main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi everyone. Any tips for this?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Rock Nightshifter, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Hi there. I'm new to this. Anybody have tips for this. My whole family loves Star Wars. My wife and sons are all fans. Thanks.

2. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Welcome to the boards Rock Nightshifter!! I can only lend you advice that I take myself...

1. Be yourself.
    2. Don't be afraid to speak up... chances are there are 3 or 4 of us thinking the same thing as you!
    3. Pick & choose... You don't have to comment on everything - pick things you think you'll like from the title, read a few pages of the posts and see if you want to respond...
    4. Piggyback... There's lots of smart and passionate people here... don't be afraid to piggyback on other people's ideas, or lend kudos if you think someone's done a really nice job of moving the conversation forward...

Have a great time... we'll see you out there...

3. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Well, these forums are very nice. I have been here for a short while, and they are 10x better than any other forum I've been on. There is no flaming, trolling, etc.
    Don't be afraid to voice your opinion; people in general are really quite nice.
    I hope you enjoy your stay :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There is trolling and flaming and then the culprits are beaten with a ban stick.

Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you. Get involved, have a brilliant go of it, and should you require any assistance, just @.tag us in here. This thread is your personal tech support area.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Rock Nightshifter! :)

My suggestions would be:

1. Be yourself and be friendly - everything else you'll learn by try and error (or if you prefer avoiding mistake: ask whenever you have a question)
    2. Check out all boards, since otherwise you might miss a great one! Take a bit time for this.
    3. Make your family sign up here as well - there are so many boards, you'll visit different ones mostly (unless you are really interested in the exact same details ;) ).
    4. HAVE FUN!! :D

See you around! :)