main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Photon, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Photon

Darth_Photon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    Hey everybody, I'm Darth_Photon. I have a pretty solid knowledge base in the Star Wars universe, but you will find I know absolutely nothing about the comics. I've been around lots of forums before, so you can count on me knowing the general codes of conduct.

Yeah so that's me. I'm a pretty chill guy... who loves science fiction and thinks Star Wars is the greatest series of all.

Anything else just ask... and also I just beat TFU (got it for x-mas) and that was pretty tight.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi! I hope you'll enjoy the JC.:)

Do you read the novels? I keep up with some of the comics but the novels are my favorites.

3. Darth_Photon

Jan 6, 2009
    Yeah I read a lot of the novels; they're my favs also. I've learned more from the hundred books (it seems that much) I've read than any other Star Wars media. What are your favorite series?

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi, Photon! Welcome to the JC! I used to be into the comics, and then they started getting wacky. Right around Eppy II timeframe. I don't think I've touched any since then. I used to read the novels, too, and then they started getting wacky.

Lesson learned: I read stuff and I wind up thinking they're nuts or something.

Have a blast around here! Let us know if you need help finding something or just want a good story or two. [face_mischief]

Trikes

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It's so hard to pick any one favorite...[face_thinking] I really like parts of the NJO, obviously Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand. The X-Wing books are big favorties, I've had to get 2nd copies of most because they get so ragged from me reading over and over.

Did you read Mindor yet? There are discussions on it over in Lit, and the EUC is a good place for all things from the Expanded Universe.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hello there, and welcome to the boards. :D

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Welcome to the JCF from M_M.

8. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    Welcome! :D

MM, that's the first time I've seen someone make their initials look like an emoticon. ;) Cool! :D

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Darth_Photon! :)

TFU is a good game and I wish I have one of the consoles as well, but even then I would have to train using the controlls first. They are different from the ones on the computer of course. ;)

I'm sure, you'll find lots of place to talk about SW, but have you known that there are various trivia games about SW? There you can show, how much you know and how good you can google. If you're interested and can't find those games, just let us know, we'll help you then, ok? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hi there, Darth Photon! :D

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, Darth_Photon. Welcome to the boards. I hope you have loads of fun over here.
    Enjoy your stay.

:)

12. Darth_Photon

Jan 6, 2009
    Thanks all for the welcome. I will definitely be hitting up the Lit/EU sections.

No I have not yet read Mindor, nor have I heard of it, but just the name sounds intriguing. Hmm... Wookieepedia awaits!

13. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey Photon

Welcome to the boards! I love the X-wing books- they're my favorite SW books.

And I've read a few of the comics, I don't really remember them, but I think they were called Dark Times or something.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.