Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencer1 Jedi Padawan

this is Spencer The long lost Han Solo. How are you guys doing? I am in Texas, at Fort Sam Houston. I just passed my National Registry Exam. I am now an EMT! Well, anyways, I thought I would leave a message for everyone. Anyways I have about 8 weeks left of training here, then off to who knows where. Well, I gotta go, leave me a comment or 2 or email me at spencer.deal@us.army.mil talk to you guys later, and may the force be with you.
  2. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Right on Spencer, good to finally hear from you!

Sounds like things are going all right for you, so keep that up and we'll see you when we see you.[face_peace]
  3. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    congratulations, spencer! pleased you are doing well, and EMT is something you can take anywhere!

4. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey you, i sent you a text message like 2 weeks ago and you never replied. what's up with that?!?
  5. Spencer1 Jedi Padawan

Hey, something dumb has been going on with my phone, it wouldn't let me get messages. I have been trying to get it fixed, probably this weekend. Well, I haven't called cause I thought everybody was with dad, on that I am a disrespectful jerk. I didn't know what to say, cause I figured you all have heard him and agree with him. Being home was hard, I didn't get to really explain how I felt, but I felt really weird, cause here I am with tons of people all the time, I don't get to take showers or go to the bathroom without a ton of people around. Along with sleeping and pretty much everything I do except when I get out on the weekends is with other soldiers. When I was home I think I acted weird because of the sudden change of environment. I don't know, perhaps I am still a disrespectful jerk, anywho, from what dad said in that letter he sent and from what he said and the way he was acting when I was home, I don't think I'll be calling home anytime soon. I feel bad cause I reacted strange to being home, and now I feel like dad is disappointed in me, and really I am not like that, it's just being home is really different from the routine here. I deal with a lot of stuff here. Anyways, I think after training I will be different cause we got a lot of stuff to do from now until then which will change me.
    We practiced giving shots on each other yesterday. We did three different ones. Intermuscular, Subcutaneous, and interdermal. One is in the muscle -in the shoulder. One is in the underpart of your arm -the layer of fat above the tricep, and one is on the underside of the forearm, -which is a skin shot -it makes a bubble. Yeah, so I know how to use needles. Friday is IVs, it's gonna be lots of fun. We are really getting to do fun stuff now. We have 2 weeks of this classroom training. It's basically the more advanced stuff that we do in the Army, that civilian EMTs can't do. We do a lot of things that EMTs are unauthorized to do. So I am registered as an EMT, I could work anywhere in the country as an EMT now. It's awesome what we have accomplished. Pretty soon we'll be running out to (practice) wounded patients, starting IVs, closing up wounds, controlling bleeding, among tons of other things, while simulated gunfire and explosions go off. We'll be running places carrying patients on litters (stretchers) and low crawling with them. It's gonna be crazy. I love it. I am about to have a lot of fun. I'm gonna be a combat medic. It's awesome. I gotta go, I'll call you soon, and talk to you soon. bye.
  6. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    don't feel bad. i have barely been speaking to mom or dad either lately because dad told me i was a rotten spoiled little jerk, just like you, because, after me being at work all day long, he called me and wanted me to go somewhere and get him some dinner. i didn't tell him no, but he thought my "attitude" when i asked him what he wanted to eat wasn't acceptable.

all this week i have been taking care of 2 150lb pit bulls, one of which is awaiting city approval to put him down due to his being vicious. so, coming home and getting dinner for my dad, WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE, is OBVIOUSLY my top priority.

haha. anyhow, yes, our dad is a little psycho, but ya gotta love him. we wouldn't be the cold, heartless, weapon-toting, dog-herding, truck-driving, videogame-playing, sci-fi loving, go-getters that we are without those genes. and he does love us. he just shows it in weird ways.

there is a bank robbery going on at MY bank, in exeter, RIGHT NOW. the only thing weirder than that is that TODAY was my payday and i definitely WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE between 4 and 5 tonight if it weren't for Jerry getting called into work so they could tell him the good news. apparently God, and Dad, are both looking out for me. He (Dad) called as soon as he heard to make sure that I was ok.
  7. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
  8. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    YES, I AGREE(This is Jerry this time). As for the whole hostage situation/bank robbery going on right now. I guess the robber hasn't seen the greatness that is Dog Day Afternoon, i.e.-you are about to get shot in the head.
  9. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, even me who lives under a rock (as far as current events go) actually heard about the bank. i thought about you guys, and assumed you weren't there, or there would be news reports of the robber getting his butt handed to him by some lady armed with a mophandle ;)

be well, spencer, and i'm pleased that you enjoy what you are doing.

10. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    I can picture the newscast now..."Reports are just in that a young woman apprehended the attempted robber, using a mop handle, while using the combination of 1, 4, 2, 5(the fighting numbers)"
  11. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL. i have been laughing about that all day.

and good one from you too Jer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.