Oregon Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JadenSkywalker, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, I think I might have found one, they're building a Costco, dont know if those are nation wide, big warehouse of food, anyway, they'll be hiring soon, so I think I might apply, though i wouldnt be working till the start of school but who cares. ;) at least its something.
  2. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow! There is actually something happening up here.

Hello! I'm from Dallas, OR (15 miles west of Salem) so Portland isn't that far away. I think it would be great if there was Ep. 2 screening, but only if you invited me too. I have 3 years of high school left, so to go I'll probably end up begging my mom and then she will drive me. As for weather...it's hot. I usually remember a bit more rain than what we've been having. Very pretty though. If you want to find me on the JC boards I'll mostly be in the EUC. I'll talk to you guys later. I rarely check this place.
  3. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well check it more often :p ;)

*checks her last post* wait, im retarded, duh you know what costco is. for some reason I thought i was in another forum. bah, not getting enough sleep em I.
  4. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    XCountryJedi, just put this board in your "Favorite Boards" list by clicking on it and selecting the "Add to Favorites" tab near "Post New Topic" and "Create Poll". Then, whenever you go to the main page, it'll be there, and when you see an exclamation point next to it, you'll know there's been activity here. :)

Melann, pardon me for my "lack of vision", but I never realized you were a girl until I read yor last post! I never thought to check your profile. [face_blush] Some mod I am! [face_laugh]

I'm sure you didn't have any trouble figuring out my gender from my username. :D
  5. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    heh Im to lazy to put this board in my favorite list, I usually just head to my recent posts and see if there's any activity in the threads I post to.

hehe, dont feel to embarrased, I havent met one person, I believe, on these boards that didnt think I was a guy. Plus my name being Bret in real life, so Im used to it. ;)
  6. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think your Boba Fett icon may have been what made me think you were the fit the standard "mold" for bein a SW fan: Teen, male, computer nerd, likes Boba Fett and Darth Maul, hates Jar Jar and ewoks, etc. ;)
  7. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Boba Fett is just my favorite character, and I like the ewoks..... hehe ;)

Oh well, I enjoy confusing people, ive been doing it my whole life.

Well off to dance camp :p hopefully itll be fun, but see ya all later.
  8. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Have fun! Wish I could be there...I could use a few lessons in dancing. ;)
  9. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I guess you could say I had fun, but it was tiring (is that a word?) but yeah its not a camp in learning how to dance, its a camp set up for highschool dance teams, so you learn four routines in four days and are expected to have them down perfectly on the last day to preform them. Im still sore from it.

Man I so want to see Final Fantasy, but no one will go with me :(
  10. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanx Nathan! I never knew. ,: )
  11. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Melann, well, I'd go with you, but I've been pretty busy myself, I don't live that close to you, and I don't think your dad would approve of a SW geek you met on the Internet going out for a movie with you. ;)
  12. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFLMAO whats funny about that is my dad would just dismiss it and my mom wouldnt really care. My parents are wierd. But thanx for offering anywho ;)

Im trying to get my brother to go, but he's seen it twice already and all my friends arent to much into the sci-fi thing. Oh well, I just hate seeing movies by myself.
  13. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I don't see a lot of movies (in theaters) myself, but occasionally there'll be a good one, like The Emperor's New Groove or a SW movie. :D
  14. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I finally went and saw it, eh it was pretty good, but it easily couldve been an hour longer, and much better at that. But I guess theres not to many people whod sit through a 3 or more hour Sci-Fi movie.

Now i just want to see Jurassic Park III ;)
  15. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You don't want to see Planet of the Apes? How about Lord of the Rings? :D
  16. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    AI was so sad. I was trying not to cry through the entire thing. :_| :D Still it was a good movie. I liked Teddy. He was a super toy and he sewed himself up when he needed mending. It was funny to watch him.
  17. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I haven't seen it, but I heard some users on TPM board comparing Teddy to Jar Jar (they compare every mildly successful film to TPM and it gets a little tiring). What do you think about their similarities or lack thereof?
  18. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I want to see those two :p, theres just to many good, or interesting looking movies coming out this summer, and me with no money :(
  19. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    They are not that similar. Teddy and Jar Jar are definatly not alike. They are both the comedy of the films, but Teddy doesn't have the racial slur problem. Teddy is actually cute, and no way near as clumsy. Teddy was the best part of AI, while Jar Jar is probably the worst part of SW. The timeline of AI spands a lot longer than TPM too. There is a 2000 year jump if anyone wants to know.
  20. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well you just ruined it for me :p ;) j/k

Well saw Jurassic Park yesterday, and can I say that was heck of a lot better than II. I is definetly the best, followed closely by III, II trails far far behind.
  21. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm going to see that this Thursday with the Chess Club. Can't wait! :D
  22. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    hehe, now i going again tomorrow, all my friends wanted to see it I guess, so we're going to get a huge group, itll be fun.
  23. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I'd love to get a big group together from my church to see Ep. II, but I don't know how many people would be interested.
  24. Melarn Tecc Jedi Master

star 4
    lol, yes theres not to many of us star wars freaks, so to say ;) I think Im the only one in my school thats proud to say she like Star Wars, everyone else likes to hide it. Most of my friends hate it, oh well their loss. :)
  25. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I know what you mean. I know only three SW fans (in their teens, I didn't count five-to-twelve-year-olds [face_laugh] ) at my church. All the rest either don't like it or are what I call "closet SW fans", meaning they only talk about SW when a new movie comes out, at which point they'll gladly sit in line for tickets and go to the very first (midnight) showing. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.