways, ESB is my fave film, and I don't know what kind of person I would have grown up to be be without the influence of SW in my life. I am very grateful to have experienced these films at an early age (8) and to have kept them with me throughout my life.

14. TiedDown_30_04

TiedDown_30_04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    This has got to be a fairly tough question for any Star Wars fan who saw the original theatrical release in 1977. The Empire Strikes Back is my current favorite with ROTJ a close 2nd. From what I've gathered, though, Ep. 3 is liable to be the proverbial Mother of them all. At least I'm hoping...

15. joda5010

joda5010 Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    duh! ep 6, it has all 3 battles at once, it dosent have any romance,and it is just the best!

16. HardcoreSWGeek

HardcoreSWGeek Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    I have to side with ESB as my fave, although this is subject to change about a year from now....

It took what ANH started off with, added to it (Lando, Yoda, Boba Fett, Han & Leia's relationship, Luke's Jedi training), and set things up really nicely for ROTJ (Was Vader lying when he told Luke he was his father? How did Leia "hear" Luke when he was under Cloud City? Would they get Han back from Jabba?). That and a pretty darn good saber duel between Luke and Vader to boot (still my fave of all the saber duels in the movies...Qui/Obi vs. Maul in TPM comes close, but not quite.).

I'm hoping beyond hope ROTS can take what was set forth in TPM and AOTC and wrap up the Prequels just as nicely.

17. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Well, if I were to judge them on, say, lightsaber duels, then it would have to be TPM. I mean, check out that dance between Ewan, Ray, and Liam--AWESOME!:cool:

But, since I like SW because of the story line, then it would have to be all of them. I know GL and company have probably heard the "contructive" criticism of EP1&2, but, I think he's keeping the WHOLE saga in view with every bit of filming. Obviously, he can't spill the beans in just one episode. By the time I-can't-wait-to-see-it-because-I've-already-had-dreams-about-the-plot-ROTS is released, I think the first two will make more sense. Even though this episode will be a "downer" (and I'm not a downer type person), it will just so mirror real life relating to the Great Controversy going on in the world and our hearts. As the Creator's children, we look forward to the fulfillment of our new hope...
    :)

18. DARTH_ALIEN

DARTH_ALIEN Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    For the combination of memorable script, above-par acting, stunning visuals, and kick*** battles, I would have to go with ESB. I'd have to say at the same time that all of OT and PT films have all these elements, only in varying proportions.

I guess it does come down to taste, after all ;)

19. The_destroyer

The_destroyer Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2004
    I think the best is ROTJ because Luke finally bocemes powerful enough to beat Vader and he became very cool. The 2. one is AOTC becauseof the war and the Dooku batlle scenes.

20. Videl

Videl Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    Hmm, well I'd have to say ESB although I am hoping RotS will prove to be just as good.

21. Princess_Slaya

Princess_Slaya Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2004
    ESB is definitely the best of them all!!!
    " which is your favorite Empire or Jedi?
    - Empire
    Blsphemy!
    - Empire had the better ending Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, Han gets frozen taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down ending. Thats what life is a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of muppets!"

By the way I do want you all to know that I do also love ROTJ I just really like that quote.

I do have a feeling though that ROTS will blow everyone's expectations.

22. dee_ko_mar

dee_ko_mar Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    I think ROTJ, but I agree with Coolhandluke, TPM had some great saber duels. Why did GL not want anymore from Mr. Park? He did a great job.

23. Melissa_Fel13

Melissa_Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    I voted for Return of the Jedi cause I think it had the most action and drama and romance and etc. And of course...who doesn't like those fluffy little Ewoks!! Lol.

24. CoolWizard

CoolWizard Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Agreed. Wait until ROTS and we may see a change in many people's perceptions.

25. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    But, since I like SW because of the story line, then it would have to be all of them. I know GL and company have probably heard the "contructive" criticism of EP1&2, but, I think he's keeping the WHOLE saga in view with every bit of filming. Obviously, he can't spill the beans in just one episode. By the time I-can't-wait-to-see-it-because-I've-already-had-dreams-about-the-plot-ROTS is released, I think the first two will make more sense. Even though this episode will be a "downer" (and I'm not a downer type person), it will just so mirror real life relating to the Great Controversy going on in the world and our hearts. As the Creator's children, we look forward to the fulfillment of our new hope...

[face_flag] [face_peace] [face_flag]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.