main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Hi all, I'm new

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Look, when you get that job with Genentech do you think you could get to work on a cure for these blasted flus? I've got a really annoying one that's causing me no end of problems!

Hey, Genentech, hire Ming will ya? He's going to use the Force for knowledge on how to cure the common cold.

Then he'll get to work on those nifty cyborg limbs a'la Luke! We're all counting on you, Ming!

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Well you see I gotta cure my own little viral bug first. Then clone Shania Twain(s). Then clone my army... Maybe clone an army of Shania just to speed things up... THEN I can work on other people's biological promblem. ;)

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    HELLO!!! [echo]hello hello[/echo] Wow. Where is everyone?

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Some are in Disneyland with Angelica... I've been fighting off a bug. Weekends are usually slow too anyway. It'll pick up soon. :)

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    ahhhhh I hope Angelica is having a great time.

How goes the battle with the bug bro?

6. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Tee hee, we're all lurking ;)

7. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi again,
    Ming, I hope you're recovering from the flu - I think it's going around! When you start cloning, could you maybe clone Hayden Christensen for me? ha ha!

Greetings to Shaddowhunter, I must say while reading your post I had a shiver running down my spine ;) Hi Anasian Skywalker, how cool to have a Luke! :) Every Leia needs a Luke! Hey Matt, not to sound cheap but wasn't Alderaan one of the sweatshirts that had a reduced price? Up until recently I was making minimum wage, so I'm still trying to be money-conscious! :)

Anyway, before I feel the need to make any more smileys, I better go for now!

Jedi Librarian Anekh Alekan

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    S_M ya big tease ;)

9. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    hey Ming, hope you feel better bro! I was just fighting the bug myself earlier this week. You know what helps a little....Jamba Juice Coldbuster with Immunity...man I had a couple of those and I felt much better.

10. The_Sith_Mistress

Oct 25, 2003
    HEEEEEEEY! LDV! I am not a tease! :D I am a Sith, we are supposed to lurk in the shadows and plot...stuff!

Get better Ming!! Sleep! Sleep! And more sleep! Think Jedi thoughts cause those guys never get sick!

11. ShaddowHunter

ShaddowHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2001
    [out of the shaddows]You have nothing to fear from me, I can assure you Leia. [bows head]

On the contrary, my dearest Sith Mistress... Not only Sith hide in the shadows. For those whose kingdom is the Shadows [bows head] mine for instance, the Sith have no other alternative but to hide in my kingdom. Of course, I allow it, for the purpose of balance, and balance only. ;)

Be well Ming. For I see you feeling well enough to take on a Garrison of Stormtroopers yourself and being victorious.

Good night all, for I must make my rounds *lurking* in the shadows, championing those who commit the unjustices.

**poof**

12. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    ShaddowHunter, feel free to lurk in our sector of space any time. (I also get chills down my spine when I read his posts, LeiaAsylum) ;)

Ming and everyone else with the bug, feel better soon!

Let's see, Luke has a Leia, Vader has a Sith Mistress, this Tionne needs a Kam Solusar! :D

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey all, my throat is killing me! Yo Mike, I'm sorry I missed your party bro, I'm sure it was ace. I was looking forward to using up all the bloody D&B tickets I've been holding on too! Ah well, we'll do some celebrating this weekend at our meeting for all the b-days in Feb and one the ones we didn't get the chance to celebrate in Jan. :)

Shaddow Hunter! My creepy, creepy friend, thanks for keeping an eye out. I know I feel safer with two Rogue Groups (SV Rogue Force and my own Rogue Squadron) and now the Shaddow Hunter patroling our sector of space!

LVD, see... I told ya it was just slow. Once Matt, Erick and Dale get back it'll get busier. In fact I think we'll be getting a lot busier fast... ;)

LeiaAsylum! Good, they didn't scare you off! :) I was getting worried there. It's gonna be an honor to met you come Sunday. It'll be good to have some fresh faces in the club!

