main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hey, the Golden Globes are happening

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, Jan 11, 2015.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Let's watch the most pointless awards show, but be entertained by how awesome Fey and Poehler are. They've killed it so far.

Two Cosby jokes already.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol Downton Abbey won an award.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I had to smh at that one. That is the most overrated show of the last 15 years.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hooray, Fargo.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yay! Though how is Sherlock not at least nominated? Ah well. Fargo definitely deserved that.

6. Todd the Sock

Todd the Sock rawr ima mod star 1

Dec 13, 2013
    Lol Jeremy Renner's boob joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If I didn't have the EPL on my DVR, I'd watch more of the Globes... the opening monologue was funny, though.

8. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Sherlock got real lackluster in its third season, although not nearly as lackluster as Downton.

I'm a bit behind, but am really excited JK Simmons won. I haven't seen Whiplash, but he's one of those actors who's been really good in so many under the radar roles for so long that it's great he's finally getting formal recognition.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I loved Sherlock season 3 even if some weren't so sure, but since it's also judged per episode as movies for these, His Last Vow undoubtedly deserved a nom. One of the best.

Wow a legit applause for something said by the HFPA head. Good on him.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Huge upset for Jane the Virgin -- everyone acknowledges it's a good show, but I don't think anyone expected the lead actress to take home the Golden Globe...

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Whoa yeah not expecting that.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wow, Golden Globe for the CW! Right on.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I agree that His Last Vow should have been nominated, but I loved the entire Season 3 of Sherlock and the fan service it had.

And I might have just gotten a bit excited at BabyBatch bump and I'm totally usually not that kind of person. [face_blush]

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, The 100 is the most feminist show on TV right now, so CW's doing a bunch of things correctly -- but ratings are still crap comparatively (though climbing). I'm excited they're getting recognition!

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    And now a win for Amazon. All kinds of interesting ones.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I thought Netflix won some last year / 2 years ago... so was this in the same vein?

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sort of, but Amazon's shows in general have a much, much smaller budget and frankly right now are not generally thought of as "real" shows the way Netflix shows are, because Netflix has some great budgets and people involved. Amazon may start to get better. They just truly have very little buzz. I don't know anyone who watches their shows. Everyone I know watches House of Cards and OitnB.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The great, great, GREAT Jeffrey Tambor.

Bravo.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Really? You don't know anyone who watches Transparent, one of the unquestionably recommended shows of Amazon's first few TV shows in their pilot seasons?

I know House of Cards is well and truly hyped, but I've probably seen about as many ads for Orange Is The New Black as I have for Transparent. And I don't watch any of the three (though I try and catch up on OITNB when I'm up at mavjade 's place when I don't need to catch up on my own shows On Demand).

20. Todd the Sock

Todd the Sock rawr ima mod star 1

Dec 13, 2013
    Suddenly Prince. what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Very, very classy move to dedicate that award to the memory of Leelah Alcorn. I got a little emotional.

heels1785 , mavjade and dp4m like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    that's a sweet walking stick

dp4m likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Haha the most excited anyone has been all night was Louis CK when Prince came out.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I've been meaning to try Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon. I dismissed Jane the Virgin as usual CW fair (I mean, look at the title), but it's gotten attention from critics so I suppose I should try that as well.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

There's never a wrong time for Prince.

[​IMG]

Ramza likes this.