main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Hey StL, any comic geeks here?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    New Star Wars Comic: Legacy

Set 100 years AFTER the NJO.

Click here for more info.

o_O What on earth....

I guess this could have some potential, but at first glance, this looked like bad fanfiction to me.

2. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I see my comic collecting ending when Empire and Republic are done.

3. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Nods, Jedi_Commander_Faofa. Bad Fan-fic, at best. Hrm, a Skywalker goes bad, an overly tattooed Sith (and Twilek, which I agree with one of the posters is a much overused species). Sounds like the best idea out of a pot smoking incident.

4. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I think I'll give Legacy a chance because it's something different. I don't much care for any of the Star wars novels I've tried but I've always liked most of the comics(I did NOT mean all). And need I point out that Twileks are generally hot. That is the root of their popularity(includes Bib Fortuna). They are like the green chicks from Star Trek. Also, bad fan-fiction is redundant. You can just say fan-fiction. In other news an independent comic company called Moonstone(they publish Kolack: the Nightstalker and The Phantom) has just released their $.50 preview of the new Buckaroo Banzai comic featured in this months Previews. Ask about it at your local comic retailer(If this happens to be a Fantasy Shop, I suggest you go elsewhere).

Whew!

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I have read some good fanfiction Notclown-Joker. ;)

Twilek's are very overused in the SW universe. Your quote that says that the Twileks are generally hot, that's probably why they keep using female Twileks over and over again. Talk about redundancy. For all we know the upcoming SW TV show could be a bunch of Twileks in a "Sex and the City" type show on HBO. lol.

What is different about this story? Cade = Dash Rendar = Quinlan Vos = Han Solo etc.

Here's my prediction on how it's going to go:

Cade: "Aargh! I'm a bad guy! Really! I am!" *turns to light side* *kills Darth Hotwilek*

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I agree with Scott. I have read some really good fanfic, some better then a lot of 'pro' books out there...

And from a female point of view...who needs more twileks? I don't. They are overused and only because of their sex appeal. If they really offered substance it would be a different matter (thinking of Aayla here).

Surely with a huge galaxy at their feet, writers could come up with a something new and not rehashed to death.

(Just my two cents, for what it is worth...let the burning begin. :p )

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm with Christina. Twileks are done to death! There are so many cool species out there, or shoot creat a new one.

And I have read some really good fan fiction! Some great authors in our group even!!!:)

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    What about a tattooed Sith Ewok? Since we're always doing Sith stuff, why leave the little guys out?

[face_laugh]

Seriously, I'm thinking a Chadra-Fan would make a more interesting Sith, if it has to be Sith. ;)

Notice how the Vong were interesting because they WEREN'T SITH.

9. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    So, on the fan fic thing; I would like to lump SW books in that caterory. I feel that anything not in the OT(films at release) is fan fiction. This DOES apply to the prequels. I'm sorry, but Lucas has fallen prey to his own hype. So not all fan-fict is bad because I really liked Jedi Knight video game series. But on the Legacy front: All stories and characters have been used before. The trick is to use them in new enviroments and with new dynamics. It might not work, but they can always claim alternate futures when it doesn't.(Marvel fans know what I'm talking about.) Han was around long before he was called Han. Star Wars was around long before Lucas. It was just a different world or time or group of characters inacting a similar situtation. Plus Legacy suckered me with the cool Boba Fett logo redesign.

Again, WHEW!

PS: I agree with the female Twileks overuse. I don't think that males are used near enough. I loved Bib when I was a kid. As for a new sith. . . Make mine Gammorean(no spell check on that one)

PPS: Scott said"
    Here's my prediction on how it's going to go:

Cade: "Aargh! I'm a bad guy! Really! I am!" *turns to light side* *kills Darth Hotwilek*"
    Is that HO Twilek or Hot Twilek? Just curious.

10. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Twi'lek Sex in the City - If that did happen, wild horses couldn't pull me away from the T.V.

In fact, I smell emmy!!!

I'm still waiting for John to get his Twi'lek project off the ground. Maybe he'll let me run the camera. Or be a grip, or best boy, or something.

As for the new comic, I'll wait to read it before I condemn/endorse it. But I'm sure I'll pick up the first one or two just to check it out.

Who knows, maybe Cade takes after great great Grand-daddy Anakin. That might make him the second biggest S.O.B. in the galaxy

11. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well Tim, you will be happy to know I wrote up the script several months ago during over a ten minute period. Having some problems finding actors and costume people, they all seem to want money.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    If the SW novels are "fanfiction", then I'm in good company, and the authors that write those books truly are the luckiest writers on the planet to be getting paid to write fanfiction. ;)

A Gammorean Sith... That's awesome.

Hot Twilek. I just merged the two together. ;)

That's another thing; I'm thinking they just want another Boba Fett type character too, since he was such a hit as well. *sighs* Is Lucasfilm running out of ideas? [face_worried]

13. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003

Ten minute period? I would have thought more like two minutes. :)

And what's up with them wanting money? Don't they know this is art.

14. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, its not like that was all I was doing in that 10 minutes, I think I did it during one of the group chats.

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, What kind of movie are we talking about here? o_O

You mention Sex in the City and then John writing a script. And after our RPG session last week, I am curious. LOL!

I would so watch it if it was like Sex and the City. I love that show! But, I really hope it is not like that.

16. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, definitely not board friendly.

17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    John, I'm intrigued. You must tell me more! I guess it will have to wait though since it's not board friendly.

18. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I ordered PURGE a few weeks ago since it was sold out and am still waiting for it to come in.

Anything else interesting coming in the next few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.