main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by pinata, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata

pinata Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi, everyone. I'm pinata... some of you might remember me from the Star Wars Fanon Wiki, though I haven't been a regular user there in a very long time. I'm also a very heavily active member of UrbanDead where I co-run a group inspired by Wraith Squadron from the X-Wing series (we're recruiting, if anyone's interested... most of the Wraiths from the books are still available).

If you don't know me from one of those sites, then you probably don't know me. But I'm looking forward to becoming an active forum user here, so you'll probably know me eventually.

The not so subtle joke that myke and trika are making is that we don't allow advertising posts here. I'm going to unlock this since you've posted in another thread but please refrain from advertising your site. Thank you.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Welcome, friend!

If you haven't already registered your PayPal account or credit card info so you can be charged for this site's affordable services, PM the info to me and I'll make sure it gets to our billing department.

Also, feel free to ask me about how to buy your school's pool pass.

Or ingore this scam altogether.

3. pinata

pinata Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2011
    LOL. Thanks, but I don't believe in government-trackable methods of payment... I only use cash.

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hello, there, and welcome to the JC! I'm Trika, the head of the billing department's cash office. You can feel free to forward your cash or money order to me. We realize that not everyone wants to give his or her credit card information over the Internet, so we make it easy to use whatever form of payment you're comfortable with. :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's true. TK is a respectable, reliable finance manager, which is why we entrust all cash income to her. Make your fast, easy cash or money order payment directly to TK.

TK - PM me about how best to fairly split this sucker's money.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    As mentioned above, advertising is a big no-go at this forum, so it's better to avoid it. But you also posted that you want to become an active forum user. That is a wonderful aim. So...

Welcome to the boards and have lots of fun! :D

7. pinata

pinata Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2011
    Hmm. Big difference between letting people know which sites they might know me from and advertising them. Rereading my post, I still don't see what was so spammy about it. But okay, fine. I'll keep that rule -- which isn't listed under Rules of the JC, you might wanna fix that -- in mind in the future.

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You're right about that there's a difference. The problem is that some people just sign up to advertise their sites - trying to hide it with various excuses. And after one or two posts they disappear. That's why we edit the parts that look like advertising. In case you have further questions, please, send a private message to Katya who did the edit. She'll answer your PM. :)

But beside of that edit, thanks for hinting us about the Rules. I forwarded it and I'll take another look at it myself as well - after I got a few hours of sleep. Now I'm too tired. ;)

See ya! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.