main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JH24, Feb 19, 2017.

1. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you all.

I'm not very good with introductions but I just wanted to say hi. I've always been a fan of science-fiction in the past but for some reason I never was able to get into Star Wars. Even though I was familiar with some characters like the iconic and unforgettable Darth Vader. I even got a DVD Star Wars set around 10 years ago for my birthday and I never even watched it. * Hangs head in shame *

Until a few weeks ago that all changed, in a kind of weird way. Watching some video's on Youtube I suddenly got a video suggestion for Star Wars Rebels. It featured Vader against two characters I never saw before. I really liked how they portrayed Vader and was very impressed with the atmosphere, especially for a cartoon. Then I started looking up more video's with Vader in it from Rebels, like the Ashoka vs. Vader duel, the re-introduction of Maul and before I knew it the series had me intrigued.

From one thing comes another and within a week I felt myself completely immersed in the Star Wars universe. I began watching the DVD's I got so long ago, checked out the background of the Clone Wars series, started watching other episodes of Rebels, watched most of the other movies I had, and so on. I can't believe I missed out on so much of the fun stuff within Star Wars. For years I always felt the Star Wars universe was just not my thing. Looking back, I couldn't have been more wrong.

And so in the past few weeks I've caught up with the movies and now I really want to watch Rogue One. Hopefully I can buy the DVD in March, I have no way to watch it in theaters.

And that's kind of my story on how I got into Star Wars. I came across this forum about a week or two ago and I really like the atmosphere and feeling of this community. It's always nice to have a place where you can share your thoughts and experiences with fellow fans and members.

My apologies for the long story. Thank you for reading.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the boards. :)

Have you caught up on all the Rebels episodes? I think it's very well done, and is only getting better as it progresses.

Please let us know if we can help you find your way around.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow that's an interesting experience.:)
    Welcome to the forums, we have a lot of experts here that will answer any questions you have.:D

4. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Thank you, Lady Belligerent and ConservativeJedi321!

I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but I'm (mostly) familiar with the storyline until episode 15 in season 3. Yeah, I have the same impression, it's getting better and better. I love how they're adding all those characters we see later on in the movies. I'm kind of doubting if I should watch the remaining episodes every week or wait and watch them together after the finale.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. :)

5. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
  6. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Hello Jar-Jar Binks, thanks for the reply. :)

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard JH24. Let's us know if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    A warm welcome to the boards JH24!! [face_party] I'm also a latecomer to SW, went my whole childhood without it, only becoming a fan in the past few years. That's what's great though; never too late to be a fan. In fact, better now with so much SW stuff happening! :)

TCW gets better as it goes along & is really worth watching, especially if you need a SW fix after your done catching up on Rebels. :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask around. Hope to see you on the boards! :D

9. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    @ Bazinga'd and Valency Jane

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

@ Valency Jane : I'm definitely interested in checking out TCW later on. Thanks!

Valency Jane and Bazinga'd like this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Just so you know Tags don't work if you put a space between the @ and the user name.:)

Bazinga'd likes this.
  11. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Helloooooo!

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome, and I hope you stick around. I hope this is not a fleeting passion!! Mines lasted 40 years this year! :p

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have a new fan.

14. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    ConservativeJedi321 Thanks for the advice. I had no idea it worked like that.

Halle Dray Adalia-Durron MrMojoRisin

Thank you for all the for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

I was wondering, is there a search function on this forum? I probably overlooked it but I can't seem to find it.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The search function has been disabled. There is a thread about it and a work around for the issue here.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  16. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Bardan_Jusik

Thanks for the reply and for the link. I'll check it out.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Hi there! Welcome to the boards.

If you're interested in training in the ways of the Dark Side (and the cookie side :p), you can join us over in the EUC section in The Sith Empire. It's like a social and gaming forum rolled into one. You get to be apprenticed to one of our Masters there and complete assignments to rise in rank and power.

p.s. Did I mention we have cake and pizza, too?

Happy posting!

18. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Welcome! I suggest joining the Sith Empire, it's a fun thread you should check out, press the 'The Sith Empire' in my signature to get there quickly!

19. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Greetings. I too share the shame of not giving Star Wars a chance. I just never took any interest until was introduced to General Grievous.
    Rogue One was a good film. I saw it in 3D and it definitely keeps your attention.
    Anyway, welcome to the board. I have found this to be a very fun and very active community like none I have ever seen before. I think you'll enjoy yourself here.