main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Hi , I was hoping I could get some info

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chr-Fa_Mosmi, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chr-Fa_Mosmi

Darth_Chr-Fa_Mosmi Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    Well this is my first time posting so let me introduce myself.I'm Chris , a fifteen-year-old tenth grader in a hernando county high school.I'm a fan film maker but have yet to make any real films.Just shorts.A friend and I recentley made a quick Jedi fight scene that turned out pretty good.Just tell me if you'd like to see it.

We made this because we are both into fight scenes and Star Wars.We both take martial arts and know how to use bows , kamas , kendo sticks , ect.........So if your interested in ever making a fight scene , just give me a holler.

I'm into Star Wars and was wondering what Star Wars stuff there is to do around here.I read about the saber club and I am very interested.Any other clubs? Anything else?

I can ushually get to Orlando once a month.I have a permit but I do get my licence in February 2003.So once I get that , I can be pretty big with the clubs.

So if you can help me out that would be great.Thanks!

2. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello Chris,
    I'm not a film maker although I've been involved in some.
    I know film students who won't do anything unless it's big and they're getting paid. It's always nice to see somebody who does it for the fun of it.
    I used to go to the Ifilm and AtomFilm websites a lot. If you haven't seen them you should look them up.

So what martial art do you practice? From the weapons you mentioned I am assuming it's most probably a Japanese martial art.

3. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello Chris,
    I'm not a film maker although I've been involved in some.
    I know film students who won't do anything unless it's big and they're getting paid. It's always nice to see somebody who does it for the fun of it.
    I used to go to the Ifilm and AtomFilm websites a lot. If you haven't seen them you should look them up.

So what martial art do you practice? From the weapons you mentioned I am assuming it's most probably a Japanese martial art.

I can't tell you much about what's going on around Orlando except for some Star Trek groups. Sci-Fi City is a good place to get info on events.
    As far as film or film making, we have Valencia CC, Full Sail, MGM STudios and people all around that are into film. And the Enzian Theatre is the main place to see independent films if you're interested in them.

4. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm not a filmmaker, but I am a sabermaker, and I'm trying to get a saberfight group together. So far there's only two of us, and we don't have martial arts experience, just sparring experience with each other. We'd both love to learn some actual fighting techniques, instead of relying on trial-and-error. :)

StickmanLt

5. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Welcome to the Orlando System! :p

We are a bunch of people who just like to have fun! Currently we don't have many official clubs. As far as what to do, well, we do whatever the group wants to try.

The only other groups I know of around here that do SW things besides us are the Rebel Legion and 501st Imperial Legion Costuming Groups. If you want to know more about the PM me.

We've done bowling, BBQ and oragami at our meetings. We'll be trying to do more things soon!

Art

6. Darth_Chr-Fa_Mosmi

Darth_Chr-Fa_Mosmi Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    Lord , how do I go about joining one of these groups?

If I made my own , would people join?

I'd like to be part of the saber club.Will you still be around come February? That's when I can officially drive on my own.

7. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Joining is easy as coming out and having fun. Everyone is welcome to join.

Art

8. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, right now saberfight club is just me and a friend, but I've been hoping to recruit new people. Hopefully it'll still be around in February. :) And if I can make it to some fanforce meetings, then there will be more than just the 2 of us by then.

StickmanLt

9. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Film making is a frequent topic of discussion around here. If you can make it to the meetings I am sure you can pick someones brain or two. For the most part come out and enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.