main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Hey Y'All. I'm hosting the OFFICIAL Lineup for the New INDIANA JONES Film at SilverCity Next Year

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SabotJune, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    I've started a Facebook group and hope all of you will join up. Just search me under the name Steven Myhre. Feel free to add me as a friend as well!

2. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Definitely have to check that out. :D

EDIT: Any chance you could post the actual link?

3. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    It looks like you have to be signed in in order to see it. Just search me under Steven Myhre and click on my profile that has the group attached to it!

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, hey, that definitely sounds like a laudable and worthy enough endeavour, and certainly also there's probably no better time than the present to start planning for it....even if 'tis in the most preliminary stages right now, to be sure, still there absolutely is something to be said for preparing, preparing, and sitll more prepping and planning for it even this far ahead of time, I'm guessing....heck, it can't hurt and in fact it can only help, in my experience. :) And honestly, now, maybe we don't have nearly enough grand and spectacular opportunities to do the whole premiere line-up thang as I strongly suspect we would otherwise like....we had our SW, natch, and it simply does *not* get any better than that, period and end of story!....and these days, with the "Pirates" movies also drawing to an evident conclusion, 'twould seem that really the only ongoing thing left is "Harry Potter"....though there's everything right in the world with *that*, mind you.... ;) :D
    Still, though, apart even from that much, I'm guessing that for the most part we probably don't have nearly enough chances to do this whole extensive and thorough, planned-to-the-nth-degree premiere line-up/party sort o' thing....if only because the truly big "event" movies which actually warrant it, and which really do deserve that especial treatment, seem in....well, rather short supply for the most part, I fear. ;) *rueful expression* Still, though, if ever there was anything else coming out which *absolutely* and in every way full well merited the same premiere extravaganza, any other flick for which it probably....even goes without saying, too, come to think of it....well, now, with the SW PT so magnificently and flawlessly, beautifully and spectacularly wrapped up to help create of the SW Saga one truly codified, smooth and seamless whole....with that much taken care of, maybe the next "big thing" and absolute must clearly is "Indy" after all....
    Heck, it's George and Steven, and it's Lucasfilm and ILM, and ohhhhhh, now....that really is just about as truly, deeply and profoundly, seriously *good* as 'tis ever possible to get. :D So mmmmmm, yes, I suppose for all that....maybe I too will be there for this one, even though I'm of course rather more a dyed-in-the-proverbial-wool and fiercely-loyal SW chickie at heart and soul anyway, it will *always* be my First, then....yet ohhhhhh, now, honestly, I suppose there's perhaps also something to be said for the (mis) adventures of a certain snake-phobic and fearless rogue archaeologist....ye-es, even after all these years. ;) :D
    Dawn. (who knows from experience just what a serious endeavour these premiere get-togethers and collective lines actually can be to pull off, and who knows but what it's like a fine art and something of a honed science all at once, but at the same time it still is something totally feasible and in *every* single way, totally worth doing and thus all the time, effort and energy, natch....and, hey, in this case too - it's of course very much a sure thing that Silvercity really is by far and away *the* bes tand also the only worthwhile and viable theatre for these purposes anyway....heck, it's where I go to see my movies, and considering the other theatres in town and just how lacklustre they are in comparison, well....it's clearly the *only* one worth checking out anyway....none better for the true "event" films like this, then, in my experience....for *us*, anyway.... ;) )

5. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Still a teensy bit confused as to where we "sign in" et al. Please post step-by-step for us not so web conversant persons please.

Anxiously awaiting the next SW installments, a la TV.

Anyone interested in starting an SW write-as-you-go thread? If we do, we'll need to brainstorm a basic plot, some characters and the timeline. This would be excellent practice for those with a yen to be an author.

6. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    If I had more time I would...[face_tired]

7. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    Thanks for the interest and sorry I haven't had the time to reply until now.

Signing up with Facebook is easy. Just go to facebook.com, create an account (it doesn't take too long and they hardly ask for any information). Heck--Facebook is about to become the official world directory! Once you've signed up, search groups under INDIANA JONES and mine should be in the top five.
    I've got a few people onboard both on and offline. Right now, the plan is for people to get there whenever they want to--I'm probably going to be there a day before it opens for the midnight screening. I'm trying to get some bands lined up and there's going to be a raging tailgater, that's for sure! Some costumers from the mainland have heard and know the Vic rep and will try and party with us.

As far as other films that I would be into lining up for include the next STAR TREK film next Christmas, TRANSFORMERS 2 and GI JOE (I'm as pumped for these films just like I was for STAR WARS!).

Hope to see you in the group soon!

8. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    We just had our first group meeting this year and it was a success. We have a couple of bands lined up and a TON of peeps from Vancouver going to come for the costume part. Hope to see more Victoria participation soon.

9. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Big problems with the Victoria crowd getting over to Vancouver are: time and money (not necessarily in that order). Getting to Vancouver, even taking the cheapest method, runs in the order of 30-40 dollars for a day. If it's a late afternoon or evening event (or an extremely early morning event --- before 1100 am) it entails staying overnight and that runs in excess of $100 for accommodations and meals. Then there's the cost of getting around (by bus for those of us who don't drive or don't own a vehicle), or the cost of getting the vehicle to the mainland, not to mention gas. That's why we are usually only over there once a year maximum, unfortunately.

Most of the SW crowd is already committed to appearing at the PNE in August. We were invited back for '08 last year before the parade even happened. We're hoping for a larger turnout this time around. We shall see. No promises, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.