main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi, fellow fans!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by D.A. McCoy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Hi, everyone! My name is D.A. McCoy. I've been a massive Star Wars fan all my life (my parents were huge fans who passed their love of Star Wars down to me). I was in elementary school when the Prequel Trilogy came out, so I love them as much as the originals, even though I have some of the same issues with parts of them that a lot of fans do. For me, all 6 Star Wars movies are really fun adventures which were the center of my childhood, and they continue to fill me with happiness today.

I'm currently in college as a cinema major. I'm also interested in a lot of TV and Video Games as well.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the Expanded Universe, as I never really got into it except for a couple of the video games and the original 2003 Clone Wars show. Perhaps what I regret most is not watching the 2008 Clone Wars show. I saw the pilot movie and wasn't impressed, but recently after hearing it got better than that I watched two or three episodes on Television and was really impressed. I went ahead and ordered the blu ray box set a couple days ago and am planning to watch it this summer when I get home. (It's coming to Netflix, but with the box set I get a better 1080p picture than what my internet provides and I like bonus features). I also started playing The Old Republic, which is really fun.

So in conclusion, I've become really excited about Star Wars again after becoming involved with Clone Wars, TOR, and all this speculation around Episode VII, so I thought I'd join! Thanks for reading! I'm excited to have finally joined!

2. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Welcome! What shows and games you play?

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  3. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Thanks! I play a lot of different games, anything really story driven. Some of my favorites include the Myst series, The Ace Attorney series, The Legend of Zelda series, Final Fantasty, etc. as well as less known games like The Journeyman Project and the Dark Fall series.
    I like a lot of point-and-click games. Like I said, I also just started playing The Old Republic and it's really fun! It's taken up way too much of my time this week!

TV wise, I tend to like Mysteries. I loved shows like LOST and the X-Files. I enjoyed the original Law & Order (hence my name) and comedies like Arrested Development and Frasier.

4. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    To this forum, I welcome you :)

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It's been a long time since I've heard anyone mention The Journeyman Project! Buried in Time was one of the first adventure games I ever played, sometime back in my preteen years at the home of a little boy I babysat. You have good taste!

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  6. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014

Thanks! Yeah, Buried in Time is a fantastic game!

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    D.A. McCoy I love the name! I've watched a lot of Law & Order myself over the years, so I'm glad to see another fan around here.

I hope you find this place to be an enjoyable experience/that you stick around.

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  8. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the forum, D.A McCoy!

You'll fit right in here with the rest of us loons fans, so thank you for a great insight into your lifestyle and loves.

Enjoy your time here on the boards!

:D

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  9. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Thanks! Yeah I really liked the original, especially the early years (which I watched years later on DVD).

Thanks!

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    D.A. McCoy - Welcome aboard. Film studies are fascinating. Early cinema is possibly one of my favorite subjects to study. Hopefully, you get involved here and stick around. If you run into any issues, do not hesitate to @.tag one of us in here. And, Jack McCoy is my hero. And by my "hero" I mean solely that when there is nothing else to watch on television I can count on him being there. All day. Every day. :p

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  11. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Thanks! I'll be sure to do that if I have any issues.

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome D.A. McCoy! :)

You seem to fit in very well. Don't miss to join our various social threads. There you can talk a lot about (almost) everything you like to and maybe playing some games? That's a lot fun as well.

Take a look around and ask, if you can't find, what you're looking for. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  13. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Welcome to the boards. :D

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  14. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Thanks, Skiara and Sithaldo! I'll be sure to check out all the social threads.

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ^that will give you something to do for a while. ;)

D.A. McCoy and DarthTunick like this.
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    D.A. McCoy - I saw you on another board and meant to mention it, but I also dig the screenname. Huge Sam Waterston and L&O fan myself.

Cheers, enjoy yourself here.

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  17. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014

Hi, Thanks! Do you mean another forum/section on theforce.net or another website?

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! In case you haven't found it yet, Games seems like it would be right up your alley. Please don't hesitate to ask questions!