main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi from Oz!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by AussieRebel, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    G'day Star Wars fans!

I'm from the south of Australia, and am greatly interested in the themes, technology and mythology of Star Wars. Over the next few weeks, you'll hopefully be able to read and take part in some interesting and dynamic posts, especially involving the early Galactic Civil War and the Jedi Purge. Hope to hear from you!

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome AussieRebel! :)

There will be...ehm... there are many interesting discussion all over the boards. And one great board you have already found. SW Saga, CT and PT are great boards to discuss the movies. :)

And if you want to discuss SW with fans from your area, you should visit the FF South Australia. It is much fun to talk and meet them online and in RL. :)

One last thing, if you aren't sure, where to post or if you have other question, please let us know. We will help you. :)

Enjoy your stay and have much fun! :D

3. DarthVader10

DarthVader10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2005
    hi and welcome to the boards.

feel free to pm me if you have questions or probelms

4. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    When I said there'd be many interesting topics, obviously I used the wrong wording. I meant that I would be posting interesting topics and that I hoped others would participate in them. I should have read it again before posting it; it did sound a bit silly.

Anyway, that's what I was meaning to say, and thankyou for welcoming me in.

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It is cool if you have so many ideas for new threads. :) But please check before posting, if there is already one with a similiar topic and if you aren't sure, ask the current mod of the board. Because otherwise (redundant) threads will be locked fast. :)

As I said above... have much fun! :)

6. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    Yes, thankyou for warning me. I have indeed read the policy and understand this. I have already posted a thread on the 'Star Wars Saga' board, concerning the early Galactic Civil War. Of coarse, I did check the first ten or so thread pages and found nothing concerning my topic.

Thankyou once again.

7. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome AussieRebel. :)

8. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    Thankyou Cloned_Sidious,

Tell me, what parts of the Saga are you particularly interested in. I'm just trying to achieve some understanding of a few boardmembers, which, I'm sure you'll agree, is perfectly usual.

Thanks again

9. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    If you want to hear my opinion, I like it as a whole. Nothing really particular. :p

10. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    Interesting reply.

I tend to veer towards the technology and the philosophy/storyline. Odd combination really, I know.

11. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    My reply was interesting? o_O

Oh right... :p

12. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    When I say 'interesting', I don't mean intellectually stimulating, rather I would have thought most people have a particular liking to an aspect of the saga. For example, I mentioned mine.

13. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, I really have so many particular things, that I can't mention them better than just by saying "all".

14. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    Yep, I understand. In reality, I suppose it is the same for me. I am generalising a lot of coarse. If you, or anyone else wants to see a few my thoughts on the Galactic Civil War, go to the 'Star Wars Saga' boards.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Tell me, what parts of the Saga are you particularly interested in.

Good question. :)

But hard to answer. There is so much I love of SW. But I think the main thing is the mythology, like for you, and theme about friendship and honor. :)

Oh, and you are welcome. Glad you read the TOS. :)
    There are many new users who seem to miss reading it.

16. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, have fun!

17. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey!

I'm from Aus too! You should check out our Oceania Forum, its lots of fun and insanity!

Welcome!

18. Sango71104

Sango71104 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Welcome to the JC! :D
    If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
    ~Sango

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Welcome you picked the perfect time to join Aussie,the Dark Side is in the air :D [face_dancing]

20. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Hello there. :cool:

21. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards.

Use the Map of the Boards to your advantage. Don't be shy to explore, if you do you'll discover many different forums to discuss anything you can think of (even non-Star Wars topics).

Do remember to always read the forum directory/index/FAQ to wherever you wander into. Lurking for a little while and getting a feel for the place never hurts either.

If you're interested in a lot of the technical things about this place, and other information, check out the Informational Threads.

Enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask in this thread. Enjoy your stay!

22. AussieRebel

May 2, 2005
    Thanks for welcoming me in. But why should anyone talk about non Star Wars topics on a Star Wars poll?

23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Hi Rebel-greetings from a fellow Aussie! :D

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    By "SW poll" you mean these boards as a whole, right? :)

There are many reasons why people like to talk about other things, too. For example you want to get to know people from your area, in this case you want to talk about other things at your FF. Maybe you also share other interests beside of SW. :)
    Or you want to relaxe from talking about SW, so you can got to the YJCC and talk about other things.
    And there are some more reasons for sure, because there are a lot of different people around and all these people have different reasons. We are a big community and we love to know each other, although it is almost impossible to know everyone. ;) :)

25. Injectionboy

Injectionboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Welcome make yourself home and have fun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.