main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Obi-Wan, don't let your personal feelings get in the way

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by VadersOnThatShip, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002

The "big boys", eh?

Hmmmm....

Does having both legs and one arm lopped off count as being "owned"? I would have to say so.

Funny how some folks here judge the "worth" of a character by their perceived POWER, by how well they can FIGHT...while others evaluate morality, courage, selflessness, CHARACTER.

Guess the Sith / Jedi thing has its real life parallels in OUR time, too...

Shadow

2. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    You know better than that Sith_Rules.

yes, in AOTC Darth Tyrannus was superior to Jedi KNIGHJT Obi-Wan Kenobi and PADAWAN Anakin Skywalker. He was a former Jedi-Master who was now a Dark Lord.

It was a legitimate victory.

ROTS is an entirely different matter and everyone that posts on these threads knows it.

Obi-Wan HAD to take a fall. If Obi-Wan defeated Count Dooku as a Master, it would have robbed Anakin of his ONE victory in the series of films, as well as negating the necessity of seperating Obi-Wan and Anakin so Anakin could begin his turn to the Darkside.

Everyone on these boards knows that and they simply say Dooku "owned" Obi-Wan for no other reason but to slander the character.

The ROTS Jedi-Master Obi-Wan Kenobi was SUPERIOR in power and skill to Darth Tyrannus. That's why his knocking Obi-Wan out was treated as throw-away moments, with no drama unlike the first time in AOTC.

Everyone on these boards knows the circumstances dictated Obi-Wan required being taken out of the fight, they need to stop prtending like they don't know that. If you want to complain, then complain about the way Lucas structured the story.

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I'm making excuses like you're in denial. Nothing you say will change the fact that the two of them could Dooku. See ROTS.

no,they could not..watch ROts ?? why ?? to see dooku trashing kenobi again ??

I already said why they couldn't put up a decent fight. I can tell you're not very...outdoorsy type, because you would understand that when one person does a lot? Then later on they tend not to have energy later on.

this is excuse making

Take a nap? Its more like Dooku couldn't take BOTH of them on and was desperate to get rid of one of them.

dooku was the desperate one ??

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

im dying here

:_|[face_laugh]:_|

Big boys? Obi-Wan and Dooku? Because Anakin is the little brat burning in the "sand"

and yet he is the one that takes dooku out after his master miserably failed

4. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Thank you, PERFECTLY said.

5. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    You know better than that Sith_Rules.

yes, in AOTC Darth Tyrannus was superior to Jedi KNIGHJT Obi-Wan Kenobi and PADAWAN Anakin Skywalker. He was a former Jedi-Master who was now a Dark Lord.

It was a legitimate victory.

i accept that joshua and im glad you do too but some people like to make excuses of why dooku won rather than just admiting the truth: that he was superior to both of them

Everyone on these boards knows the circumstances dictated Obi-Wan required being taken out of the fight, they need to stop prtending like they don't know that. If you want to complain, then complain about the way Lucas structured the story.

i wont complain about it because you see it in another way..you say that kenobi was too much for dooku so he HAD to get him out
    ...i think that kenobi has not improved as much as anakin.

and im not pretending...that idea that dooku was desperate is ridiculoous and the only evidence to suport it is stover's fairy tale

The ROTS Jedi-Master Obi-Wan Kenobi was SUPERIOR in power and skill to Darth Tyrannus

no,he wasnt.where are you getting this "kenobi is uber in ROTS" delusions from ??

6. angelicusdiablos

angelicusdiablos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005

:D heh heh

Lets try somehing called logic.
    1)Anakin beat Dooku.
    therefore 2) Anakin and Kenobi could have beat Dooku

:rolleyes:

7. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    i accept that joshua and im glad you do too but some people like to make excuses of why dooku won rather than just admiting the truth: that he was superior to both of them

IN AOTC. NOT ROTS.

Jedi-Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Jedi-Knight, or Jedi-Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi would destroy utterly Darth Tyannus in any other circumstances than what was necessitated by the plot.

Anakin had to be pumped as having grown STRONGER since AOTC.

This was at Obi-Wan's expense.

Plus, from a production standpoint, imagine being in Lucas' position having to call Chris Lee and telling him he shows up on set for 2 days of filming only to be absolutely devastated by two Jedi then gets his head cut off.
    Chris Lee would have declined to return come on.

8. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    Jedi-Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Jedi-Knight, or Jedi-Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi would destroy utterly Darth Tyannus in any other circumstances than what was necessitated by the plot.

when you can back that up then we'll talk

9. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    I noticed you back up none of your point. Its all speculation. There is no proof that Obi-Wan and Anakin together could not beat Dooku. Only you're "word", which I dont take seriously anywho.:p

You can claim Anakin is superior, but at the end of the day? Anakin is the one laying, burning. Obi-Wan is the one walking away, with his lightsaber no less.

10. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    the DVD says anakin is more powerful,the databank lucas and everybody in his crew say he is more poerful than kenobi.

here endeth the lesson

11. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005

and in ANH hope a mechanical Vader defeats and Old man ObiWan, whats your point? Anyways... yeah so that whole would have could have defeated Dooku can't be defended either way because what happened happened.

12. angelicusdiablos

angelicusdiablos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    [face_cow] ive noticed things always get nasty when sithrules is about, no offense, just an honest observation.

13. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    habit..especially when all i hear is how uber is obi wan

14. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    I love when people try to bring up ANH. "Obi lost to Vader!!!" Really? Try watching the movie again. Obi-Wan stops fighting and LETS Vader kill him.

Ok lets que the "Because he knew he was going to lose!!!"

Yeah, because Obi-Wan is the type of person to give up and die....

My point is that the argument that Dooku could beat Obi-Wan and Anakin together is false. That is my point.

Anyways...this was taken off topic. Obi-Wan did his duty, as did Anakin in AOTC. Not to mention, the comparison is not really good because the situations are different.

15. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    My point is that the argument that Dooku could beat Obi-Wan and Anakin together is false. That is my point.

not false...it just happens to differ from your POV

16. Jedi_Momma

Jedi_Momma Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    I would looove to have seen the reaction on these boards if Obi had said, "Yep, got it - kill Anakin. I'm off then. Pick you up something on the way back, Yoda?"

He has a very real moment of human weakness - he was being ordered to KILL, not abandon but KILL, the person he loved most in all the galaxy. Call me a softie but I give him his moment of hesitation.

(Also Anakin's ordering the ship down was also interfering w/ Obi's ability to do his duty.)

17. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    But as angelicusdiablos nicely pointed out, if Anakin could beat Dooku alone, then the two of them would beat Dooku.

I'm the same way about Anakin.;)

18. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i can back it up at least ...im not just using fanboyism here

19. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    But you haven't backed it up once...

20. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    habit..especially when all i hear is how uber is obi wan

Dude what are YOU talking about??? The bias against and disdain for the character of Obi-Wan on these threads is MIGHTY.

Your position is merely one more among many, there are far FEWER people that see the reality of how kick ass he is.

Fine, you don't like the character, there's plenty of characters I don't care for, but be honest with yourself and give the man the damn credit he is due, he has certainly fictionally earned it.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is a fricking badass in the films.

21. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    ROTS DVD,official databank,george lucas,gillard etc etc etc

Dude what are YOU talking about??? The bias and disdain for the character of Obi-Wan on these threads is MIGHTY.

Your position is merely one more among many, there are far FEWER people that see the reality of how kick ass he is.

Fine, you don't like the character, there's plenty of characters I don't care for, but be honest with yourself and give the man the damn credit he is due, he has certainly fictionally earned it.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is a fricking badass in the films.

i agree.i think the guy has earned his pace as one of the better characters,he is in all the movies,he defeated more sith lords than any other jedi onscreen at least,the guy has a secure legacy ...but when it comes to fighting he is simply not the best..he has plenty of superiors..what i dont get is that if you love the character so much why cant you just accept him the way it is instead of making up things. ??he is not the better fighter around that is a fact..its easier to accept it than invent

22. VadersOnThatShip

VadersOnThatShip Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    SHADOW-JEDI posted:

In ROTS, Obi Wan expresses angst over having to potentially KILL a young man he helped raise and train from boyhood.

[hr]
    Yoda didn't seem to have any problem taking on Dooku.

23. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    None of them say anything about Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting Dooku together. Not to mention, I hold the movies as canon over them. Obi-Wan clearly beat Anakin in the duel. I'm not saying Anakin didn't fight amazingly, he was just outsmarted by Obi-Wan.

Brilliantly said joshuavance:D

24. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    I'm not saying Anakin didn't fight amazingly, he was just outsmarted by Obi-Wan.

exactly ..outsmarted,not overpowered as some poeple like to dream

25. ObiWanIsTheOne

Mar 30, 2005
    Ok, then that just means Anakin is more skilled, but an idiot. Ok, enjoy. I concede that Anakin is stupid. See? Now we can get back on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.