main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi / ANH Screening

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jonny_Venus, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonny_Venus

Jonny_Venus Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2010
    Hi. I've been checking out this site for forever but just registered now. I have a specific thing I'm looking for right now so if anyone has an idea where specifically to post such a thing, please let me know.

Anyway I would love to see the original Star Wars on the big screen. I wonder if there is a centralized place that might keep tabs on such events and figured if there was it would either be here or be known by people here. My kid is just about old enough for Star Wars now and if I could take him to a theater, it would really be great. so that's what I'm looking for.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hi!

There really isn't a place where we keep tabs on such things, but you probably could find a screening of the original movie (or other two OT movies) somewhere. It might not be in your area, though.

3. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hello and welcome to the forums, Jonny! :)

There is no central place to find such information on this site as far as I know, but there might be a way for you to find out through other fans in your area. We have lots of local fan clubs called "FanForce". Depending on where you live, there might be a group near you that knows all about Star Wars activities in your vicinity. :D

You can find links to all FanForce forums through the main page, just click on the link that says "FanForce: [your region here]".

Good luck! [face_good_luck] I never saw the classic trilogy on the big screen myself, I bet it's a great experience! :D

4. Jonny_Venus

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks guys ... I'll check around. Now that you mention it, it's been a long time since I saw it on the big screen myself, so I guess I have personal reasons to go on this quest as well!

If all else fails I do have the DVD the original - or closer to the original - cut.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    One of the times I was alerted to an Original Trilogy screening, it was Twentieth Century Fox that told me, so you could write/email them and ask to be kept informed.

6. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I could be mistaking but I believe TFN also announces those, cause I recall reading something about a screening in the headlines at the bottom of the forum. It's probably when someone in the group is in the know that the staff is made aware of it though.

Still, welcome to the forums!

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! Like the others have said, it's probably best to check with the Fan Force in your area to see if they know anything.

In the meantime, you should stick around and hang otu on the JC! :D

8. Jonny_Venus

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks everybody. I will continue lurking at the very least!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.