main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey Y'all!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by The_Clarinet_Jedi, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Clarinet_Jedi

The_Clarinet_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2008
    Howdy to all!! Alright so I joined about a month ago and finally worked up the courage to say hey. I've watched Star Wars since I was 3 and have loved it ever since! I love band and I play the clarinet, so I have a lot of funny band stories to tell! Speaking of stories I'd really like to post a story I just finished but I'm really nervous about it![face_worried]

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!

I'm sure you already know about the fanfic forums, but I'll link it anyway here. I'm glad to see you signed up, you don't have anything to be afraid of, we're all really friendly and really helpful. If you have any questions, we're happy to answer them.

Enjoy your stay!

3. The_Clarinet_Jedi

Jun 4, 2008
    Thanks! Yeah I'm just a little shy at times. Is there a place on the forum where someone could edit/read my story before I post it in the fanfic forum?

4. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    Welcome to the boards. I am glad to see that you have *as Jedi Daniels has pointed out* signed up. GOod to see new faces around here.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome The_Clarinet_Jedi! :)

It's normal to be nervous doing the first posts and especially if you want to post your first FanFic, but it's not necessarily, because it's a friendly board and there's a place to get a beta-reader for your FanFics: Beta Reader Index. :)

In FanFic Resource you can find tons of helpful threads, so I suggest to take a look at that board and/or its index, which you can find within the first three or four threads listed. :)

Good luck with your story! [face_good_luck]

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey, there! Welcome to the JC! No need to be nervous... we're all very nice around here! And you're in good company with a love of music and fanfic. There's a place for both around here! You're not related to The Musical Jedi, are you? :p

Have fun exploring, and if you need help, we're here for you. Feel free to send me a PM and tell me a good band story or two. I'm always up for chatting about anything. ;)

Trika

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Well, hello there. Actually, I've watched SW since about that age, and I love band and play the clarinet (although I switched to bass clarinet last year). It's nice to meet another music geek who plays the same instrument as I do.

8. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hello there. Welcome to the JC!

I was once a clarinet player, the same as your... self. :p

9. The_Clarinet_Jedi

Jun 4, 2008
    Thanks for the greetings everyone!:) I'm finally getting to know my way around the boards and I hope I get to know all of you!

10. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Welcome to the Boards The_Clarinet_Jedi! I'm just assuming you play Clarinet. I'm an oboe player myself! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.