main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi, fellow SW fans!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JRB, May 14, 2015.

1. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Hello everybody,

My name is Jordi and I'm a 21 years old Star Wars fan from the Netherlands.
    With Episode 7 arriving next winter, I'm of course very excited and a little bit more into Star Wars than usual. I started watching SW when I was about 8 years old. My dad showed me the original trilogy and since then SW never stopped fascinating me.

I joined this forum to maybe participate in some of the discussions that I find interesting and also to expand my knowledge about the awesome universe of SW.

Kind regards,
    Jordi

StoryWorthTelling likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, Jordi. :)

Do you have any areas of particular interest?

3. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Hi! Good question.. I don't really know actually but I think that it might develop when my knowledge about SW expands. Just like probably all of you, I've watched all the movies a lot of times.. but unlike most of you (I think) I don't really know anything apart from the movies. I haven't yet read comics or read into more of the saga and stuff.. but I would really love to do that and that's also one of the reasons why I joined this forums. Do you, or does anyone else maybe know what would be a good/fun addition to the original 6 movies? ^^

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well, first question: Do you care about 'canon'? I don't but many here act like it's the end all of SW. If you want the 'now' official line things are fairly limited yet. If you don't mind labels there's like 1000s of stories. :D

Post RotJ most now discount due to the new films (again I don't because Post RotJ books made me a fan).

5. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Well I don't care that much about Canon because I just want to plunge myself some more into the SW universe. SW: The Clone Wars & Rebels are two series I didn't watch yet so I may do that soon. And how about comics/books? Can I read them online?

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I believe you can the comics with a subscription.

Several novels are also now available as ebooks. The Thrawn Trilogy and The Jedi Academy Trilogy both take place shortly after RotJ. I'd suggest giving both a try. Many here put the first on a pedestal and trash the other. I have read both and prefer the latter but I'm odd round these parts. :p

7. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Ah nice, going to get into that!

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hello and Welcome.

9. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Thanks Fett!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! Since you're into the books and comics, I recommend checking out the http://boards.theforce.net/forums/literature.10003/]Literature[/url] forum. There are threads in there that can give you advice about where to start! (Though I would second the recommendation of the Thrawn trilogy.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!