As for my being sick here's the dl (down low): *lights dim as the holographic projection of what's going on starts*

At this moment, B-lymphocytes are launching anitbodies binding to epitotes to assist overwhelmed T-cells against my viral invaders in a defensive screen and holding there own.

*switches holo display* Apparently an airborn toxin maybe responsible for weaking my internal defense along my brochial tubes lining into my lungs which would explain my coughin up of blood 5 standard days ago (which hasn't happened since but at the time was cause for concern). The pain receptors are still firing however due to damage incured prior which make ingestion very painful.

*turns on a display of new holo-projections* Regardless a counter offensive in a mixture of cough suppressent squadrons, Vick's Cholraseptic attack wings, in conjuntion with my own local internal defense forces and the occasion Jedi healing trance should break the viral picket lines and destroy it's ability to attack further. The enemies total defeat is estimated to be with in the next 3 standard days if not sooner unless something unforseen occurs. *ends holographic projection*

In other words: I'm sick and on the mends... :)
    Now isn't that the most orderly and exciting way of telling some one your having a cold you have ever heard?! ;)

14. The_Sith_Mistress

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah Leia! I hope to see ya at the meeting! Us female fans are few and far between! :D

Lord Shadowhunter... I can't believe you are aiding the Jedi in bringing balance! When you should be trying to build up the sith empire ;)

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    LOL @ Ming's account of his cold! Only another bio major can truly appreciate all that detail. Even when you are sick you still keep your awesome sense of humor.

May the Force be with you my friend.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Now you can probably understand why the X-wing Rogue Squadron series are some of my favorite books! lol... I should do all my presentations for club meetings in power point and say everything in military slang just to make it orderly. Though everyone will think I'm insane, become frightened, and the club will be in ruins... haha... Though Matt is probably the one to do the Admiral Ackbar impersonation better than myself. :)

Speaking of books, I just finished the New Jedi Order series! All of them! Finally... I think the whole SW universe it wrapped up pretty nicely in this series and only a hardened SW EU veteran would understand every reference made in the entire series. Not that you need to read every book in EU ourside of NJO, but it helps. ;) NJO Traitor is by far my favorite Star Wars novel now. The Force is taken to a whole new level ladies and gentlemen! It's even more than the Living Force... It's the Unifying Force. Man our recent diplomatic event so much reminds me of the Galactic Alliance! And there's someone who I think is alot like Nom Anor... ;)

The scale of battles is also insane in these books. THOUSANDS of ships at a time... not just a hundred or so... Even though Chewie died it was bound to happen to one of the main characters. Approximately 365 Trillion people died over 5 years. I wonder what the figure is for the Clone Wars or even the Galactic Civil War.

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Ah, yes, we must plot true order, but he order of the Sith. These Puny Jedi and there Hippie ways will soon be over.

18. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    "Hippie ways?" Ouch!! Them's fightin' words I reckon! :)

19. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Actually I also wanted to say that I loved Ming's presentation about his illness - I wish all my past science classes had been that informative and interesting! Oh, and never fear - I taught 7th grade for 2 years, and ever since I have not been easy to scare ;) Er, until I met Shaddow LOL

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    7th grade...wow, brutal. I have repressed memories about 7th and 8th grades.

Ming, any chance on you helping me study for a midterm or two? ;) hee hee hee

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hippie Jedi... You mistake me for the Jedi of old, bald one. It's a New Jedi Order, and if anything your thinking of Qui Gon John. :p

Yep, I was really bored when I wrote that... I didn't expect anyone else to actually follow what the hell I was saying! haha... I actually have my own midterm to prepare for but if anyone has biotech inquires I'm well trained. :)

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    New Jedi Order, you mean Star Wars The Next Generation?

In the end, we all go into Darkness. [face_devil]

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Never use the phrasing again... You insult us. :mad:

24. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    To answer tour question, Anne, the Alderaan sweatshirt is $54 instead of the usual $60.

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Never use the phrasing again... You insult us.

LOL.

See, you foster hatred in your heart already....

The path is before you Ming, unleash the Darkness within.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.