main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi, folks (new to forums in general)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Pensivia, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi there...I've been an occasional lurker over the years. SW has always had a special place in my heart as I grew up with it beginning with seeing Ep 4 when it was first released. If I had to choose just one of the six films as my ultimate fave, I'd have to go with Revenge of the Sith (I especially love Padme's Mustafar scene and never get tired of watching the fight between Anakin and Obi Wan!). I am only familiar with the films and with the "Battlefront" video game (in addition to the "Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game" I had as a kid, of course!).

I'm new to internet forums in general, so I hope any newbie faux pas I make will be forgiven :) Not sure how much time I'll have to post at least for the next couple of weeks or so (super busy with work right now), but for some reason didn't want to wait to join!

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello and welcome! Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Star Wars film too :) General Grievous was the best part of it in my opinion, especially the Obi-Wan and Grievous fight scene. Have you played any of the Battlefront games? I think they're probably the best Star Wars games, besides The Old Republic.

If you have any questions or need help finding anything on the site, just ask us here and we'd be happy to help. I hope you enjoy it here! :)

Ananta Chetan and Pensivia like this.
  3. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, Pensive Padme (love the name and Av!). =D=

'Revenge Of The Sith' is my favourite of the 6 as well - lots of brilliant, tense, emotional and exciting moments in there.

[​IMG]

Glad you made the time to join, and hopefully we'll see you around the different threads more often - it's too adictive to leave once you take your first steps into a much larger world here! :D

4. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks, for the welcome, Jordan! I also really like the Obi/Grievous fight (though I think they should've kept Grievous's extra arms in there for longer...). I have played all of the various locales in Battlefront II, but haven't tried the Old Republic.

See you around the forum...

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  5. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, JGG! I definitely can see the potential "addiction" factor...I like how when you log in, you immediately see "Alerts" for replies/likes/points etc. Somehow I'm already a Padawan, so I guess I'm on my way... (Oh, and I feel honored to get an "applause" emoticon already! :) )

See you around the forum!

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    It's had a revamp of recent times, and it's really good now, a lot more user friendly.

If you're around here as much as the rest of us loonies crazies fans, you'll be up the ranks to Jedi Knight in time!

And if you're happy with the "applause" emoticon, try this one [face_party] to celebrate your joining!

See you around the boards Padme! :)

Pensive Padme likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  8. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Great screen name and profile picture!

Welcome!!

This place is a lot of fun - when you encounter internet snarkiness (no forum is immune), just laugh it off. There's more cool people here than not.

9. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    welcome aboard the crazy train PP :D look forward to seeing you around

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome aboard.

11. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks, everyone!!!

12. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome!

I agree with Son of a Bith. I am a member of several forums and this is by far the friendliest!

This thread is great for getting your "beginner" questions answered. Have fun!

Sent from my mobile desk via R3-S12

Son of a Bith and Pensive Padme like this.
  13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Pensive Padme! :)

I can assure you, as long as you're giving your best to behave well, you don't have to worry. We are all human people and so mistakes are natural. You'll learn the ins and outs of the forum very fast. In case you have questions, don't hesitate to ask us, ok? :)

I've already a small advice: Above you have posted twice in a row to be able to quote the posters above. On the one hand you don't need to use the quote function all the time - especially not when the reffered post is on the same page as your answer, and on the other hand you can add multiple quotes to one post. Just hit "reply" of the posts you like to quote, they will add in hitted order to your post. That's avoid spammy posts. In case they are on different pages, you need to do a "work around" by "mark all" and "copy" your post. Then you go to the next page and insert ("paste") your copied post to the post field again. Then you can continue hitting "reply".

Just don't forget to delete the unimportant parts - otherwise your post will get really big very fast.

If you like to test it, feel free to use this thread or the MUC thread. :)

I hope you find more time to post here than you've expected when writing your intro post. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Skiara: Thanks for the tips...will do!

Edit: Where is the "mark all" command you mentioned? I don't see it in the options box at the top...

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome. :)

The "mark all" command isn't anything you can find at the tool bar. It's a shortcut. Just go into the field you like to mark (like the place where you write your posts), then hit "ctrl + a" on your keyboard. Then you should see that everything is marked. For copying you need to hit "ctrl + c" and for pasting "ctrl + v". Does this help? :)

16. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Oh, ok, I see what you mean now...thx!

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome once more. ;) :)

18. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    If you want e-adopting Padme to make your time on the boards easier, let me know and I'll "adopt" you and take care of you around the Forum and show you around more if you want it. :)

19. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yay! Thanks so much General Gelderd...will send you a PM now... :)

Skiara: I'm officially adopted now!

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Concrats, Padme and Gelderd! It's pretty cool. :D
    I'll add you to the list in adoption as soon as I'm back on my computer. :)

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Welcome to the Boards @Pensivia. Oh, how SW has changed since we joined this place. :p

BookExogorth and Pensivia like this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Relevant to a conversation in the PT interview thread. ;)

BookExogorth and Pensivia like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, duly noted. ;)

Pensivia likes this.
  25. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.