main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Newbies, what is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Bountyhunter-1, Aug 3, 2004.

?

Hey Newbies, what is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

3.4%
  2. Attack of the Clones

14.3%
  3. A New Hope

9.5%
  4. The Empire Strikes Back

36.1%
  5. Return of the Jedi

36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Overlady

Evil_Overlady Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    I could't choose.
    I voted for ROTJ since I cry every time I watch it. I know it sounds stupid - I promise I don't usually cry for movies (and when I do it's for weird reasons... for example I found The Silence of the Lambs incredibly moving...) but it's almost physical - I love this movie.
    If I were to be more objective, I'd say ESB obviously, because it's artistically brilliant. And we see a lot of Vader in there.
    Now I can't wait for ROTS, hoping that the emotional & artistic qualities of SW will reach their climax in the end.

2. CoolWizard

CoolWizard Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    The Phantom Menace. It gets such a bum rap.

3. Strange_Revenge

Strange_Revenge Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    (deleted)

Blaine edit:-That comment was highly inappropriate. Comments like that are not allowed on these boards.

4. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The Empire Strikes Back

5. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Oooh...very tough question. Very tough. If I could, it would be a four-way tie between all bar TPM(not quite as good in my opinion, but still awesome!)...I went with ESB, though...I love that movie. Vader killing officers...Battle of Hoth...Vader's revelation...just a great movie. But, I love all of them almost equally...:)

6. yodacurtis

yodacurtis Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    ESB is my all-time favorite, but I love them all! By the way, this is my first post, glad to be with all you fellow Star Wars fans! Episode III is going to be awesome if the trailer is any indication, but ESB will PROBABLY remain my favorite though..

7. Xizor_Prince

Xizor_Prince Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    I used to like ROTJ the most, but when i saw Empire Strikes Back on DVD, it was by far the best.. The best storyline, the most introduction of characters, and the infamous line, "I am your father"..The new 2 dont compare, and its the best out of the originals, hence why i said it was the best...I could change my mind once this new one comes out, it looks damn good..

8. obisangel1138

obisangel1138 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    My favorite is ESB. Then, AOTC or ANH. But, I think that ROTS will blow the rest away. :)

9. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Tough stuff... Basically, I had to rile out the PT because it just isn't as genuine... Then I scratch off New Hope b/c of the lack of saber fights... So I'm left with 5+6. I went with 6 because it had the huge saber fight but I'm now having second thoughts thinking about Yoda's debut... Oh Well...

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am not a newb, but I voted. For ROTJ

darth_nemisis

11. Ackbar_The_Great

Ackbar_The_Great Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2004
    It was a tough decision between ESB adn ROTJ,but I had to pick Return of the Jedi because I loved the battle of Endor so much. (gotta love that Ackbar, lol)

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    That's right! I forgot about Endor! I haven't seen the OT in such a long time... Now I'm about 80% sure I made the right choice.

13. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Definitely the one and only...A New Hope! The one that started it all! But of course, each of them are great in their own way, but ANH is by far my fave.

14. NerfHerder13

NerfHerder13 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2004
    The Empire Strikes Back definately rocks. Not only is it part of the original trilogy but you had enough information to know what was going on and really get into it and they ended it at a point where you were left in utter suspense. They are all great movies and its hard to pick just one. I think after the third comes out it might be the best (annikan turned bad) pending on the way its filmed.

15. Sexy2LeiaBuns

Sexy2LeiaBuns Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Return of the Jedi will always be my favorite. It's got a little bit of everything--good vs. evil buildup, tall hairy wookie, small hairy ewoks, space battles, Death Star, the Emperor, Darth Vader in his big death scene....just love it.

My favorite part will always be when Darth Vader finds out Leia is Luke's sister. I always love the voice, "Sisterrrrrr.....SO you have a twin sisterr."

Love it!

16. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    I enjoyed "Attack of the Clones." Something I don't understand, is that when it first came out and everyone raved on how great it was.

Now, since a little time has passed everyone condemns it. I don't understand.
    Many people, pan Hayden Christensen, but he had to follow GL's directions. I think he did a great job!

Who else could have been Anakin Skywalker?

Orlando Bloom?

DeCapio?

17. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I think it's interesting how AotC is ahead of ANH...
    I think I speak for most when I let out a big, "Huh?"

18. morning_glory

morning_glory Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    Like JediFantasy, I remember watching ROTJ when I was younger. In fact, Jedi was the only Star Wars movie we actually owned and I'd always have to rent the rest or catch them when they came on TV. Today, I like Jedi due to the fact that Luke is finally a true Jedi, that final battle on the Death Star, the overall suspense, and even (dare I say?) the Ewoks. The fact that I spent many nights as a youngster falling asleep to Jedi doesn't hurt either.

19. Chronicler

Chronicler Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2004
    The Empire Strikes Back moves in one fluid motion from open to close, thanks largely to John Williams. Everything in it is musical and has rhythem-from R2's chirps and whistles to the sounds of the Millennium Falcon. And for those of us who got to see the OT-not Special Edition-in the theatre it opened our imaginations to the Star Wars universe.

20. Darklighter24

Darklighter24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    ROTS will beat them all.

21. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    One can only hope GL does the final chapter of the PT justice...But I still stand by ANH...Come on someone's got to agree with me!

22. CptWedge

CptWedge Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    What did I vote for?? ESB. That's only because I had to choose one. It brings a little bit more to the table I think than the rest of OT. ANH and ROTJ are tied for second in my book. Also, it was still in some theaters for the original release when I was born. Any of you guys ever play with the action figures from 80-86? They were awesome!

23. robx2

robx2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2004
    Great shot, wedge! I agree that ESB was probably the high-point of the whole series. A complex story with a lot of questions about good and evil. The only thing that would have made it better was if they had shut off C3PO earlier after he got dismantled. His one-liners got a little old.

24. Obi-Spice-Kenobi

Obi-Spice-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Initially it had to be Return of the Jedi, for the end battle scene.

However I have a strong suspicion it will soon be Revenge of the Sith....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.