main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Hi, I suppose

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Black_Scout, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Hi this appears to be our twin chapter, so I thought I'd call in and say hello to everyone. I'm a 16 year old Yorkshire girl who for some strange reason is still up at 1:52am.

So can't think what else to put.

Bye :D

2. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey there,

Glad you stopped by. We really haven't had a chance to do any joint activities since they're pretty slow gettting that trans-atlantic bridge set up. But we always like hearing from out UK counterparts. :)

Now that I think about it, maybe we should've seen if any of your guys were at C3. Huh. That would've been nifty. We could've all met up for the first time (I know Malkie was with us long before even I was here, but I meant as a group). If only FanForce had people to coordinate events like that. You know, one of those coordinate eventer thingies. Is there a name for that or something?

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    There were many folks from FFUK at CIII. I got to meet a couple of folks there myself. I'm currently trying to get my sister chapter, Midlands UKFF, to get to Dragon Con next year. ::D

No one should be waiting around looking for TFN to organize anything for real life meetups, we're all on our own for that, kinda goes with the idea that fan forces are seen more as grass-roots clubs.

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Snootchie Bootchies from England mootchies.

5. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Hey Ogli

6. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hey, fancy meetin you here. Do ya think we're too English? seemed to have scared every one off.

7. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Someone to coordinate events? Hmmmm....

Yes, come to DragonCon. On account of I can't afford a trip to England these days!

8. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Too English!?! Now what is that may I ask!?! :p

Hey I spend equal time over at the Midlands forums on your side of the pond as well. Stop by the pub there for a drink. :)

9. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    CIII was cool, not sure if I met you Maleficant - I was with the MEPA people most of the time, though Philly grouped up for meals and stuff. Don't think I'll get to a DragonCon, though I'd definitely do C4, just be on my own next time (though I guess Vez and Phill will be heading over too, so I may meet up with them at some point).

Waves to the other Brits, 'tis weird, I saw the Washington DC twin thingy at the top of our forum and followed the white rabbit and lo and behold we have already invaded! So what did happen when there were cross-Atlantic activities?

Not been to Washington DC yet, spent most of my US time in NYC/NJ and CIII in Indy.

10. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Timmah!

Good to see you, mate. What was the name of that place we ate at when we first got there? I was trying to think of it the other day and drew a blank.

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Joe!!!!! :cool:
    Good to "see" ya too.
    As long as you are only drawing blanks and not shooting them :p

As for the place (which was cool) - it was Alcatraz Brewing Company wasn't it?

http://www.alcatrazbrewing.com/indianapolis.php

12. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That's it! I knew it was another brew pub (imagine all of us at one of those :p ), I just couldn't remember the name.

I'm hoping to be on your side of the Atlantic for holiday next year. I'll make sure Phill keeps everyone informed so we have a proper international scandal. :D

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Give me the date and I'll make sure I am in Rhodes :p

J/k aside lol, I am guessing for the next April I will have a week in Rhodes. And another on in Malta sometime later (July?) - I am following the Knights Hospitaller path, maybe they'll take me in ;)

Hopefully can tie the holidays in for when you are not in the UK so I can meet up :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.