main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JeffZero, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi, I'm Jeff! I posted once or twice in the ratings thread for Rebels a few months ago, but only to offer my understanding on how Nielsen collects viewership data and such. I wasn't really intending to stick around, but I've been lurking these great boards off and on ever since and realized I stuck around after all. Figured I would introduce myself.

I first saw Star Wars when I was about four years old. They were airing the trilogy on TV in honor of ANH's 15th anniversary. I was already a Star Trek fan (TNG and DS9 started around then, and they were always on, and I loved 'em) so despite all the disputes between the franchise fandoms I was just a little kid who was ecstatic to see more space stuff.

To say that they've influenced me ever since would be an understatement. My passions, my outlooks, my life goals, they've all been shaped in part by the great saga. And while I've regretfully never fully leapt into my love of the films via joining local groups or anything, I've met some fine folks who are into it enough to be part of the 501st and whatnot, and man, what a cool way of expressing one's enjoyment.

I'm a third-year anthropology student always seeking to help restore peace and balance to this crazy world we live in. And I do fun swordfighting tournament stuff specializing in Tai Chi style, although in the back of my mind somewhere I'm always pretending that sword is a bit... glowier, haha.

Don't want to ramble on, but I did want to say hello! Thanks for having a neat community, and I'll try to post more in the future.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well welcome and you will find me around.

JeffZero likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to the Boards, JeffZero.

Be interested to see swordfighting in Tai Chi style! Something new to try an find on Youtube.

JeffZero likes this.
  4. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    Hopefully you find something good on there! As far as I know it's a somewhat rare form originating in Cantonese culture. Lots of "energy" (chi) manipulation is involved. Lots of mind tricks. Lots of waviness and bending around and stuff. Not a whole lot of sword clashing. When we strike it's intended to hit. :p It's really fun. Bewilders the heck outta people!

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, sir. Welcome. :) I was a Trekker before I came to really like SW as well. The fandom factions are silly. Nothing wrong with liking both. :D

JeffZero likes this.
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It'll be cool, if you post more, JeffZero! You'll see, the more you get involved the more fun it is. :D

Enjoy your stay and ask, if you have questions. :)

JeffZero likes this.