main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cypess, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Cypess

Cypess Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I am so excited to be on this forum. Yesterday, I finally saw Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. I was a huge fan of the original films from George Lucas. I missed the last three, but I can change that situation.

I enjoyed the new film and will enjoy reading what others think. As we say in Massachusetts, it was a wicked cool movie.

May the force be with you :)

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards :)

I just saw the movie last night which is good considering I host the diary challenge thread. So now I don't have to worry about spoilers now

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)

3. rowan_greenleaf

rowan_greenleaf Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Hi Cypess, I also just joined and am also from Mass. Nice to meet you! n_n

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to the Boards, Cypess.

Look forward to seeing you around the site.

5. Cypess

Dec 31, 2015
    Glad to hear from you. Where is the best place on the boards for a discussion on the dark side. After seeing the film yesterday, I am very curious about the other side of the force. I remember Darth Vader clearly saying, you don't know the power of the dark side. Kylo Ren said words similar to this. Obi Wan said something similar as to its attractiveness or power, but what are the rewards? What makes it so strong? What does it offer? So, I am sure this is already being talked about so where is the best place to go?

Kylo Ren is a very interesting villain. He has more complexities than your average bad guy. I thought the actor did a fine job of conveying uncertainty, sureness, puzzlement, curiosity, confusion and so much more. He is going to be the Achilles Heel of the First Order. I wonder how to see how he lives through a day. What does he do with his time? Can guys on the dark side have fun? That temper is his other Achilles Heel. The only thing missing in this film was how these folks live, eat, sleep and otherwise carry on the basic necessities of life. We saw very little relaxation and rest going on. One big dash across the screen. I enjoyed it. I probably need to see it again as so much was happening all at once. I guess I want to get into their day to day world and see what their down time looks like. All disaster and no play is too much.

I loved Rey. She reminded me of an elf, a little pixie. So feminine but she's been struggling on her own too long Poor sad girl. Poverina

6. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I'm from Mass too!

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome!! You should definitely check out the http://boards.theforce.net/categories/star-wars-films-and-lucasfilm-projects.10822/]movies[/url] forums; I think you'll find the discussions you're looking for there.

Cypess AmidalaLover rowan_greenleaf you might all want to looking into the http://boards.theforce.net/forums/northeast-regional-discussion.10088/?prefix_id=225]Massachusetts[/url] Fan Force! It doesn't appear to be super active right now, but there only needs to be 3 people to start/restart a group ... and, conveniently, there are three of you ... :D

If you have any questions, please ask any time!

8. rowan_greenleaf

rowan_greenleaf Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015

Thanks for the welcome! :)

NYCitygurl likes this.
  9. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Okay thank you! :)

NYCitygurl likes this.
  10. Cypess

Dec 31, 2015
    I do have a follow up question. I searched the forums but cannot find a place for fans to post their review of the films. I have a blog and wrote a fan review for TFA. I'd love to post it somewhere in the forum if that is permitted. Let me know if I can share and where that is best placed.

:bb8:

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That is a good question! I recommend private messaging mavjade and A Chorus of Disapproval to talk about specifics. They're two of the movies mods and would be happy to help!

Cypess likes this.
  12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    To NYCitygurl you should listen. Meeting like minded people is really great and FanForce is a lot of fun! :D

I also can just second NYCitygurl with your question about a review. Send those mods a private message and you'll get an answer very fast. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

13. Cypess

Dec 31, 2015
    Well, I am kind of shy so as much as I am interested in a group in my area, I have no idea how to start it. I may be more comfortable talking on the forum for awhile. My karma with meeting folks from on line forums ain't so good.

I did send the message as suggested. Thanks for the direction.

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I totally understand what you mean, Cypress. Do what is best for you! :) Just in case, you might want to get in contact to other fans from your area one day, please, remember two things: first, that everything starts online and, although meetings are the aim of FanForce, we respect, if one prefers to keep it online. And second, you are welcome to send me a private message, if you need any assistance or have questions. :)

15. Cypess

Dec 31, 2015
    The first time I went to see TFA, there were two guys sitting in the best seats in the house for viewing. They looked to be about my age and I sat next to them. They were gabbing away like old fans. I almost leaned in and said hi but the shyness took over. I am a lot braver on the keyboard with strangers. Thanks for understanding. It's a thought now and maybe someday. I'll follow Yoda's advise: Do or not do there is no try.

Skiara likes this.
  16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012