main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Hi from Jammies

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I?m not dead.

I?m not trying to draw attention to myself, or be an attention twi?lek, but a lot of you have pm?d or emailed?or I have posted in a thread or two that I can?t do this or that?so I figured I would just post a thread on the world of Jammies.
    Since I moved here, I have had strep about ever 3rd month. I even missed a few book clubs due to strep. So, I went to an ENT and the strep bug was actually living in my tonsils. They had to go. So, I scheduled 2.5 weeks of sick time, got some star wars audiobooks, had family come up, and on the last week of January?I went under the knife.
    Like Zannah had mentioned, it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I couldn?t eat or drink or talk. I did have pain meds, in liquid form, but they just took the edge off. This lasted 2 weeks and two days (so now we are into February, right before the release of TPM). I started to feel some better, and thought I was up to eating jello(still can?t talk at this point). An hour later my corroded artery burst. Mom called the surgeon on call, and he suggested gargling with ice to stop the bleeding.

(It gets Death Troopers gross after this)

It did not stop the bleeding. I did, however, start to clot. The blood clot in the back of my mouth went from the size of a small dot to a Kennedy half dollar. So, now it is 4am? I?m spitting up massive amounts of blood?and mom calls the on call surgery again to prep for surgery. Poor Momma Jammies, she is from small town KY and 75 and trying to drive my truck downtown asking me for directions and all I can do is point and spit up blood into a Kroger bag. At the ER, they remove the clot?it is the size of a baseball. They had to give me a ton of fluids under an IV as I lost so much blood. They also had to pump my stomach as I swallowed so much as well. To stop the bleeding, the cauterized the entire back of my throat. In other words?they took a Mandolorian flamethrower and blasted my mouth with it. So get this, as they start to put me under?I see them wheal in an HDTV with espn! I start to try to grunt what are you doing! But I fell asleep.
    I thought I felt bad before! This was so much worse! I had have my GF call into work to let them know what happened, and that I would be absent without pay (uggg). For two more weeks (uggg uggg)!
    So two weeks go by (which was two weeks ago), and I can talk some for the first time in 5 weeks. I can eat cream of wheat and Boost. I do go to work, but I just check email and such.
    Now, I just started really working again. I can talk and eat bland foods, but after 4 or 5 I am done. Still super painful, but not as bad as it was.

This Monday is my lifeday, and I can?t eat cake. Boo.

I did see TPM, and I have a cherry coke. I went on a date (weird communicate only via text messages on a date) at the RAVE. I enjoyed it, but was a disappointed with the dark screen and the blurry background. Last week, another date?this time to the Great Escape in Indiana where they advertise digital screens, and we say it again and I had my cherry coke. Completely different movie going experience. Most amazing screening ever! Everything was crisp and clear and the 3d was subtle, and the pod race was awesome. Sadly, I couldn?t eat popcorn.

While it is a while away, I don?t think I can do the book signing in Lexington. I?d want to talk and talk, and that is just way too painful?even still. Doc said it would be several weeks, and to be patient.
    I vote a Jammies can talk/it?s his lifeday event. Basically, a re-schedule of the Darth Plagius book club. As BC Co-President, I will post a date and time. It is too important a book to let pass and I wanted to talk about it. Also, if you hear the sith talk on audiobook while on narcotics, it is freaky as sith.

So that is me. Again, I don?t mean to draw attention to myself, but folks have asked and rather than try to text, email, pm, or PS3 message (you my nerfherder!) everyone?I thought I would just post here.
    I can talk some, but it is still painful. It is like doing a 5k when you haven?t left the couch?you c

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    May you heal faster and May.the Force Be With You As Well.

3. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    May you heal faster and May.the Force Be With You As Well.

4. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    glad you are finally feeling better. miss you bud

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    You've been on all our minds so thank you for taking the time to post up. Glad to hear you've finally beaten the deathtrooper plague and are on the mend...you are strong in the force.
    Yes, let's get together when you feel up to it, book discussion or no book discussion. Just let us know.

6. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I agree with Mika. we definitely need to get together, book discussion or not.

I really gotta remember to check that ps3 messenger more often...lol.

I hope you start feeling a lot better soon, and , just because we like you, Brandy and I will bake you a life day cake once you can actually eat it. Just let us know what kind you like :)

Get much better soon nerfherder, and May the Force be with you!

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks gang,

I do feel some better, but frak I hope it gets much better soon. My above post had some typos, but you get the drift.
    I will take up that offer Nerfhearder! A lifeday/book club/geek out sounds awesome. I also found some cool star wars stuff on the net-- so if anyone wants some files, bring a laptop or a flash drive.

Also, and this is odd: my phone texted everyone in the LGA at like, 11:00 a few weeks ago. I think the message was "I am old." I have no idea what that was about. I think the phone is turning Sith. So, sorry to anyone who gets 5 cents added to their bill with each text.

Right now I just get up, work, try not to talk (which is hard as my job is to talk to people) and then go back to bed. IT is getting better though.

MTFBWY

Jammies

8. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    My arms around you my Jammies.... I so feel for you right now. I actually hurt with people, I'm very empathic like that. When I was reading your post, my heart truly "felt" your pain. The good thing here is that it appears that you are finally on the mend, with no more complications in store.

A special book club meeting to discuss Plageaus is definitely called for here. Looks like it fell threw for a very good reason. You were "not" to be excluded.

Whew... oh my, I am so happy to hear that you are getting better. See you very soon my Jammies. @};-

9. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    glad you are feeling better but it would have been a lot cheaper if u just told zannah to break out the saber n use the force... on the other hand if u ever watched Luke doing lasik on family guy... that may not be the best idea lol... jk zannah

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You know-- I thought of that episode with Luke trying to do Lasic eye surgery! Funny.

Thanks for the support gang. Sadly, I do not feel any better than I did 5 weeks ago. The Dr said it just takes time to heal. Now, I feel better than I did 7 weeks ago! Dear lord, that was a nightmare. So, I can eat and talk a little, it is just painful right now.

Also, I am for reals-- hearing the Darth Plaigius Audiobook on pain meds was a trip. I yelled for my mommy.

Oh, and today is my birthday and I can't eat my cake. Boo.

\So, enough feeling sorry for myself. Thanks a lot gang. Today I did get a package from Japan-- the new Fine Molds Star Wars Kit- The Naboo Starfighter. Looks cool! Can't wait to play with chrome paint.

11. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Happy Birthday Jammies!

12. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Happy birthday to you my Jammies. We'll make it up to you. The Force Heal You .... and soon. :*

13. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Happy Birthday!

14. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    HAPPY LIFE DAY JAMMIES!!!!!! Can't wait till you're feeling better and we can celebrate![:D] [face_dancing]

15. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Happy Life Day Nerfherder!!!