main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Thedude3445, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedude3445

Thedude3445 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2010
    I've been lurking way too much here, so I decided simply to join, even if I'll keep lurking. Anyway, I have some weird facisnation with obscure parts of the EU, with some of my favorite characters being Captain Fordo, Bataal Bandu, Kadann, and Halagad Ventor, so excuse me if I get a little rabid about meaningless characters as those (except Fordo, who is totally amazing :p). I'm still relatively new to the EU, not even reading a full novel (besides Labyrinth of Evil) until I found Dark Lord and Outbound Flight a year and a half ago(though I spoiled myself plenty by going to Wookiepedia), but I have read through the LOTF series recently, hating each and every one until I forced myself to quit in chapter 3 of Revelation, after finishing the ball of suck that was Book 6(What was it called..Rage? Fury? I don't recall). So I guess I'm...sorta...kinda possibly caught up in the EU, except for FOTJ, which I still haven't spoiled myself to.

tl;dr version of my intro monologue is: Hello, and Captain Fordo FTW.

EDIT: Forgot about my obligatory "Star Wars In My Life" speech. I had watched the movies ever since I was about 2, and being the repetitive child I was, I'd watch it every day right after lunch, and bring out my action figures to act it out while the VCR playing. I also read the GODV series when I was 3, and my parents read me many children's books such as that Darth Maul thing, and all of those Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon books. they also probably read me TTT, but it's been so long that I can't recall.
    But my fondest Star Wars memory was in between the releases of AOTC and ROTS, when I made a whole script of Star Wars Episode VII, starring Ben Skywalker, Luke's son(who was me, the naming was a coincidence), going on random adventures like fighting some monster Count Dooku clone called Bylanian Dooku or soemthing, then dueling a giant mountain monster or something with Wedge Antillies, who Ben had taught (along with a ressurected Biggs Darklighter) to become a jedi. I was going to send the script to George Lucas, and then I would get the film released worldwide and it was going to be so cool. At least it wasn't the "revised" script where there was this huge battle on Yavin 4 including a dude on fire named Flamer, and a force-adept droid named Mega Droid, then Ben goes to the Jedi Academy to learn with Luke and Mace Windu, who had survived Episode III by recalling his saber with the force and slowing the fall by stabbing it into the wall of a building.

Okay, now I'm done :p

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :D

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Welcome to the forums Thedude3445! [face_mischief]

4. Illi

Illi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2010

Welcome to the forums!!

Being a former 'lurker' and only joining this week, I'm already enjoying the fruits of posting! You won't look back! :)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Thedude3445! :)

Now your edit is even longer than the actual post and you didn't even edited in another tl'dr-version. :p

I hope you have found the boards you were looking for, but if you still miss anything, just let us know, ok? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    welcome to the mad house 8-}

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/amp854/animations/POTC/cjshonor.gif]

Star Wars is in your life? Since when? :p

Welcome, and enjoy your stay! :D

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!!

You should also check out the Census and Games board is a great place - fun games, great prizes, and very cool people :) There's always a game that needs players - in fact, Mafia is looking for players right now!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.