main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi all

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by adx, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Just wanted to say hi to all of you guys.. i used to be on this site quite a bit but then left and now I am back as i want a new place to talk about different things.. hope to make some new friends here.

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Welcome back adx.

Is there something specific you wanted to talk about?

3. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Well i posted a thread about starcraft in the gaming section hopefully some of you play that still.. will work my way around the boards. Is there still a place around here for some good old fashioned debate? And are any of you guys in the medical field?

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    No, I hate having to look at blood and that sort of stuff.

Welcome back, anyways.

5. CorellianRose

CorellianRose Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2008
    Welcome back to the boards!

Good old fashioned debate? Depends on what you are interested in.

If you're an OT fan come and join the rebellion rebellion

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, yeah. Join the Rebellion, Defeat the Empire. That should be the new motto...

7. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi! Welcome back! You know where to ask if you need help, and as always, you're welcome to stick around WNU and hang out with the really cool people. :D

Trika

8. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes.. i at least think this forum board will be better then the other one that i was frequenting.. is there a place in here with general chit chat.. I got flamed majorly at my other boards and decided to start fresh with something else i love starwars :)

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Try the JCC; however, they are a little sour and a few will bite your head off if you bug them. Did I discourage you? Hopefully not.

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Ahh, I see you've found this forum already!

Lots of nice people here to help point you in the right direction and answer your questions! :)

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Yes! Like the good General Kenobi said, we're here to help you out and answer all of your questions here in WNU. Have you checked out the Official Welcome? That sort of lays out some good places to start getting a feel for the boards again. And, if you feel a little lost, check out Newbie Adoptions. You can get adopted by an oldbie "master" of the JC who will show you around and make sure that all of your questions are answered! :)

12. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Ya i have a couple of these welcome threads going.. there is one in the JCC that i have been talking to some people through.. Can someone point me through to the thread about posting pictures and requirements and regulations revolving around it?

13. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Check out the quick reference to markup codes. It's just its own markup in the format section of the reply page, just above the message box. And, as always, if you're looking to make sure you've done something right, hit that "preview" button before you "post reply," and you'll see if you did the markup correctly. If you need more practice, there's a whole thread for practicing your markups, too. :)

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back Adx! :)

By the quick start you did in the last days, it seems that you have falling in love deeply. I really hope you enjoy it a lot and don't forget, if you have any questions - now or later -, come back and ask us. We're here to help you. :)

Speaking about questions, in addition to Trika's post above, I would like to add a rule thread. There you can read what kind of pics are allowed and which ones not. Mostly it's ok, if the pic is family-friendly, but I would be carefully with posting tons of pics in one post or quoting them, because some user are still using slow internet connections and that would the page hard to read.

Does that and Trika's post answer your question? :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around. :)

15. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Yes.. and another quick question is there a way that i can set active topic notification to email me once.. I get 20 messages when my topic has been updated.. just need one. also is there a way to find out which members live close to me? Or would the best way be to start a thread in JCC?

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    For finding users who live near you, I'd suggest going to your local or regional Fan Force forum. Those are the people most interested in meeting up with other SW fans.

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know of any chance to set the ATN to just one email. The best what you can do is first create your own folder in your local mail-program for those ATNs, so they don't mix up the normal mails, or second to add that board to your favorite lists, especially if it's not just one single thread, of course. :)

I saw that you got linked to the pacific region in FFComms. Did that one help you? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.