main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey what race is Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shfo-Powken, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shfo-Powken

Shfo-Powken Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    i need to know because a creture like him is going to be in my novel.and im new here so how do u get pictures and stuff.

2. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    to my knowledge there is no reference or pictures of sifo dias except in episode 2 sorry

3. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    There was some comic book or something that had him as a human around 25. I always imagined him as an alien like Sasee Tiin.

PS In a dream I had last night about ep3 sifo dyas had a double bladed orange lightsaber.Weird.8-}:rolleyes:

4. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    lol cool but i guess my knowledge isnt the greatest on this subject

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    He's a human.

6. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I'm fairly sure he's human.

7. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i hope he is human that is for sure...but everything will be reveled in due time i am sure of that much

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Sifo-Dyas = Qui Gon Jinn

9. venusboy

venusboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Sifo-Dyas = Qui-Gon Jinn?? Are you serious? Although it fits well with the idea of someone dying ten years ago...

Who is Sifo-Dyas, if not Qui-Gon? Some say Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas. And I haven't understood what Palpatine gains on approving a Clone Army for the Republic (although I see a great similarity between Clones and Stormtroopers...). Are they what was first of the Stormtroopers?

10. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i don't think that it is Qui Gon Jinn...although i could be wrong...mmm...will have to wait and see thou...

it will interesting when all this come to show on May 19th

11. TheMasterOfPuppets

TheMasterOfPuppets Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    wow! now that you mentioned that sifo-dyas=qui gin jinn. i really think its true.
    i remember about 2 weeks ago someone posted an image of sifo-dyas from a comics book that he was like...um i don't know how to call it, maybe freezed or in a rest locked down in a water tank (i think its a water tank)and dooko tell him something, so half of his head is covered, the eyes..., but you can see he has beard, like qui gon's beard, which make sense.

and... i remember that there was a poll about AOTC, a short time after it was in the theaters, in the star wars official site, that was, "who do you think ordered the clones?"
    and one of the answers there were
    qui gon

and then i thought like
    "WT*?! what does he has to do with them? qui gon was killed by maul in the phantom menace and his body was burned".
    BUT he was killed almost ten years before aotc which means the phantom menace.
    and obi wan even asks lama su :
    "did MY master say who it was for?"
    and we all know that qui gon was his master.

im pretty sure that it is him

think about that.....

12. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    Sifo-Dyas is not Qui-Gon Jinn. Period. This is covered by Yoda in Labyrinth of Evil.

Obi-Wan said "my Master" because he was playing along in real-time with the information he was receiving from Lama Su.

13. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    Labyrinth of Evil answers a lot of questions left unanswered in AOTC.

14. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    I didn't think qui gon was a "master" anyway... cos he wasn't on the Jedi Council

15. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    Qui-Gon was definetely a Jedi Master.

16. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    How does one go from Jedi Knight to Jedi master? Without being on the council....

17. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Apprentice is where you get trained,
    Jedi Knight is where you have finished your training and are training an apprentice.
    Jedi Master is where you have finished training an apprentice...

Thats what i always thought.

18. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    He's a Dead, a real dangerous one too.

19. platform327

platform327 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Jedi Master is where you have finished training an apprentice...

Hmmm, Anakin (AOTC) was still Obi-Wan's Padawan when Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master (newly appointed one or otherwise).

20. TheMasterOfPuppets

TheMasterOfPuppets Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    its not true that you become a jedi master after you have trained an apprentice.
    because if so
    we see in the trailer that the council can give anakin the rank of master but they dont want to, and anakin didnt have an apprentice

21. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Sifo-Dyas = Qui-Gon Jinn?? Are you serious? Although it fits well with the idea of someone dying ten years ago...

Um...no.

You're forgetting that Obi-Wan stated outright to Yoda and Mace that Sifo-Dyas was indeed on the Council, and was later killed. If it were Qui-Gon, one of them obviously would've said something right from the start.

Apparently nobody in here's read Labyrinth of Evil yet. Everything about Sifo-Dyas is laid down in there, revealed from Lucas himself. He's not Qui-Gon, he was a completely different, albeit maverick, Jedi knight who foresaw the growing threat of the Sith, went over the Council's head, and single-handedly ordered the clone army on his own initiative.

When Sidious and Dooku heard about it, Sids ordered Dooku to murder Sifo-Dyas -- his close personal and longtime friend in the order -- as part of his "Sith Trials" initiation. After doing so, Sidious tells Dooku to assume Sifo-Dyas's role and play along with the Kaminoans, the clone army that he ordered fitting in perfectly with their long-range future plans.

Straight from Lucas's (and Luceno's) mouths.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    LOE was a pretty informative book.

23. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    How does one go from Jedi Knight to Jedi master? Without being on the council....

Who says you have to be on the council if your a Jedi Master? With 10,000 Jedi Knights I bet there are more than 12 Masters.

I didn't think qui gon was a "master" anyway... cos he wasn't on the Jedi Council [/]i

This is covered by Obi-wan in TPM. "But Master, you'd be on the council if only you'd follow the code" or something like that.

Hmmm, Anakin (AOTC) was still Obi-Wan's Padawan when Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master (newly appointed one or otherwise).

No he's not. Obi-wan is a Jedi Knight.

24. DarthPyre

DarthPyre Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    Sifo-Dyas = Human. Also, he was Not Qui-Gon.

As for the Jedi title thing. When you join the order, you're put into a Clan, where you train with others until you're taken as a Padawan under a single teacher. Eventually you graduate to Knight. Then, if your skills and wisdom warrant it, you are promoted to Master. The Jedi Council is chosen from the ranks of the Masters, although exceptions can be made. Ki-Adi Mundi was only a Knight when he served on the council.

25. venusboy

venusboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I'm sorry for ever bothering you. Ignore this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.