Hey Northeastern Wisconsin, anybody there?

Discussion in 'Green Bay, WI' started by Chosen_1, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chosen_1 Jedi Padawan

Hello,

I'm from Manitowoc and am usually in Green Bay, Appleton, Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, Sheboygan, or Milwaukee at least once a week. Anybody else from these areas still checking this forum anymore?

I want to talk Star Wars, dangit!
  2. fear_is_my_ally Jedi Padawan

Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm a Star Wars fan since 6. I am now 17 and am a huge collector/fan of memorabilia. I live in Shawano, not far from Green Bay. Its nice to see other fans like myself in my own neighborhood. We could always use more! Anyway, its nice to meet you and I hope we can talk more on this board. Now I know I'm not the only one in the state who likes the stuff....as I've been told so many times. They just don't understand......
  3. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hi. My parents live near Antigo. When I visit, I always keep my eyes open for SW toys, store or auctions and usually have good luck in that area.
  4. Chosen_1 Jedi Padawan

I'm getting depressed at how little new Star Wars stuff I'm finding at all of the stores. We seem to be 1 or 2 waves of action figures behind a lot of other places it seems.

I mostly collect the toys, but I grab up any other kind of SW memorabilia that I like.

Watched the new Making of Ep II video this morning, is this movie lookin' good or what?
  5. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    I'm here too! In less then a month I'll be moving to Green Bay for college. Right now I'm in Neenah.
  6. Chosen_1 Jedi Padawan

Hi Hathor, I had just about given up hope that anybody would post here anymore.

Where are you going to school, UWGB?
  7. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
  8. Chosen_1 Jedi Padawan

So, what are your STAR WARS interests? Toys, books, Ep II speculation, etc?

I'm pretty much into anything related to STAR WARS.
  9. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    I've read most of the books, except I haven't gotten to all them in the New Jedi Order series.

I also play many of the games, but I'm not a hardcore gammer. Mostly games like Rebellion, Jedi Knight, and Rogue Squadron.

I don't collect toys or memorabilia. Oh, and I'm spoiler free.

How about you?
  10. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Love the new signature, Tony. :)
  11. Chosen_1 Jedi Padawan

Hathor--I'm mostly into the toys, video games, and other memorabilia. And, no, I'm not "spoiler-free". I usually read all the spoilers I can, which for me is OK, since by the time the movie comes out, I usually have forgotton everything I read :)

tonyf--What are you mostly into? Find any B-Wings yet at Target up there? I pass through Wausau a couple times a year on my way up to Tomahawk.
  12. Jawa_on_Stilts Jedi Padawan

Hey, everybody. I'm from Appleton but at school in Oshkosh now. ummm...that's all I've got.
  13. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    yeah it's pretty dead here in the Green Bay forum huh? Sort of matches the city ;) But I live up here now so I can say that.
  14. Darth_KindaEvilGuy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't complain,

I'm from Wisconsin Rapids and have absolutely no recourse when it comes to SW stuff. SBS just came out yesterday (4 days late) and I still can't get Sea of Swords (Bob Salvatore, author of Episode II novelization). In any case, the Pack beat the Bucs today and we all should do the happy dance in response.
  15. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Some on peoples! there must be more of us out there!

btw, do the threads get automatically locked if they're over a certain age?
  16. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I believe it's six months. I'll be near Antigo for Thanksgiving.
  17. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems there are a few SW fans up there in the land of cheese.

I'm not making fun of you (too much) I am from that part of Hoth as well.

I probably won't go farther North than Milwaukee this holiday season, cuz I have zero vacation days left.

I was born in Appleton, went to High school in Menasha, I attended state music finals at UWGB in GreenBay, my relative's weekend place was in Shawano, my neighbor's relative's farm was up near Antigo, family friend's lived in Oshkosh, my best friend in College grew up in Rapids, went to college in Appleton, then I moved South as soon as possible! ;)

I still love cheese though. (shhhhhhh! and the Packers)
  18. Hathor Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Why'd you move? Is it too cold up here? :)
  19. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    Two words- No Jobs. [face_plain]

(at least there weren't any when I was looking)

...and being in Wisconsin so long...

I was glad to escape!

It is very nice to visit now. Sometimes I think it would be really nice to live up there again. But then I would be confronted with the "No Jobs" thing again.

If I really wanted to, I think I could find something.

20. keiran_helcyan Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatsup my friends from the land of cows :) I live in Marshfield, WI. Wisconsin is cool, but we REALLY need some snow on the ground by now. I kind of like Star Wars literature (but I thought the Bantam stuff was a lot better), and I play games, at least the ones my system can handle :D
  21. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I was at an auction in Eland, near Wittenburg, near Wausau, over Thanksgiving and got a few SW toys. :)
  22. keiran_helcyan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to Wausau to do some down-hill skiing (as soon as we get some snow on the ground :( ).
  23. DarthDexterFinster Jedi Master

star 2
    //still freezing in wisconsin and laughing at ridiculous JC policies...
  24. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I just got done freezing in Wisconsin and a horrible drive back to Minneapolis. I went to see LotR again, this time in Wausau. What sad, uncomfortable seat. At least the sound was nice. :)
  25. crystal417 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I'm new to the MidWest boards and I just dropped by to say hi. I'm not from Greenbay I'm about 2 hours away but my hometown isn't on the list and Greenbay is the closet thing (I think to me) Just droppin' in to say hi!

~Crystal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.