main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi and a plea for help. Call it a quest.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Johan22, May 14, 2016.

1. Johan22

Johan22 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    Hey guys, longtime site viewer but my message board days are about a decade behind me. I actually created this account just so I could ask if anyone could help with this itch I'm trying to scratch.

Recently I was playing around with the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, reminiscing on old sites I used to visit in the mid-late 90s when I was a teenager. Nintendo, IGN, the Star Wars Hasbro page, etc.

This got me around to searching the archive and finding the old Toshi Station site and their Wookie Theatre (Link). But there's one other site I used to go to back then that seemed to only briefly exist and I remember enjoying. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Basically, it was a web comic series that someone put together using the Kenner POTF figures. I don't remember how I found out about the site: it could have been an offhand mention in the Star Wars Insider or maybe someone mentioned it on some other fansite's board. My hope is that if I can figure out what it was called, at the very least, I can follow a trail of crumbs back to it in the Wayback Machine and see if my fond but limited memory of this site holds up, assuming any of the images are archived.

Like I said, any help would be much appreciated. Help a guy piece together a 20 year memory.

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Any more details? I think I've heard something similar but need more details.

3. Johan22

Johan22 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    Eh, honestly, not much. It seemed to be a fairly popular fan project for maybe a year or so, maybe in 1998. All still images. I remember some of the "comics" being reenactments of scenes from the movies but with alternate, crass dialogue. An image of the garbage compactor comes to mind. There was definitely a christmas comic and I think one where a new figure shows up in their packaging and it's a big deal. Part of the problem, I guess, is that there's every possibility that my brain has combined the original memories with 20 years of Robot Chicken, an increasingly large amount of fan stuff online, and probably even Wookie Theatre.

It's a stretch, I know. I'm feeling pretty hopeful right now because the this reminiscing inspired me to search for and ultimately find a friend I haven't seen since 2000. But this may be even harder than finding someone named "Dave Johnson" on Facebook... lol

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard! :)

I can't link you, but it might be worth to re-ask your question at the FanFic area. There are people who enjoy alternative stories and might remember what you are looking for.

Best you ask one of the mods by PM beforehand to avoid misunderstandings.

Good luck and it would be cool, if you post here again when you've found it. I'm curious what it is. :)

5. Johan22

Johan22 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2016
    I appreciate it - I'll let you know if anyone over there has anything in their back pocket.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Cool! :)

Btw, it's not necessary to quote me, if I have posted at the same page. Then tagging (add an @ infront of the username like in Johan22) is enough. Helps to keep threads readable - especially on smaller screens like mobile phones. :)