main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

hi, I'm in search

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by markusr, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markusr

markusr Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi, I've been searching the internet for a game that would appeal to me for years now. I'm not able to find it.
    What I would like in a game is that is science fiction, have a quick turnbased fight system, the characters can get better on things, and buy new equipment.
    I like star wars minis but its way to simple and boring. RPG in the other hand takes way to much time and effort to play.
    I had this incredible idea to mix the two, using rules from the rpg in minis. But when I sat there reading, it suddenly occurred to me; someone else must of had this idea before me. Someone alot smarter.
    I?m also surprised that the rpg-book (at least the one printed 2000) don?t have much weapon or equipment, not even pictures of the stuff. Such a huge universe should have a huge amount of equipment. I just tried battlefront II on pc, there is a lot of things that could have been used in an rpg.
    Could someone point me to the right forum (or maybe a completely new game) to discuss this?

2. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    If you tell me what an RPG is I might be able to help you. :oops: We have a Role Playing Board but what you're describing doesn't sound like that exactly.

Sorry,

3. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Welcome anyways![face_peace]
    Enjoy your stay here. If you have any questions or concerns ask away.

4. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    Hey, we actually have a video games forum in addition to the RPG forum he showed. http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/p1
    In my opinion, KOTOR was really involved in weapons and story line (the first one being better than the second) although in the second one you are able to customize and build weapons from basic parts
    I liked most of the star wars games though, and i'm looking forward to force unleashed

:tape

duct tape rules!

5. deadlyfries

deadlyfries Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2008
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Markusr! :)

Mhm... your question is hard to answer. There are some RPG boards and some game boards, but I don't know, if your questions fits to one of them. I would try RPG Miniatures first and asking the Mod (Jedi_Dajuan) if she has any ideas. This might be the best option in my view. :)

In additon you can take a look at Census & Games. There you can find tons of polls and games. My thought is that you might be interested in those games there, because they are long lasting, interesting and doesn't need much time. And you can suggest a new (online) game to the mods of that board. I know they are happy for every single game idea. :)

I hope these links and ideas help you. It would be great, if you give me some feedback, if you found what you need and where you found it. It's an unusual question and so I would like to know if we could help you. Thanks. :)

Enjoy your stay and good luck with your game idea! [face_good_luck]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.