main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Obi-Wan, don't let your personal feelings get in the way

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by VadersOnThatShip, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    no one pointed a gun to your head..get back on topic whenever you want to

2. angelicusdiablos

angelicusdiablos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005

I agree, I can apreciate criticism of Kenobis charachter but this stubborn unyielding view is tedious. People should learn to compromise when they know they are wrong...;)

3. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    i agree.i think the guy has earned his pace as one of the better characters,he is in all the movies,he defeated more sith lords than any other jedi onscreen at least,the guy has a secure legacy ...but when it comes to fighting he is simply not the best..he has plenty of superiors..what i dont get is that if you love the character so much why cant you just accept him the way it is instead of making up things. ??he is not the better fighter around that is a fact..its easier to accept it than invent

LMAO what needs to be made up exactly??

Sense Sidious before anyone else
    Kills Maul
    Kills Grievous
    Discovers the Clone army
    chases off Jango
    Navigates an asteroid field. Previously, you had to be Han Solo to do that, or even think about it.
    GIVES Boba Fett the idea on how to catch Han and the Falcon in the asteroid field
    Maimes the Chosen one
    CHOOSES the timing of his own death, no other character does that
    First Jedi to manifest his identity after becoming one with the Force.
    SAVES The Chosen One from an eternity of nothingness.

THERE endeth the ****ing lesson!

EDIT: I challenge ANYONE to name ONE solitary character who's accomplishments come remotely CLOSE to that in the films.

MAYBE....Luke Skywalker, MAYBE, and that's still second

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    still he needs to prove he can beat a real foe in combat not only a 20 years old ragging bull-like brat

anyway thanks for todays laugh joshua

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

5. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    That pretty much says it all then as far as where YOU'RE coming from.

6. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    He JUST said that he beat Maul and Grevious.

That "brat" is the same person you claim is the most powerful Force user using "sources". Which is it?

7. angelicusdiablos

Mar 10, 2005
    Its at times like this that a apreciate my affinity for kenobi and anakin as duo rather than two ego-elitist in competition with each other. Youve got the essential good guy and the good guy who becomes the bad guy and fails. Kenobi is there as a constant to gauge how far anakin has deviated. Theyre yin and yang. You cannot apreciate one with out the other. So lets all agree to disagree and enjoy the nature of their duality!!!

Man, this went off on a tangent! :-B

8. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Hey Sith_Rules

<---------------------------- Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

Obi-Force lightning owns you.

9. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    EDIT: I challenge ANYONE to name ONE solitary character who's accomplishments come remotely CLOSE to that in the films.

I think the Emperor's accomplishments far outweigh Obi-Wan's.

Was elected Chancellor.
    Hid in plain sight from the Jedi.
    Turned Dooku to the dark side.
    Manipulated the Senate into giving him emergency powers and approving an army.
    Killed three of the greatest Jedi Masters in less than seconds.
    Killed Mace Windu with his "unlimited power".
    Turned the Chosen One to the dark side.
    Defeated Yoda.
    Ruled as Emperor for over 20 years.
    Completely dominated Luke with his force lightning.

10. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan lives forever.

Palpatine ends up a stain in a reactor core.

BIG difference don't you think?

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    joshua and sithrules you guys need to tone it down and stop making this personal. Last warnings.

12. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Oh it isn't personal RebelScum, Obi-Wan was merely shooting him with his force lightning.

LOL! I can unequivocally assure you. A Star Wars message board is something I can not, nor will not take personally.

13. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    By personal I mean discussing the FANS instead of the FILMS. That's a board wide no-no.

14. angelicusdiablos

Mar 10, 2005
    Rebelscum has spoken. Though it most amusing. [face_clown]

15. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Oh we know it's all in good fun we go back and forth like that, it isn't personal. Besides , the bias against Obi-Wan needs to have the smackdown layed on it sometimes heh heh. It's never personal or derogatory towards the poster.

Be honest Rebelscum, search your feelings, you KNOW Obi-Wan Kenobi is the man don't you?? :p

16. Jedi_Momma

Jedi_Momma Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005

17. angelicusdiablos

Mar 10, 2005
    Good point Jedi Momma, Master Yoda definatley a few notches beyond Kenobi on detachment to say the least!!!

18. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Imagine if Obi-Wan Kenobi lived to be 900! :eek:

I shudder to think of the possibilities.

19. angelicusdiablos

Mar 10, 2005

But he didnt! He got served on the Deathstar by Vader! MUHAHAHA!!!

Just kiddin'. :p I just thought Id create a little tension now that Sithrules is gone. Heh Heh.

20. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm not really sure what some of these tangents are all about. This has nothing to do with Palpatine or who's a better Jedi.

It's one of the great ironies that even Obi-Wan lets his personal feelings toward Anakin "get in the way." The novel does a great job with explaining this. Obi-Wan has no idea that his judgement is impaired until it's already too late, in very much the same way as Anakin. It's one of those times where we see that sometimes human nature overrides the Code. Obi-Wan was indeed too attached to Anakin, and it makes their falling out that much more tragic.

21. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Indeed rebelscum,

That's why I've maintained all along Yoda dispatched Obi-Wan to confront Vader NOT because "strong enough to yadda yadda Lord Sidious", but rather Yoda knew intuitively Obi-Wan needed to do it. For himself. For healing to begin. He had to physically see Anakin was gone and a Sith Lord was present.

That to me was a fine example of Yoda's wisdom. Had Obi-Wan not gone and confronted vader face to face, Obi-Wan would have doubted and second guessed the remainder of his life.

Additionally, it was Obi-Wan's personal responsibility and Yoda didn't want Obi-Wan shirking it over sentimentality. They had bigger fish to fry than grief and mourning. Their entire world had just been destroyed.

EDIT: In MANY ways it was a act of compassion on Yoda's part, knocking Obi-Wan out of his reverie and despair, because it looked like Obi-Wan was beginning to panic and lose it a bit.

22. angelicusdiablos

Mar 10, 2005

Agreed. I dont think I would have empathised as much if Kenobi was ruthless and non-emotive in his pursuit of Anakin.

23. Jedi_Momma

Jedi_Momma Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    True but he did finally let go and do his duty. And for that I give him all the credit in the galaxy. Especially since IMO, he never had a day of happiness in his life again after Mustafar...

"Obi-Wan is betrayed very deeply on many levels." George Lucas

24. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I like to believe that it had to be Obi-Wan going after Anakin because: A. Obi-Wan had to see what he had become for himself, he was Anakin's Master and partner, and B. If there was any possibility at all of "saving" him, Obi-Wan was the only person who could do it, I doubt very much Yoda thought it was possible, but there's always a chance.

25. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    yeah, Jedimomma,

you can tell on Tatooine 20 years later Obi-Wan is a bit touched. Years of solitude, no friends, talking to voices in the air, meditating, etc

I can't imagine sitting in a one room hovel with a communal bathroom for 20 years. That HAD to suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.